15+ Year Old Account

Stance Minor glyph idea

Sharing this here since I don't use the main forums or wherever else blues post

Stance glyph
    Randomizes stance animations

In combat as a WW your stance animation changes to BrM, next combat it's MW stance etc

I for one love the BrM stance animation but since I'll never play BrM...

just wanted to share this idea in case people like it and post it wherever blues read suggestions

15+ Year Old Account
    It sort of negates the whole idea of stances and fighting styles
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well, I'm not sure why they gave us stances since it's impossible to swap them since they're baked into your specialization. I'd imagine a passive buff would work just as well. I'd simply give us access to all three stances, move the stance bonuses to a passive buff that you get based on your specialization, and then just have your stance be cosmetic only and give you the option to pick which of the three you preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It sort of negates the whole idea of stances and fighting styles
    I agree with this, but I liked the idea of a stance glyph.

How about a glyph which replaces Invoke Xuen to Invoke the celestial of your respective stance, i.e. Mistweavers invoke Yu'lon (or Chi-Ji, Blizzard kinda mixed up the two) and Brewmasters invoke Niuzao.

The stance is intrinsically linked to the fighting style. You need to be in the right stance to perform the right fighting style. You can't just swap and change.

To translate that to WoW, you need to be in the right stance to be a Brewmaster, Windwalker, or Mistweaver. You can't just choose your stance, because then you aren't prepared to be a Brewmaster or whatever. You can't do the Brewmaster moves.

So no, this isn't a good idea, because from a thematic perspective it just goes against the whole 'martial arts' idea. Sure, from an aesthetic perspective it's good to have the choice of which you prefer, but that's just not how it would work. Not in the Mistweaver stance, you can't heal. Not in the Brewmaster stance, you can't tank. Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    I agree with this, but I liked the idea of a stance glyph.

How about a glyph which replaces Invoke Xuen to Invoke the celestial of your respective stance, i.e. Mistweavers invoke Yu'lon (or Chi-Ji, Blizzard kinda mixed up the two) and Brewmasters invoke Niuzao.
    OOOOH. I'd love to have a Niuzao summon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    OOOOH. I'd love to have a Niuzao summon.
    Go get your Ruthers and paint it if you so desire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The stance is intrinsically linked to the fighting style. You need to be in the right stance to perform the right fighting style. You can't just swap and change.

To translate that to WoW, you need to be in the right stance to be a Brewmaster, Windwalker, or Mistweaver. You can't just choose your stance, because then you aren't prepared to be a Brewmaster or whatever. You can't do the Brewmaster moves.

So no, this isn't a good idea, because from a thematic perspective it just goes against the whole 'martial arts' idea. Sure, from an aesthetic perspective it's good to have the choice of which you prefer, but that's just not how it would work. Not in the Mistweaver stance, you can't heal. Not in the Brewmaster stance, you can't tank. Etc.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding this..What I meant was just phyical animation not the benefits...IE BrM ox stance would have it's benefits but the combat idle/animations would be that of serpent stance etc

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding this..What I meant was just phyical animation not the benefits...IE BrM ox stance would have it's benefits but the combat idle/animations would be that of serpent stance etc
    Right, However he was thinking about it from an in game logic kinda deal. You can't fight drunken style when not in drunken fighting stance. It just doesn't make sense.