upgrading questions

hello mmochampion peep i have a few question about upgrading
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kposion/simple
    im currently going to upgrade and next week ill be able to upgrade again my question is what peice should i upgrade im in between my tier gloves and relic of xuen
    and what a good site to help with upgrading questions

ive heard its having an issue atm, but shadowcraft, same as always. can check each piece and see the DPS difference. http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

Trinkets are generally the best to upgrade.

http://wowupgrade.com/#armory=darkposion:eredar:US

This works very well if you adjust the stat weights accordingly.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

In general;

MH > Primary Trinket > Secondary Trinket > OH >= Highest to lowest itemisation budget gear

Note: This could be another moment of something I simply assumed to be true, if that upgrading website is accurate, then trinkets will indeed fall ahead of OH weapons (perhaps MH?) - assuming it's trinket modelling is accurate.

EDIT: Checked against some basic sims, updated priority order accordingly.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-01-24 at 03:51 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I'll rather go with the item that you will keep the longest.
    In your case Relic of Xuen, Tier gloves and the ring are the items that needs upgrade and are high itemlvl on and you will keep longest.
    Go with Relic of Xuen first(Lei shi HC for upgrade), then Tier gloves(Windlord HC for upgrade) and then the ring(Feng HC for upgrade).
    Go with that order based on your gear atm.

Since you have killed stone guard, I'd bank valor, get the normal mode dagger off stone guard and upgrade that first. Upgrade weapons before anything else.

Surely you'd be better off purchasing the epic neck from klaxxi than upgrading something else? 1250 VP for a 26 ilvl upgrade vs. 1500 VP for an 8 ilvl upgrade seems like a no-brainer to me. Unless you've got some other odd reason for wearing that blue neck piece. Other than that I'd hold VP for a normal-mode main hand dagger and upgrade that. Upgrading my 489 dagger to 497 was about a 1.2k dps upgrade.

Just my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Javanface View Post
    Surely you'd be better off purchasing the epic neck from klaxxi than upgrading something else? 1250 VP for a 26 ilvl upgrade vs. 1500 VP for an 8 ilvl upgrade seems like a no-brainer to me. Unless you've got some other odd reason for wearing that blue neck piece. Other than that I'd hold VP for a normal-mode main hand dagger and upgrade that. Upgrading my 489 dagger to 497 was about a 1.2k dps upgrade.

Just my two cents.
    2 issues: itemlevels scale exponentially, so 8 ilevels on a 496 is a percentage gain on the 496, while 26 ilevels on the blue is a percentile increase on the blue item's stats (if they were direct %s, you'd see 26%-of-463 on the 463->489 buy, or 10.88%-of-463 stats for upgrading the epic 496). This doesn't add up at first but over time, the total increase is warranted. If the blue item's slot is worth less in the first place (i.e. shoulders have lower itemization than a chest or OH vs. MH when most weapon attacks only count MH), then the choice becomes even more heavily weighted toward the "better" slot.

Second, and this is a matter for personal preference, that neck can be replaced by a drop on Spirit Kings (assuming normal kills drop one, or at least a 476 by the LFR) which would still be an upgrade over the VP buy, while upgrading the Relic or MH off the stone guardians would put both pieces "out of the league" of likely upcoming drops.

Buying the valor neck is still very much an option, but personally I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    2 issues: itemlevels scale exponentially, so 8 ilevels on a 496 is a percentage gain on the 496, while 26 ilevels on the blue is a percentile increase on the blue item's stats (if they were direct %s, you'd see 26%-of-463 on the 463->489 buy, or 10.88%-of-463 stats for upgrading the epic 496). This doesn't add up at first but over time, the total increase is warranted. If the blue item's slot is worth less in the first place (i.e. shoulders have lower itemization than a chest or OH vs. MH when most weapon attacks only count MH), then the choice becomes even more heavily weighted toward the "better" slot.

Second, and this is a matter for personal preference, that neck can be replaced by a drop on Spirit Kings (assuming normal kills drop one, or at least a 476 by the LFR) which would still be an upgrade over the VP buy, while upgrading the Relic or MH off the stone guardians would put both pieces "out of the league" of likely upcoming drops.

Buying the valor neck is still very much an option, but personally I wouldn't.
    Right, that's all well and good but in his case he's only really got the gloves that are 496 and upgradable. I just had a quick comparison between upgrading my 496 tier legs to 504 vs. going from the blue neck to the epic klaxxi one and the end result is 49 agility and 52 secondary stats in favor of the necklace.

I do agree with your second point though but the OP has only done 4/6 MSV normal as of right now so I doubt their raid group is swimming in gear either, bearing in mind they've only just killed the boss that drops the necklace for him 14 hours ago

Getting exalted with golden lotus very soon

Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    Getting exalted with golden lotus very soon
    Yeah, then definitely don't buy the neck.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart