10+ Year Old Account

suggestion for reporting.

so i searched and didnt see another thread with a suggestion like this so here goes.
    i think this forum would benefit from having a report button like on the wow forums where an already reported post is indicated by a symbol visible to the poster. that way the mods don't get 20 reports about the same person. it would not have to be publicly visible to others if not desired. sometimes i forget things and dont want to accidently report the same post twice. unless there is some way to check to see if a post has been reported or not.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i searched and didnt see another thread with a suggestion like this so here goes.
    i think this forum would benefit from having a report button like on the wow forums where an already reported post is indicated by a symbol visible to the poster. that way the mods don't get 20 reports about the same person. it would not have to be publicly visible to others if not desired. sometimes i forget things and dont want to accidently report the same post twice. unless there is some way to check to see if a post has been reported or not.
    If posts are getting reported 20 times, not showing this icon publicly wouldn't stop that from happening unless you're the one reporting the post all 20 times.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really a big deal

if anything, it indicates urgency and controversy

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind a double-sided coin. On one hand, an extremely bad post will end up flooding my email with everyone reporting. On the other hand, it's good that I see all those reports because then it's something that probably needs to be taken care up quickly. So, a "this post has been reported" icon would probably limit most posts to only being reported once.

10+ Year Old Account
    As well, extra reports don't create...extra reports. If 10 people report the same post, we just have a report thread with 10 posts, not 10 reports. So you don't overwhelm us but it gets bumped up and it is clear something is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As well, extra reports don't create...extra reports. If 10 people report the same post, we just have a report thread with 10 posts, not 10 reports. So you don't overwhelm us but it gets bumped up and it is clear something is wrong.
    That's true with the literal report, but some of us work off email notifications and we do get an individual email for each one.

That said, I kinda like them split for the reason Meari mentioned.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |