Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oddly, I'm seeing the most fail on Will. It's just ... sad.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    5 wipes in a row on Morchok... Probably the easiest boss Blizzard has ever implemented...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Deleted
    Tsulong fastest LFR kill 9 minutes, longest one 18 MINUTES, yes thats right...

Not sure if this counts, but on Tuesday this week I joined a group that was 13/25 people from the same guild, all with HC raid gear who decided that they were going to make people have a bad time.

They queued the 2 tank spots and 6 healer spots with soft dps, and just kept pulling as much trash as possible to make the instance impossible.

Reported all 13 of them and left, hoping they get 3 day bans minimum. I joined in progress and apparently it had been going on for a while. They just kept spamming "Die casual scum" in /y

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

With regards to "actual" bad groups, I find that I've had amazing luck with ToES and HoF. However, doing MSV on my alts lately has been... special.

Worst group - 4 wipes on Feng. No null barrier (obviously) even after explaining to both tanks how to use it, and with them both acknowledging that they understood and would do it this time. I was the only person doing over 28k dps at about 45k, and that was on my character with a 454 ilvl that I cheated the system to get in by holding some offspec gear.

No idea if they eventually won, I left after 4 tries of failing to get past phase 1.
    Last edited by Halifax; 2013-01-24 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but on Tuesday this week I joined a group that was 13/25 people from the same guild, all with HC raid gear who decided that they were going to make people have a bad time.

They queued the 2 tank spots and 6 healer spots with soft dps, and just kept pulling as much trash as possible to make the instance impossible.

Reported all 13 of them and left, hoping they get 3 day bans minimum. I joined in progress and apparently it had been going on for a while. They just kept spamming "Die casual scum" in /y
    Good lord that sounds horrible :/ Sorry to hear that, must have been terrible to everyone else in the raid... Must have been a bunch of very very sad individuals. People like that should move on imho,either to other games or just to other activities. If hc raiding makes them act like that, they could always try pvp or pet battles or roleplaying or something...
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-01-24 at 09:17 PM.

one of the first lfrs i ever did. got to hagara, me and a number of other people die on trash and the first tank pulls before everyone has been resed, gets gibbed because healers are not ready. second tank fails on the first ice wave phase. the remainder of the fight she is tanked by a sword and boarding fury warrior with creative use of holy priests.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

The worst LFR raids I got untill now where during the Gara'jal and Spirit Kings fight. During Gara'jal, not a single dps bothered to go into the totem, causing the whipe. During Spirit Kings, the DPS where killing themselves.

Deleted
    Yor'sahj lfr near end of cata. Nothing special happened, sometimes 3rd blobs reaches but nobody died apart from the tanks once each. Hard enrage at 20-25%. I left.

15+ Year Old Account
    - CR the tank CR the tank!
    - We have already used up all the CRs on this try.
    - Fuck you slacker locks, druids and DKs, CR the tank.
    - But we can't!
    - CR THE TAAAANK NOOOOOOOW!
    - ...retards...

---------------

- Taunt now! TAUNNT! Oh fuck, you have no clue when to taunt, haven't you?
    Then wiping and blaming each other over the taunts. Who didn't whe he should have or did when he shouldn't have...

Happens all the time.
    Other than these, I rarely had problems with LFR in MoP. It's tuned retardedly easy. Meljarak seems a bit hard for LFR crowd. CCing is too hard. CCing only 4 is even harder. Marking a skull and following it is impossible.

DS on the other hand has been terrible. Trolling with theramore portals and EoE summons, pulling the ooze trash 2 or 3 packs at a time (almost 100% wipe), wiping on DW because of low dps, only 5 (including me) stack up at Warmaster, we die, I fall asleep healing on Spine, stuff like that. EVERY WEEK.
    Last edited by Zka; 2013-01-24 at 09:47 PM.

Had a Terrace run this week that I tanked with a friend of mine. Protectors was fine. We got to Tsulong and once everyone was ready I started tanking the boss.

As a Monk tank I had placed my Ox Statue just before I pulled the boss, and after a while, I realized that my statue had de-spawned. That statue has a 15 minute duration.

The DPS in this group was so bad, that we wiped from an enrage. The top DPS was 45k and I was third highest DPS as a tank.

Unless I can't think of a worse group from DS, this was the worst group I have ever had in LFR

Any group inn LFR that ever wiped on Ultraxion, either cause the tanks couldent taunt so the best DPSers died or we just lacked DPS.

