Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Windwalker's are simming highest, but it's hard to judge since so few people can play the spec well.

Gonna go with Assassination Rogues / Dks since they always perform well in mid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    If that was the case, they'd be the best dps period. By a stupid margin too, more than 10% ahead of the current best of the best.
    Blizzard said the tuning pass have not even started.
    That include arm warrior too.
    So we really don't know how much each spec will do when 5.2 comes out.
    We haven't made a tuning pass on Arms (or any spec) yet. Don't fret about DPS numbers at this stage.
    From front page

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Still nothing that a holy paladin can't do, to get a better dps instead of the retri.
    Thats the problem with the specc. We dont have any spec specific utility.
    That can be said about all of classes. Warrior tanks have banners/cry, resto shamans have stormlash totem, etc. Compare it to for example frost dk, no utility at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Still nothing that a holy paladin can't do, to get a better dps instead of the retri.
    Thats the problem with the specc. We dont have any spec specific utility.
    We have some of the best utility in the game.

Fury warrs / rogues will be best in 5.2 though.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

If the PTR changes stick then WW will be top dps wise easily. But as its been stated before what you should look for highly depends on the raid comp and what you need. Fury war brings in quite a bit of utility and scales better with gear so you can safely assume that they will still be near the top dmg wise. Unless you need more BoPs ret imo shouldn't even be a choice right now. Rogues new raid cd with smoke bomb gives them added utility and so far this xpac I haven't seen a fight similiar to heroic V&T where rogues were overpowered but there usually is one so they are always a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    Right now as far as single target dps goes, we're one of the highest specs. Any downtime severely effects that number and we suck on cleave fights. Just so happens that most fights has some kind of gimmick that plays well to other classes, whether it be a cleave or a bug

In 5.2 we're looking at a ~30% damage increase in single target and on top of that Storm, Earth, and Fire will be a 20% damage gain on two targets and 35% on three.

5.1 - We look good on dummy, not in practice. No cleave. Good AoE
    5.2 - We look godly on dummy, good in practice. Good cleave. Great AoE

We'll be one of the best specs period in 5.2.

PvP we will likely be FotM due to Ring of Peace and Nimble brew. Check em out on the PTR if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Yes, with the latest ptr build (they're labeled as mistweaver, but they're bugged, look at the description of the stance, it's windwalker) it jumped to around 40% (200% blackout kicks). As a WW, I honestly believe they won't make it to live, but 30% is a safe bet, AND we're gonna have the best cleave in the game (range 100yd). Not to mention a powerful self heal is in our rotation (expel harm doing same dmg as jab) and we're very survivable with 1.5 minute cd's and a cool raid cd.
    Have you guys actually tried the PTR at all or are you just making up numbers? Those datamined tooltip descriptions are for Mistweaver only, you can't take them at face value.

I've copied my main to the PTR and spent extensive time trying different reforges to try to do more DPS than I am on live and I am struggling to do so. The new mastery scales well but it's not that great yet, it's better at a high gear level and not so great at a low gear level. The change to Tigereye Brew stack generation should be a small increase, and so should hitting Chi Wave on cooldown. I think at best we might be seeing around a 10-15% increase on the PTR.

On live we are generally in the top 6 or so specs in single target fights. So we should stay in the top 5 but we won't pass Arcane Mage for example. However Storm, Earth, and Fire should allow us to be more consistent to possibly continue to be in the top 5 on the rest of the fights that benefit from cleave or multitarget dps, which we currently are lower middle of the pack on.

Not sure of your gear level but our WW copied to PTR just to test it out. And with his current gear and going heavy mastery single target it was a 25k dps increase to his current dps. I don't claim to know monks all that well but if you told me I was gaining 25k dps and already was consistantly top 1-3 in raids I'd be pretty happy with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I'm considering switching classes for 5.2. My 10 man group needs a melee DPS so my choices are:

Windwalker
    Feral Druid
    Ret Paladin
    Fury Warrior
    Frost DK
    Rogue
    Enh. Shaman

Which melee DPS has the best scaling / damage in 5.2?
    Windwalker
    Frost DK
    Enhancement/Feral

For DPS and Utility : Warrior
    For straight DPS : Monk
    For AoE : DK
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Why isn't unholy dk on the list?

