Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    As opposed to the people venting in bgs :P

OT: It's not always the bad ones who complain.
    I agree, and that's what my posts in this thread have said. I vent in BGs, but I also congratulate when things go well.

Also people just like to troll as well I see them a lot xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    They complain because they see the BG is going to hell, they keep dying and they don't want to blame themselves, so they try to blame everyone else.

Besides, when typing in BG chat, you aren't grabbing flags or killing Alliance scum, so you're not being productive.
    There is a certain breaking point where a battleground is pretty much lost. Had an extremly frustrating Gilneas where we took waterworks with little effort, sadly the three people who at first stayed at mines then ran towards Waterworks leaving it completly undefended. So with only waterworks under our control about 7 people decided to defend it, because it was our IMPORTANT base.
    It took damned long to take mines with 3 people because about 5 Alliance were defending there, we eventually managed to do so because we outgeared the opposition by quite a bit. When we finally took it, guess who arrived? 5 of the 7 defenders of waterworks, seconds after the Alliance capped waterworks because the two guys who stood there were afk and a rogue just capped it.

These people or at least some of them weren't bots either, as they were writing/flaming on the chat. It's where I kind of felt like yelling at them for a bit. And no with 0 deaths, nearly 7 million healing done and having contributed quite a bit I sure as hell wasn't "trying to blame someone else for my short comings". Hell I'm full upgraded T2 2,2k+ RBG Rating.

Same for a TP game where the other side completly outgeared my side. Together with an druid flag carrier and a moonkin we held the flag for 15 minutes against several large incomes by kiting them around the entire base slowly killing them since all three Alliance healers were with their boss. Eventually our DPS got lucky and managed to down their tank in some miracle allowing us to score the 1:0.
    What happened now was that the first guy to grab the flag was an 310k HP rogue. Who then proceeded to run outside and stand on the edge right next to the ramp leading down from the Alliance base instead of running for ours. He stood there for about 2 minutes giving the Alliance ample time to actually make it to him (about 6-7 guys were waiting right below) and when some DK attacked him from behind jumped right into them.
    I by that time was already there and spamming away healing with only about a minute to play. His reaction? Pop everything and sprint AWAY from me. He died, the Alliance made the 1:1 and about 5 seconds later the game ended with their victory.

9 people had for 15 minutes fought and put in a lot of effort to skill a point against a vastly superior team gear wise and a single guy had ruined it all in a matter of seconds for everyone else. Yeah I flamed him and so did a few others. Because he deserved to be flamed. If you're being flamed just ask if you're always the poor victim or if you're actually deserving it at times.

Sometimes camping a GY in WSG is a viable tactic.
    For example, in a random WSG we only had 1 healer compared to the other team having 3 healers (1 of them undergeared)after they capped on us just from the sheer amount of heals they had, me (RET PALLY) and an Arms Warrior (we we're the best geared ppl in the BG) decided after we killed the undergeared healer and another decently geared healer we will keep them around their GY unable to get to their FC's and it worked.
    --
    With them unable to get all their healers into the action the rest of our team was able to overpower their single healer the rest of the match and we won 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is two groups of people complaining in battlegrounds:

1. People who actually need the honor. They are there for the honor, there is no other reason for them to play at that point. Their gear sucks, they can't really contribute and each loss especially of it had been avoidable is going to prolong the time they have to gimp through bg's. Also these people are usually bad.

2. People who're completly overequipped for the battleground and are solely in a battleground to win. For these people there is no other reason to attend a battleground aside from winning it because they don't gain anything else out of it.
    i'm fully geared, i get conquest from arena. i do bgs because i'm bored and enjoy killing people in video games. what group do i fall into?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why is it when you are losing theres always one or two guys that thinks hes some BG god and belittles the rest of the team. Maybe if he was a 7x gladiator with a RBG rating of 2500+ he might have the right to talk shit. But its always the person last place in damage or healing, who hasnt done a single BG objective at all. Just had a nice winning streak going in Temple but we just lost a game by like 20 points so it wasnt like we got curb stomped or anything. This one hunter kept saying "OMG you guys suck L2play" the entire time. At the end of the match he had 10 victory points. Really 10 points I mean you have to try and suck that much. A bot could have contributed more. So why do the people who suck so bad they cant even play better than a bot think they have the right to bitch,complain, and blame everyone else if we are losing?