No execuse really. I did however try use these raids for my own pleasure when I was bored and wanting to DPS-train on the guy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Probably the LFR HoF I was in the first day it unlocked. Got to Garalon no problem; and then got stuck in the "50% of the raid drops out and has to be replaced between every wipe, so we're stuck here for two hours" loop. Finally got it down, but ugh. . .

Similar things happened a few times on Madness as well. Aside from that sort of general LFR frustration, though, I have been fortunate enough not to have any groups that were specifically and spectacularly bad, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst LFRs have been hof part 1 for me lately. Not sure what it is but folks don't break CC on Zor'lok, folks die to Unseen Strike, and Garalon is just well ... yea

Also i know it's not LFR but lately Sha of Anger groups on my realm both horde and alliance seem to be wiping an awful lot
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not the worst, but it seems to happen every time on Spirit Kings. Everyone groups up before the pull, waiting for the boss to path closer, warrior tank charges in... pretty hilarious and sad at the same time. Once in awhile, if you're lucky, the tank will blame the healers. Seems I always get paired with a warrior tank for this part...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhealik View Post
    Tsulong fastest LFR kill 9 minutes, longest one 18 MINUTES, yes thats right...
    He enrages before that, unless they changed it recently.

I've never really had a whole group fail in LFR, maybe it's because i'm so used to having low expectations of them and carrying them all as a tank, but there have been several times where I get profoundly irritated at the other tank in the raid.

In vaults for example, in LFR, I just tank all 3 dogs right beside each other and I can get absurd amounts of DPS on them as well as absorbs from my ox statue going out every couple of seconds and it just works out better for everyone since the boss dies faster and people take less damage. But almost every time, the other tank will keep taunting one off of me just to have something to do and that irritates me since its so obviously one tank in LFR mode. What's funny is my damage pulls the taunted dog right back to me right after he is taunted without even having to target him, so the guy ends up taunting on cooldown the entire fight.

Another thing that really irritates me is one tank fights like spirit kings or first boss in HOF where the other tank can't possibly hope to outhreat me, and yet they still want to try to force their way to tanking the boss, so they spam taunt on cooldown on the mod. I never let them have it though, they can't outthreat me naturally, they don't deserve it. Soon as they taunt, i taunt right back less than a second after and since I do more threat and our taunts have the same cooldown, they can never hold it no matter what they do.

I just really hate these undergeared, inexperienced "tanks" i'm forced to cooperate with whenever I happen to slum myself into an LFR.

Only times i've ever wiped in LFR was once or twice on will of the emps the first week it was out because the DPS was low and stupid, then again the first week garalon LFR was out we wiped like once, then I decided to tank the boss and deal with the pheramones the entire time (without letting anyone else have them) and we crushed him quickly.

Doing everything yourself makes it all faster and easier. There are too many bads and fails in LFR to trust any of them with any responsibility and whenever you have no control over such things such as orbs on elegon, they always let you down with their failure.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    In vaults for example, in LFR, I just tank all 3 dogs right beside each other and I can get absurd amounts of DPS on them as well as absorbs from my ox statue going out every couple of seconds and it just works out better for everyone since the boss dies faster and people take less damage. But almost every time, the other tank will keep taunting one off of me just to have something to do and that irritates me since its so obviously one tank in LFR mode. What's funny is my damage pulls the taunted dog right back to me right after he is taunted without even having to target him, so the guy ends up taunting on cooldown the entire fight.
    Yeah them taunt-tanks are annoying. Also on-topic: my friend once ended up in a lfr in vaults where the tanks wanted to do it "the proper way". They ended up petrifying the raid. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Yeah them taunt-tanks are annoying. Also on-topic: my friend once ended up in a lfr in vaults where the tanks wanted to do it "the proper way". They ended up petrifying the raid. =/
    Good god how horrifying.
    It's like the lfr groups that want to do elite mode protectors for absolutely no reason other than to watch everyone die to expell corruption
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    It was the strangest thing really. First week Elegon, first floor disappearance. I don't raid normals myself but my guildies who do were warning me on mumble about the floor, so I moved in time. However, 18 others did not. This in itself wasn't so surprising for the first week, but what followed was: The second attempt, NOBODY fell down. Never since that week have I seen 25 people survive the fight. So basically, I was in both my worst and my best LFR at the same time.

Back towards the middle of DS, I was in a troll group where there was like 14-15 from the same guild, they were saying that on Yor'sahj all DPS needed to split and the four adds needed to die at the exact same time. And well, the whole group listened. There were too many of them for us to kick them out of the group, but the group wiped like 5 times before I finally left. It was just disappointing to see the entire group fall for it, multiple times.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama