Poll: Which class would you ban from PVP?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages...i don't know what the ICD or CD on improved counterspell is, but being silenced as a opener when you know CS has like a 8-10cd (don't remember the actual cd) is retarded...and frost and fire's burst is just....wow

Warriors. Fuck warriors and their 8 button instant I win macro.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Any class that can fear...
    --
    Is it just me or does anyone else see that when you are feared, you can still get zerged by 2-3 people and the fear still lasts the entire duration?
    Priest used Psychic scream!
    Lock used Bloodfear!
    Warrior used shockwave!
    *trinket*
    Pally used Blinding light!
    Warrior used Intimidating shout!
    Lol blood fear is up!
    Oh come on..

I guess I should say warriors and all those instant ccs can go die in a fire.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2013-01-26 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    I'm still putting my money on the fact that they will be. But well, maybe I'm a complete idiot and I see things the wrong way, but we'll have to wait and see.
    They'll be just like they were in 4.2.

Get kited/peeled/tunneled all game until their teammates line stuff up and then BAM! One shot macro for a kill. Shittiest playstyle ever and their welcoming it back with open arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, Mages and Mages.

I still remember the rogue days... so even if now the only god spec remaining are frost mages, I still vote for rogues.

Priests, I cannot fucking stand Shadow Priest / X / X ANYTHING right now.

rogues, plz die ty cya

Short-term? Warriors, with Hunters as a runner-up.

Long term? Mages, particularly Frost. No other spec has even come close to achieving such consistent bullshit status in PvP.

Bonus round: Healers in general. The entire healing philosophy in this game is 110% stupid. A healer should not be able to survive indefinitely with someone going all-out on them in 1v1, let alone 2v2. An endless health spring that can bring someone up to 100% in a flash does not make for fun PvP. At the very least, going OOM is something that needs to happen much, much faster.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-01-26 at 10:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    mage is winning in votes. the people have spoken
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    I have no idea how PvP look on recent patches anymore. I'd however like to see how all it would work if it was not full of long cooldowns and CC effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Rogues, I've hated them on just about every toon I've played. Even if they can't kill you they're annoying as fuck.

I'd get rid of death knights. They were really a poorly-designed class from the start, and to me always seemed just like a warrior with a new coat of paint. They're different enough that they can team up for an incredibly mongoloid comp (i.e. have a different dr cat on primary cc), but basically just tread on each others territory when it comes to other comps. Whichever one is better is simply the warrior class for the season. Rogues are seeming to go through a similar effect recently, but they've been around since the start and at least have some fundamental differences that make them unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Bonus round: Healers in general. The entire healing philosophy in this game is 110% stupid. A healer should not be able to survive indefinitely with someone going all-out on them in 1v1, let alone 2v2. An endless health spring that can bring someone up to 100% in a flash does not make for fun PvP. At the very least, going OOM is something that needs to happen much, much faster.
    I like the healer mechanic in general, and actually think healers are mostly too vulnerable to being tunneled, but I agree they're definitely way too sustainable. For the past couple years I've been saying that drinking should be disabled entirely in arena, but with what they've done to hybrid mana regeneration I feel like that might not even be a good solution anymore. At least they've put a shorter draw timer on arenas now.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Is it the monks fault that your group does not know a monks spells? It is like letting a warlock free cast chaos bolt or etc. The mystery about monks(or people not taking time to learn about them) is one of the things that makes monks good, I have won rbgs because someone does not know my class.

I do find it funny that there are not that much people complaining about resto shammies or warlocks.
    Was talking about random bgs, not rateds. Randoms don't know game mechanics. And it's not like letting a warlock free cast chaos bolt, because I can actually shut down that damage. The only way to shut down touch of karma is to pray that people get off of the monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    Hard to choose. Mage or Druid... I'll go with druid.
    ...but only the Balance Druid.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Overpowered classes beside, I agree with the sentiment that Rogues mechanics don't work well in organized PVP. As mentioned, they are either completely controlling you, or easy to kill.

Other then that, Frost Mages in their current iteration are completely frustrating to deal with. They have more escape mechanics then anyone has gap closers. It's to the point that if you pit an equally skilled Frost Mage against <insert every melee class/spec here>, the Frost Mage will always win.

Dk get those dks out of my arena

Deleted
    I say rogues. Not because I simply hate them (which is true btw) or because I think they are OP (which I don't think), but because their playstyle doesn't fit into the rest and causes only problems - stealth. Stealth is an interesting mechanics in solo/PVE but I think it should be left out of PVP. It created an unnecessary layer of whack-a-rougue and sapped-out-of-nowhere-lottery which in my opinion shatters the PVP flow and experience. PVP is all about picking your fights - if three hordes are storming your solo defended node, you can choose to retreat and fight at another node instead of getting killed in 5 seconds. But with rogues, you are denied the choice, when 2 of them suddenly appear out of thin air. The only thing you can do is die. PVP is about choosing your fight and preparing to face your fight. Stealth only creates an element of unfairness and unbalance. So that's the reason why rogues, because rogues = stealth. And this would create a nice precedens to deal with feral stealth too...

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    mage is winning in votes. the people have spoken
    I'm having a good laugh at the tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Being a warlock in pvp, i hate rogues, so i want them gutted :P
    Being a rogue in pvp, I hate warlocks!