does AMZ still absorb 75% of any amount of burst magic damage?

I know back in cata AMZ would absorb 75% of any amount of magic damage if it all came in one burst. Is this still the case in 5.1?

Tonight when I was on will heroic I tried soaking a spark twice with AMZ + Blood presence and both times I died. I was in frost specialization too btw.

edit: I should note that I was referring to AM zone not AM shell. I found glyphed AMShell to work fine with BP if you have about 440k hp and are topped up before soaking. I just want to know if AMZ should work too so I could use that on a fellow raid member or myself if AMS were down.
    Last edited by SteelBalls; 2013-01-25 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    the spark does quite alot of dmg mind you that, but me as a real DK tank (no frost or anything) i can soak those sparks without braking a sweat, but i do have 619k ub hp..

I'm pretty sure it still does. I have not done hc Will so I'm not sure on this spark stuff, but if any damage is absorbed before the spark hit it will only absorb the absorb limit. 75% regardless of absorb limit is first hit only.

It's either been fixed or doesn't work that way anymore. I tried the same thing doing H Will myself and it never worked out. Too bad really.

On heroic will the Titan Gas Ticks will mess it up, as you have to dance around a lot waiting for the spark to trigger and by then the damage absorb is so low you will get punished hard even with AMS etc.