Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I cry at night over talent tree absense

I love WoW. I have always loved WoW, talent trees are so fun and make your brain tickle more than anything else. i cry becuase they are gone. i want my trees back and im not kidding im crying i miss them so much ........

If they made your brain tickle it just meant you didn't understand them
    Talent trees were mathematically solved hours after each new iteration was released

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my brain tickled when I used the exact same spec as everybody else for every single fight instead of using a little bit of creativity.

I'm sorry, I forgot to download my sarcasm font. I hope it came through, just the same.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Yea honestly having different viable options to choose from for different situations with the current system completely demolishes the old system where every tree only had one real answer.

Vanilla specs were the best. That's when there was true versatility, and class balance didn't need to go under a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If they made your brain tickle it just meant you didn't understand them
    Talent trees were mathematically solved hours after each new iteration was released
    QFT /thread all that good stuff.

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-24 at 01:12 PM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

You want the thoughtless talents that everyone copied each other and there was no meaning to them? No thanks.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Vanilla specs were the best. That's when there was true versatility, and class balance didn't need to go under a microscope.
    Only because people didn't know better at the time. Reintroduce those exact style trees right now and you'd be facing the exact same thing that happened in later expansions. People would just math out the best specs, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Only because people didn't know better at the time. Reintroduce those exact style trees right now and you'd be facing the exact same thing that happened in later expansions. People would just math out the best specs, end of story.
    Sure, but that doesn't make it okay. There's way too much emphasis on math, and class balance today, it's unhealthy for the game because it directly clashes with fun. Things like Arenas really only do harm to this game as a whole.

Yeah, because Survival Hunters getting Lacerate as their 31 point talent was the high point of WoW talents...

Sure, but that doesn't make it okay. There's way too much emphasis on math, and class balance today, it's unhealthy for the game because it directly clashes with fun. Things like Arenas really only do harm to this game as a whole.
    Class balance has always been an issue that why BC was revolutionary for most people because they no longer were a healer, they could be a DPS or a tank no matter the class (obviously talking about hybrids). Paladins weren't holy only, Priests became more then healers, ETC....

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    MMO Champion, proof that anything Blizz says or does becomes the word of god.

Just cause you chose cookie cutter builds doesnt mean everyone else did.

The new talents are even more faceroll than before, your really not getting as much choice as you think you are. And theres still cookie cutter specs.
    Who didn't use Cookie builds and for what? Being a noob isn't a answer =p
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

The new talents are even more faceroll than before, your really not getting as much choice as you think you are. And theres still cookie cutter specs.
    You can say that if you like, but it doesn't change the fact that if you were using a different build then in most cases you were objectively wrong.
    Every tree had a few floating points you could swap around, but in PvE at least there were just certain things you had to take or you were guaranteed not to be doing your maximum potential, and there was almost nothing to gain by picking anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Yes, my brain tickled when I used the exact same spec as everybody else for every single fight instead of using a little bit of creativity.

I'm sorry, I forgot to download my sarcasm font. I hope it came through, just the same.
    Contrary to popular belief, not everyone looked up talent trees online.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who looked up talent trees online had the exact same talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved the old talent trees.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Frankly if you weren't using what everyone else was then you weren't playing optimally. Every top raider was using the same stuff. Every top arena player was using the same stuff.

It's still possible for you to make a sub-optimal build if you really want to like you clearly were before.

In PvE there will allwaayyss be a perfect spec, thats universal.

In PvP I had a lot of viability, I changed my mages spec more times than ide like to admit.

My hunter was always trying new crazy things.
    And the new talents should give you even more choice especially in PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    talent trees are so fun and make your brain tickle more than anything else.
    there was nothing fun, interesting, or mind challenging about the old talent trees. It was something you would have to adjust once ever few patches and you already knew exactly what you were going to change. I love the new system I can swap out a few abilities anywhere for a few silver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahahaha old talent tree a choice? Hahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Bahahaha old talent tree a choice? Hahahaaa
    I miss my Disc-Flay spec on my priest. Reflective bubble with Mind Flay and random Blackout procs? Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, not everyone looked up talent trees online.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who looked up talent trees online had the exact same talents.
    See that't the thing that makes the new system way better than the old. For those of us who weren't derping and looked the stuff up or figured it out on our own we now have less BS talents to worry about and we can actually make choices that matter. The derps who put points in whatever they wanted to with no concern for output well, it's less for them to mess up I suppose.