Thread: Fel fury??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dunno....I like that meta recolor. It looks really cool with the green coloring more like illidan's model and at least it gives people who play demo something more fel green to show off.

Blizzard uses "Colorize" filter in Photoshop -> headline news!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    Blizzard uses "Colorize" filter in Photoshop -> headline news!
    I agree, these icons are so bland. I don't think we really needed colo reskinning of the icons. They look so poorly done with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Wait..wait, is that Green Meta a datamined model or fanmade one? I hope that my Meta won't get destroyed like this, cause I only want to get rid of simplistic orange fire, not spoil the dark purple feeling.
    It's real, I checked myself after seeing it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's real, I checked myself after seeing it here.
    Then hopefully/probably its Kanrethrad's Meta model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely. I don't see how orange fire turning green should effect our purple, non fire based Metamorphosis. I wouldn't mind a green version, but I'd find it odd if it was included.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Likely. I don't see how orange fire turning green should effect our purple, non fire based Metamorphosis. I wouldn't mind a green version, but I'd find it odd if it was included.
    Indeed. It is somewhat two different sorts of services. I think they try to pass a certain meaning through the MoP Warlock and the new questline. Like how fel is a specific unstable source that is meant to be controlled through entropic means (mainly destro) and that the actual Warlock idea is the darkness/shadow one. Therefore, we managed to get flames to the magnitude of the Firelands and now we attempt to transmute all that potential to raw entropic fire.

That does not exclude the idea that Warlock is about darkness, then comes chaos and destruction. I think that as of the new questline, the goals of each spec will be:
    -Affliction/Twilight and possibly Blood (see soulburn-healthfunnel, SoC and Dark Soul:Misery)
    -Demonlogy/Demons and the Void
    -Destruction/ Chaos, Fire (with fel dressing )

As of my Affliction argument, the core idea is being master of shadow and drains. The drain trade-off easily translates as blood and the twilight element is all about the true face of shadow magic, the Old Ones.

I really like the Green Meta and if it were included, I'd be perfectly fine with that, bordering on happy.
    But at the same time, it does seem odd that non-fire based abilities might also get flipped green.
    Then again, maybe there are two Warlock quests (or rewards), One being Fell Flame, one being Fel Fury.
    We just don't know yet. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Meta is purple; changing it to green makes about as much sense as making Shadowbolt green. I am really looking forward to the quest, I'd even go with the green fire, but changing Meta in this way would make me want to not make use of the Codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, Meta is purple; changing it to green makes about as much sense as making Shadowbolt green. I am really looking forward to the quest, I'd even go with the green fire, but changing Meta in this way would make me want to not make use of the Codex.
    There are tons of people who want to change flame colour but keep the dark/purple touch. It would be atrocious to have to pick none or both for green alteration.

i want green meta! i want green shadow bolt! everything a warlock uses should be green. shadow magic is for priests their called shadow priests for a reason! @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i want green meta! i want green shadow bolt! everything a warlock uses should be green. shadow magic is for priests their called shadow priests for a reason! @_@
    I am glad you do not work for blizzard. Phew. If Warlock had no shadow, I would delete him that instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    meh making meta green would be liked by some and disliked by others, it doesn't really seem that outrageous, considering that illidan's demon form was green and green is related to many things demon. our demon form was never really said to be shadow or void based or even fel based so....if they wanted to they could make meta freakin rainbow colored and it really wouldn't be lore breaking

hopefully not, I liked that new green meta model
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Well the green Meta looks nice. I'll still be sticking to Demonology pvp in 5.2 so the changes (mostly destro) is just okay with me.

I'd totally flip though if Meta will get some Illidan skin plastered on though. Like, retain the shadow part, but give it accents. I just felt the graphic for it is half-assed and rushed. I feel like wearing a tennis shoe for some reason. It is due for some refinements dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    hopefully not, I liked that new green meta model
    I hate orange fire, but I like my purple spells and Meta. Why should I be forced to pick one AND the other?

inb4 "BLIZZ YOU HAVE TO GIEF US COLOR OPTION FOR EACH SPELL"

I hate orange fire, but I like my purple spells and Meta. Why should I be forced to pick one AND the other?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_can...ake_and_eat_it

personally, I'd say it would be nice to keep the purple meta as the DPS form and have a green one for demon hunting tanking, but we've been getting so much love lately that I feel we just don't have the moral rights of being picky lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-25 at 03:01 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know anything about all of this yet, BUT if it does turn out this way, then it's a simple question of you accepting or not accepting the package that's being offered. This is not a buffet where you can pick and choose. Blizz makes something they think will be nice for the game, and you simply accept that or don't get involved once it's offered. Though you are fully free to complain about it here or on official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    We don't know anything about all of this yet, BUT if it does turn out this way, then it's a simple question of you accepting or not accepting the package that's being offered. This is not a buffet where you can pick and choose. Blizz makes something they think will be nice for the game, and you simply accept that or don't get involved once it's offered. Though you are fully free to complain about it here or on official forums.
    I don't think they will go for the "full package" thing. The quest is intended to distinguish the Warlock identity, which is to distinguish normal fire from fel fire, not void/shadow from fel magic.

In my opinion, the Warlock identity is the chaotic aspect of the outer space in WoW terms. More like the Void being the darkness of the unknown/outer space and fel being the arcane/particles that are being applied to their purest chaotic form. That is what the Twisting Nether and the Void about. Mages, on the other hand are concerned about the astral/material application of space, while priests go for the spiritual aspects of creation and destructions respectively.