Well part of this I have to say that numbers do lie. I HATE people who bring up damage, kills, healing when that has very little to bg's. Objectives yes, other part not so really. Yes I know you cant do a complete bg where nobody does no damage, kills nobody or for most heals. For me some idiot running solo into 5 players and yeah maybe killin one or two while that person never goes for flag, kills fc or captures a objective is just as useless. Now the extreme I guess you are stating is someone who avoids everything and just complains..sure but I could be a person say in WSG who tries to go capture our flag and say if they have defense I keep gettin killed so at the end I end up with more deaths than kills while my whole team basically sits in middle. The other scenerio is I go after FC and its guarded by 3 or more and they are heals well I'm not dumb enuff to jump in and try to solo 4 people so I patiently wait for more people and they never come.

I have raged and less these days in bg's about things such as this but I'm trying to do better because today I realize most or bots or people who don't care about winning. I'll admit its hard to bite my tongue but I try.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Sometimes camping a GY in WSG is a viable tactic.
    For example, in a random WSG we only had 1 healer compared to the other team having 3 healers (1 of them undergeared)after they capped on us just from the sheer amount of heals they had, me (RET PALLY) and an Arms Warrior (we we're the best geared ppl in the BG) decided after we killed the undergeared healer and another decently geared healer we will keep them around their GY unable to get to their FC's and it worked.
    --
    With them unable to get all their healers into the action the rest of our team was able to overpower their single healer the rest of the match and we won 3-1.

Grrreat!! Yes, that works but that pretty shows that the team you are going against is probably fail from the start and not really a strategy, same as fighting middle. I have also seen where people head straight to GY and the FC runs right by them.

1. People who actually need the honor. They are there for the honor, there is no other reason for them to play at that point. Their gear sucks, they can't really contribute and each loss especially of it had been avoidable is going to prolong the time they have to gimp through bg's. Also these people are usually bad.

2. People who're completly overequipped for the battleground and are solely in a battleground to win. For these people there is no other reason to attend a battleground aside from winning it because they don't gain anything else out of it.
    i do BGs to have casual fun with friends (and to kill bads) while i'm not doing arenas. i don't care if we win or lose, i just want to have fun. and yes, i'm overgeared for random bgs.

so you're missing a group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i'm fully geared, i get conquest from arena. i do bgs because i'm bored and enjoy killing people in video games. what group do i fall into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    i do BGs to have casual fun with friends (and to kill bads) while i'm not doing arenas. i don't care if we win or lose, i just want to have fun. and yes, i'm overgeared for random bgs.

"Two groups of people complaining". Are you guys complaining? Because then you actually do care about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If someones a multi-gladiator they really don't care about winning or losing a BG because it doesn't mean anything. But if someone complains in chat it means they do random BG's for the majority of their PvP, therefore complain because they care enough to do so.
    Or alts gearing up... I don't rage in /bg on my geared toons, but I do at times when on alts. I'm in there to get gear as fast as I can to do RBGs/Arenas. When I rage its something along the lines of "GTFO of mid ..." or "flag carrier you have 280K life, give the flag to the tank with 550+".

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post

Define "bads". Bad gear or bad players, because I joined this season way late leaving me in "bad" gear and thus desperate for BG wins. The new "catch-up" mechanic is sorely needed right now. The new PvP Power has created the largest power gap between even average gear to good gear of any era in PvP. It's a sorry state they've put the game into right now and 5.2 can't get here fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember losing a WG with a shit team, 7 of them just fail camped mid and me (Lock), a Druid and a mage keep getting killed when we tried to go for the flag. EFC was sitting there in mid farming honor with 3 healers backing him, but he didnt need it because my idiot team refused to :

Attack him.
    Defend one of us when we got the flag.

