Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My only issue with this new legendary setup is if I remember correctly Blizzard wanted it to take the entire expansion to acquire it. If it does indeed take the entire expansion then there will be such little use of it making it feel pretty much a waste of time. I'd much rather have stuff to do similar to the Shadowmourne quests. I don't prefer it to be back in vanilla/tbc but I also don't want it in it's current state.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    I'm just dropping by to give my take on Legendaries, which is quite a different stance to most.

I think they are and have always been a bad idea, at least for us players.

Not only do they cause a whole heap of squabbling amongst some portion of the player base that seem to think they are "due" a Legendary for no other reason than the fact that the last one (or couple) wasn't for them but I also believe that we as the minor heroes of Azeroth should never have access to these items, made as they are (sometimes) from Arthas' hammer, one thousand souls that need to be reaped and so on.

In my opinion Legendaries, should continue being quest chains but the end result is a lore character getting a new item/weapon/thing that gives them the power they need to help us bring down whatever it is we need to slay.

So in the case of say Tier 13... I'd have made the "Legendary" for that tier to be the Dragonsoul itself, given to the aspects to empower and finally for someone, likely Thrall or him + the aspects to use.

Going further back I'd have wanted to see Shadowmourne placed in the hands of someone like Darion Mograine or some other melee lore figure with a significant stake in the whole LK/Arthas story (wouldn't have gone to Tirion, as he had Ashbringer anyway). The fight would have to have been designed differently to include the interference of an additional lore character, but I'd rather see a weapon like that in his hands, rather than a melee dps
    We basically did do that in tier 13, in the HoT 5 mans. However, as far as needing to craft a standard legendary in order to be capable of bringing a boss down, even the final boss - I can't see that working out. 25 man Firelands may have been a veritable Dragonwrath factory, but most 10 mans only got theirs after the following raid had already been released. Can you imagine the stink that would have been raised if you needed to manufacture a Dragonwrath to give to Kalecgos or something in order to beat Ragnaros? Makes me shudder to think about it. Basically would have been the death of 10 mans. And that's a legendary that's widely regarded, around here anyway, as too easy to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Personally I just want some crazy solo challenge or something.
    I suspect something like that, and they've also hinted that (I'm not sure if its been stated explicitly) that the weapon itself will require raiding outside of LFR.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    doubt they gonna feel more common then shadowmourne/dragonwrath or fangs.

they probally would be more common, since everyone can get one. but it wouldnt FEEL more common then the 3 earlier named ones

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    We basically did do that in tier 13, in the HoT 5 mans. However, as far as needing to craft a standard legendary in order to be capable of bringing a boss down, even the final boss - I can't see that working out. 25 man Firelands may have been a veritable Dragonwrath factory, but most 10 mans only got theirs after the following raid had already been released. Can you imagine the stink that would have been raised if you needed to manufacture a Dragonwrath to give to Kalecgos or something in order to beat Ragnaros? Makes me shudder to think about it. Basically would have been the death of 10 mans. And that's a legendary that's widely regarded, around here anyway, as too easy to get.
    Well obviously Dragonwrath would have been heavily reworked of course (because you're no longer making a super powerful weapon that's meant to be some kind of exclusive and now just completing a long-ish and challenging set of inside and outside raid based quests to create this artefact to help slay Ragnaros), just like tier 13 would have had the daggers totally removed. I mean its just kind of my idea of how Legendaries would work, a sort of long quest chain that is almost required to be completed in order to bypass or nullify a boss mechanic that would have otherwise killed everyone, in practise I guess that more or less becomes a different kind of attunement but only for the last boss or certain gimmicks in a certain tier's main raid.

I just dislike giving really potent weapons (in terms of Lore mostly, often due to how the weapon was made or what it was made from) to us heroes, but as I said other stuff comes with it like the bickering about what class or role deserves their own legendary.

Personally I just want some crazy solo challenge or something.
    I would indeed love it to be challenging. So far, from what I know, its the same as most of the old legendaries minus the RNG. I started late, and am behind, but the parts I have been on purely included farming:

1. Get rep and sigils
    2. get rep and 100% drop from boss
    3. get rep and 6000 valor.

I'm not opposed to making legendaries less about RNG, but I just hope the only steps needed for it aren't "farm for stuff and make sure to cap stuff asap" ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I would indeed love it to be challenging. So far, from what I know, its the same as most of the old legendaries minus the RNG. I started late, and am behind, but the parts I have been on purely included farming:

1. Get rep and sigils
    2. get rep and 100% drop from boss
    3. get rep and 6000 valor.

I'm not opposed to making legendaries less about RNG, but I just hope the only steps needed for it aren't "farm for stuff and make sure to cap stuff asap" ...
    Well that isn't what I'm saying but I do understand WHY they are doing it. I disagree but get why they are doing it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well that isn't what I'm saying but I do understand WHY they are doing it. I disagree but get why they are doing it.
    Haha what would you prefer?