Think I'll vote rogue or frost dk, but it's really really hard to tell.

Deleted
    Honestly it's not even close in a 10 man setting - it's by far Fury Warriors as they add so much more than any other melee currently. I'm playing a rogue myself but I'd much rather play a Fury Warrior. However, I guess it's becoming a little closer between rogues and Fury Warriors due to rogues getting Smoke Bomb raid CD, but I'd pick a Fury Warrior regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Why isn't unholy dk on the list?

Think I'll vote rogue or frost dk, but it's really really hard to tell.
    Unholy DK seems to be the redheaded child when it comes to DK DPS I guess. People want the facekeyboard style of Frost it seems, I think Unholy is quite competitive if you know how to play it right but sadly there are not many DK's playing Unholy for there to be enough of a sample size to prove it's worth, there is a sample size but I feel it's not enough so maybe with 5.2 we'll see a big change in those numbers on sims. Hopefully these changes attract more players away from Dullfrost to Winholy

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I'm considering switching classes for 5.2. My 10 man group needs a melee DPS so my choices are:

Windwalker
    Feral Druid
    Ret Paladin
    Fury Warrior
    Frost DK
    Rogue
    Enh. Shaman

Which melee DPS has the best scaling / damage in 5.2?
    Is there a reason you didnt include unholy dk?At no point I feel unholy hasnt been competive as long as you know how to play the class, and the minor buffs in 5.22 should make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    Have you guys actually tried the PTR at all or are you just making up numbers? Those datamined tooltip descriptions are for Mistweaver only, you can't take them at face value.

I've copied my main to the PTR and spent extensive time trying different reforges to try to do more DPS than I am on live and I am struggling to do so. The new mastery scales well but it's not that great yet, it's better at a high gear level and not so great at a low gear level. The change to Tigereye Brew stack generation should be a small increase, and so should hitting Chi Wave on cooldown. I think at best we might be seeing around a 10-15% increase on the PTR.

On live we are generally in the top 6 or so specs in single target fights. So we should stay in the top 5 but we won't pass Arcane Mage for example. However Storm, Earth, and Fire should allow us to be more consistent to possibly continue to be in the top 5 on the rest of the fights that benefit from cleave or multitarget dps, which we currently are lower middle of the pack on.
    yeah, I'm getting a significant increase in damage on the ptr compared to live. The new mastery scales REALLY well. You are doing something very wrong on the ptr if you cant manage a marginal dps gain.

As far as WW sims go, i still think there is some sort of disconnect in there somewhere. Even the best of the best WWs in the best of the best guilds are barely getting close to those numbers, and usually its with some added luck. I wouldn't put much weight in the BiS profile. Hell the gear they have there isn't even upgraded.

Up until 5.1ish hit I was able to keep up or even pass the sim in damage, but now it pretty much takes luck to hit it. But i mean, if you look at garajal for example(cut out the chinese/tw parses). with gear that is around 3-4ilvls higher than those sims people still are BARELY on the high end breaking those sims numbers. And when you're talking 2 upgraded weapons, that should be a 6kish dps increase.

There are quite a few very good WWs out there, don't let those sims fool you into thinking we're the 2nd best dps spec though. Raidbots front page will simplify it for you.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2013-01-28 at 03:24 AM.

the new meta scales with shaman masteri so i think thay will be strong when you get that - but if you havent startet the questline its a long way to the meta

Deleted
    Before I get biased and say 'Warrior DK Rogue' I would say: Pick whatever would complete your setup, but more importantly: Pick a player who knows what he's doing, regardless of class.

And the lack of Ret representation sucks :< A very good ret can be of good use

Deleted
    All the classes have something to offer in a raid environment.

i.e. raid cooldowns - warrior, aoe stuns/grips/shell - dk,
    Soaks/survival/long single stuns/engrage dispells - rogue

In a vaccuum none are much better than the other in my opinion... Go with what your raid group can utilise most and what you actually enjoy playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I would go Fury, Frost then Rogue in that order. They all scale damn well with gear compared to say a ret pally or enh sham.
    With the DPS legendary meta announced as being nature damage I'm going to have to change my choice to Enh Shammy. They scale pretty much on par with rogues gear wise but having their mastery boost nature damage might push them above and beyond other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Fury > WW > Frost