It got so bad that i saw 2 enemy players get the achievement for return 4 flags in a single BG. So i started grabing the flag, blowing every trick in the book to get too mid and dropping it near my team. After 6 flag drops :

No one grab it
    Everyone started bitching about how "I lost the game for them".

I then explained how a CTF game works in detail, highlighting a few key pionts such as : getting the flag, defending the flag, returning our flag, and how hanging out in mid does nothing. I then stripped myself naked and danced in mid, to help moral.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

"Two groups of people complaining". Are you guys complaining? Because then you actually do care about winning.
    i do care about winning. i like winning. losing is not fun. but i'm not broken up when i lose. why should anyone be? its not like you can't queue up for another one right after. you don't lose rating or anything important, at most you just wasted 20 minutes.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good players tend to adapt to difficulties.

Then why are their tons of 5 man premades in randoms?????

You get shit for honor when you lose, going into randoms at this time in MoP is pointless for Alliance players, you are much better off converting Justice points if you are Alliance. The Alliance player base right now is garbage, Horde racials are 10x better in pvp, including EMFH because of the infinite CC trains so Horde advantage in its PVP player has become much greater now than in a long time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Good players tend to adapt to difficulties.
    Not in online MMORPGS, "good players" do anything to win including exploiting the hell out of any known vulnerbalites, rerolling to the new FOTM at the drop of a hat and faction switching when one sides racials are better than the others.

How do you think good guilds win word first raid bosses? They exploit.
    Last edited by Svarbald; 2013-01-24 at 08:53 PM.

nope, hardly ever complain

Every time I'm in a losing bg there is always some undergeared guy with little to no bg activity yelling and berating everyone.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is really only one thing that makes my blood boil in BG's and that is in EoTS. When the enemy have 3 bases and we have 1 and I see 10 of our team in the middle waiting for the flag I hang my head in shame.

I have been constantly telling Horde for the past five years about this and it continues to happen with frightening regularity. Talk about beating your head on a brick wall.

In other BG's I do hear a lot of complaining. It tends to start as soon as you go 1-0 down in WSG or TP or 4-1 bases in AB. A lot of the time it is the person with the highest number of KB's or damage and I think to myself "If you hadn't been off killing people mindlessly and actually trying to accomplish the objectives then we might not be in this position"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why is it when you are losing theres always one or two guys that thinks hes some BG god and belittles the rest of the team. Maybe if he was a 7x gladiator with a RBG rating of 2500+ he might have the right to talk shit. But its always the person last place in damage or healing, who hasnt done a single BG objective at all. Just had a nice winning streak going in Temple but we just lost a game by like 20 points so it wasnt like we got curb stomped or anything. This one hunter kept saying "OMG you guys suck L2play" the entire time. At the end of the match he had 10 victory points. Really 10 points I mean you have to try and suck that much. A bot could have contributed more. So why do the people who suck so bad they cant even play better than a bot think they have the right to bitch,complain, and blame everyone else if we are losing?
    Lowest on damage and healing....you do realize that often people playing the objectives are lower than the idiots ignoring the objectives and losing the bg for everyone? In AB the people defending probably will do less damage than the morons fighting in the road, capping bases and immediately leaving just to lose the base 5 seconds later.

Most of the bad players are the ones who focus on being scoreboard heroes.

Its not the same running random bgs and no one complains about everyone else being horrible and they are the best. The best is when you look at the scoreboard and see they have done nothing to help and have 0 kills, caps, defends(returns), most deaths, and least healing/damage done and when you post this they instantly start blaming lag, team, spec, bg, etc.

It just wouldn't be the same without them! lol

What i do in this case is i explain or show to the guy complaining that at least 50% of the people hes yelling at are bots, he usually stops