I like how the story is going and keeps going every patch. But really wouldn't like to see everyone obtain a (BiS) weapon at the end of the story (last patch). Would take the "extra" out of extraordinary and just make it ordinary. Still a lot of content to release, so let's see how they continue the story and their rewards.

But agree with everyone that thinks it should be hard to obtain. When I first saw the sigils drop for someone I thought they had gotten something special, but later it turned out to be just a farm-item. Reducing it's "legendary" feeling for me. But hey, they weren't made to feel special. Hoping the last item of the story does .

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    but I don't think it's a stretch to imagine the Mists of Pandaria "Legendaries" are going to feel much more common.
    Because everyone and their brother didnt have Skillmournes, Tarecgosas, or the rogue daggers? So many people finished Tarecgosa the dragons had 100% uptime in Stormwind.

Make them more like Val'anyr. I hardly ever saw any of those and raided all through Wrath starting when Naxx was current content. I think at most during Ulduar and raids after that I saw maybe 3-4 and I was on Stormrage which was a pretty big server if not one of the biggest Alliance ones.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-24 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Haha what would you prefer?
    My preference in an ideal world is epic challenges in the legendaries with story involved. Say like that one Volcanus guy in the Dragon Wrath legendary Questline but different and what not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My preference in an ideal world is epic challenges in the legendaries with story involved. Say like that one Volcanus guy in the Dragon Wrath legendary Questline but different and what not.
    We can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we did 27 pages on this exact topic just a few days ago, I'll make this quick (for once).

Legendaries are more about the effort required to get them than the number available. If you believe them to be too common, I think that cat is well out of the bag after the staff in Cataclysm, if not well before that.

The ultimate expression for a legendary following the logic of the OP would be 1 per realm. I would be fine with that but it's largely the same thing as eliminating them entirely, something I'm also fine with.

I'm not going to get into an argument about semantics revolving around the word 'legendary' because it's a waste of everyone's time. One definition of 'legendary' is "remarkable enough to be well known". I think that's great and covers everything. '57 Chevy's are now legendary and there's still thousands of them around. Legendary does not have to mean 'few'.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-24 at 03:41 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Legendaries have always felt more common once they moved away from the super-low drop rates that came with them in TBC and earlier. I understand your point with saying the legendary items being extremely common, but it's still early in the expansion, and we don't know how the whole process is going to pan out over the remainder.
    This - Val'anyr still was kind of rare, but Shadowmourne? Same for the Cataclysm Legendaries, they were all too common.

The system worked when the Content wasn't avaible to most (no hardmodes and stuff, bosses like Illidan or Kil'Jaeden just were incredible hard compared to todays normalmodes) - but now, as the Legendaries aren't heroic only, they don't feel rare anymore.

It was time for a chance imho.

Blizz is running out of ways to be creative.

don't like legendaries, don't work for one and don't try to end it for those that do want to work for one. i've never understood people who feel so entitled that they think the world revolves around them and their reality should be the reality of everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Blizz is running out of ways to be creative.

Then by all means sir, let's find ways to be more creative.

Warrior-Magi

following the trend, they're making legendaries more easily available. Fits perfectly into the entire theme of making wow more casual friendly. Am I a fan of that? yes. Why? I'm a casual player.

I could say the only thing who disgusts me about the new legendarie, is the raid finder drop.

Otherwise, I could say this is the BEST legendary "mechanich" they just implemented around. I mean... the pre-TBC system was just stupid, I know a guy who just had 5 warglaves dropping in 5 consecultive weeks, and others guys who raided from the very beginning of BC and sunwell and had no legendaries in their cores.

Then wotlk came out and the new legendary system with it. It was almost perfect, with only one point missing, very few classes could use it(just to remember, vanilla legendaries in most of the times were still bis for some specs, so it was like any class/spec could wear one, if lucky enough), if Blizzard did not want to favor your class/spec next patch you could only wait for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The MoP and Cata legendaries feel more legendary than the "ZOMG the RNG gods have looked favorably upon my offer of gnome scalps."
    I have to agree with this, adding wrath to it. Val'nyr and Shadowmourne, though they were still somewhat RNG dependant if you couldnt clear 25H every week.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno