10+ Year Old Account

In need of serious gear help.

So first off here's my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iiragda/simple.
    Now my question comes in this right now as it stands im SMF and my dps is not as high as i'd like it to be. Now what im wondering is with his current gear level should I be going arms? That gear on the armory is what I have as it stands But I also have the pants off of normal will of the emperor, the brewfest crit/attack power proc trinket, LFR teir chest, and tonight I got the 489 nullification great helm. Also If i went arms my weapon would be LFR shinka. The biggest issue i've been facing with SMF now is that my crits gone down quite a bit after getting a few new peices and my raging blow is just not proccing nearly enough. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Deleted
    Might wanna link your logs as well. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=736&e=1088 Here this is the logs for all of our attempts and when we actually downed it. If theres something I'm doing wrong with my rotation feel free to let me know.

You should be using Dragon Roar along with Bloodbath on cooldown for single and multi target!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    You should be using Dragon Roar along with Bloodbath on cooldown for single and multi target!
    I usually do but sometimes im looking at mechanics and I miss my dragon's roar D:. Should I use it right at the start of bloodbath or use any raging blow/blood thirsts first?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use askmrrobot.com all the time and it is extremely helpful. I just wish their new functions didn't require a membership. :/
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I usually do but sometimes im looking at mechanics and I miss my dragon's roar D:. Should I use it right at the start of bloodbath or use any raging blow/blood thirsts first?
    Basically you wanna line it up so that you do BB+DR followed by a CS phase from full rage to maximize the damage you put into the BB.

Edit: Looked at your Feng kill. While you probably could do more damage, it isn't absolutely terrible. Same cannot be said for the rest of your raid though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Basically you wanna line it up so that you do BB+DR followed by a CS phase from full rage to maximize the damage you put into the BB.

Edit: Looked at your Feng kill. While you probably could do more damage, it isn't absolutely terrible. Same cannot be said for the rest of your raid though
    Our retadin is moving to a spriest soon so he hasn't been working on his gear at all. Chetworth was heals up until a week ago so he's re-getting use to ele. The reason I made this thread was because I like to be able to do as much dps as i can, also my bookmin told me in skype today "I don't have my 4 set so you had better be outdpsing me." Which I not only took some deal of offense to but it made me want to improve myself as much as I can.

There are several things wrong with your armory, fixing these things should result in a noticeable dps increase.

Your blue slot gemming is incorrect, all crit or str bonus blue slots should be socketed with a 160 crit 160 hit gem. Your offhand has a 60 mastery bonus, so it should be ignored and a 320 crit gem should be used instead. I would personally ignore the 120 expertise bonus in your belt and use full crit gems instead, but some people choose to go for that socket bonus.

Your hallow's end ring can be easily replaced by getting a 483 ilvl pvp ring by winning easy low rating 2v2 arena matches with a friend to get conquest point capped for the week. Keep capping conquest until you can upgrade that ring to ilvl 491 and it will be bis pre heroic tsulong/blade lord unless you get lucky on galleon....and even then it's pretty close as the 491 pvp ring provides more crit. The normal mode blade lord haste expertise ring is bad.

Jade Charioteer Figurine is a terrible trinket for warriors, you should get the strength trinket from the last boss in Stormstout brewery and then use JP to upgrade it to ilvl 471. If you can't be bothered to run a 5 man, then I guess you can just wait on the normal mode will trinket to drop for you.

I guess you could also get trinket and ring upgrades from Dominance Offensive rep, but at this point I would probably save my valor to upgrade stuff that will last a while instead. Although if you don't plan on killing normal mode Tsulong anytime soon, then the ring could be a viable purchase if you really don't want to cap 2v2 arena points.

You will probably not replace your bracers for a while, so you should consider spending the gold and enchanting them with 180 strength instead of 170 mastery. I believe the 489 VP bracers are slightly better or about the same as the normal mode elite protectors bracers. The dps increase (if any) that the 503 bracers would give you would be negligible and they would be better off in the hands of a dk/ret or even a tank.

And I'm assuming you just forgot, but obviously you want to enchant your gloves with +170 strength.

I guess you could also get trinket and ring upgrades from Dominance Offensive rep,
    Dominance offensive trinket is on use and he is Engi so the VP is definitely better spent elsewhere since it doesn't stack with synapse springs. Xuen is also a very good trinket choice in particular for SMF + Engi.

I believe the 489 VP bracers are slightly better or about the same as the normal mode elite protectors bracers.
    For me the elite protector ones sim marginally higher but the difference is negligible at least for SMF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    There are several things wrong with your armory, fixing these things should result in a noticeable dps increase.

Your blue slot gemming is incorrect, all crit or str bonus blue slots should be socketed with a 160 crit 160 hit gem. Your offhand has a 60 mastery bonus, so it should be ignored and a 320 crit gem should be used instead. I would personally ignore the 120 expertise bonus in your belt and use full crit gems instead, but some people choose to go for that socket bonus.

Your hallow's end ring can be easily replaced by getting a 483 ilvl pvp ring by winning easy low rating 2v2 arena matches with a friend to get conquest point capped for the week. Keep capping conquest until you can upgrade that ring to ilvl 491 and it will be bis pre heroic tsulong/blade lord unless you get lucky on galleon....and even then it's pretty close as the 491 pvp ring provides more crit. The normal mode blade lord haste expertise ring is bad.

Jade Charioteer Figurine is a terrible trinket for warriors, you should get the strength trinket from the last boss in Stormstout brewery and then use JP to upgrade it to ilvl 471. If you can't be bothered to run a 5 man, then I guess you can just wait on the normal mode will trinket to drop for you.

I guess you could also get trinket and ring upgrades from Dominance Offensive rep, but at this point I would probably save my valor to upgrade stuff that will last a while instead. Although if you don't plan on killing normal mode Tsulong anytime soon, then the ring could be a viable purchase if you really don't want to cap 2v2 arena points.

You will probably not replace your bracers for a while, so you should consider spending the gold and enchanting them with 180 strength instead of 170 mastery. I believe the 489 VP bracers are slightly better or about the same as the normal mode elite protectors bracers. The dps increase (if any) that the 503 bracers would give you would be negligible and they would be better off in the hands of a dk/ret or even a tank.

And I'm assuming you just forgot, but obviously you want to enchant your gloves with +170 strength.
    Is the brewfest trinket worse then the carbuncle trinket? I probably should have mentioned I have about 2.6k valor saved up.

Deleted
    Your blue slot gemming is incorrect, all crit or str bonus blue slots should be socketed with a 160 crit 160 hit gem. Your offhand has a 60 mastery bonus, so it should be ignored and a 320 crit gem should be used instead.
    This is wrong, you should be gemming pure crit in all sockets except for the headslot. Tier headslot with a blue gem socketed gives you 180 str, get that with a 160crit/hit gem.

Other than that, the only exception of not using a pure crit gem is if the socketbonus is crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Other than that, the only exception of not using a pure crit gem is if the socketbonus is crit.
    Wrong, you need to compare the stat weights of the lost 160 crit from a hybrid gem with the second stat on gem + socket bonus.