Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Had a group on the 2nd half of MSV... hadn't even pulled Spirit Kings, one of the 4 mages in the party does the Ancient Dalaran Portal-on-the Banquet thing, and then starts calling out for the people that accidentally clicked the portal, and the other mages, to get kicked.

By the time all was said and done and we found the culprit mage, we'd lost 1/3 of the raid, including two healers, and we still hadn't even done a single boss pull. This took 15min.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Had a group on the 2nd half of MSV... hadn't even pulled Spirit Kings, one of the 4 mages in the party does the Ancient Dalaran Portal-on-the Banquet thing, and then starts calling out for the people that accidentally clicked the portal, and the other mages, to get kicked.

By the time all was said and done and we found the culprit mage, we'd lost 1/3 of the raid, including two healers, and we still hadn't even done a single boss pull. This took 15min.
    This is actually brilliant.

But OT, I'm a bit of a LFR hero so the number of bad LFR experiences I've had are almost infinite. In fact, there was a point back at the end of DS where a group of friends would queue for the first half of the LFR and continuously pull all of the trash on the outskirts of Morchok then create ridiculous reasons to votekick people who weren't at fault just to amuse ourselves. Yes, this makes us tremendous assholes and qualifies as griefing (none of us were ever banned for it, despite multiple "screenshots" being delivered to people's "GM friends"), but ... it's the LFR. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    Any LFR (US, not EU) where players from the realms Azralon, Nemesis, Tol Barad, Goldrinn, Gallywix, Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas, and Drakkari out number the others. Azralon is the worst, beware.

You will be in for a very slow and painful LFR experience.
    Seeing a familiar name here, only EU version of the problem, Nemesis EU is officially an Italian server, I mean, it is not like the majority of players there are from Italy, but it is Italian only. So people who play there use Italian client etc. And absolute majority can't speak English. When the rest of the group are English speakers, believe me, it is a problem. Tank communication especially.
    I don't have anything against their skill level, however the language barrier is often a major problem. In lfd as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    Everyone who hasn´t heard or read about Elegon falls into the hole once.
    Never done it meself, but I concur somewhat. Elegon must be experienced to understand apparently.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but on Tuesday this week I joined a group that was 13/25 people from the same guild, all with HC raid gear who decided that they were going to make people have a bad time.

They queued the 2 tank spots and 6 healer spots with soft dps, and just kept pulling as much trash as possible to make the instance impossible.

Reported all 13 of them and left, hoping they get 3 day bans minimum. I joined in progress and apparently it had been going on for a while. They just kept spamming "Die casual scum" in /y
    Wow, I'm speechless. That's really REALLY harsh. Might be the worst thing I've heard of recently.

Deleted
    My worst LFR was in DS when i had the horrible rng to get grouped with ~5 players from the guild Envy. Their general attitude was anyone doing LFR is a scrub and should suicide irl. It was some hc geared mages and their friends on alts, they were taunting things to DR, spam sheeped kill everything they could, they ninja pulled everything, they ninjad all gear they could only to disenchant right away and everything in raid chat was either bashing people, linking recount or of the "LO=LOLOLOLOLOOL" sort. I know players from top guilds can be arrogant dicks, but envy are apparently 15 year old arrogant dicks.

Deleted
    Good advice: do LFR on reset day only, you'll get main characters who are usually better geared= better group.
    for some reason, the day after everyone sucks, doing no more than 50k dps.

MSV lfr, tank with greens, knew he wouldn't stand a chance, decided to give it a go though
    Spirit Kings f*ck up, Heroic Leaping to the boss, one-shotted by the stack-up ability
    immidiate kick.

my 1st elegon lfr run, DBM warning 'move away'
    with a decent mind I thought 'oh, ok lets move away'
    credits to the guys who spammed raid chat and told everyone to move out.
    unfortunately 15 ppl were complete tards.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2013-01-26 at 09:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Good advice: do LFR on reset day only, you'll get main characters who are usually better geared= better group.
    for some reason, the day after everyone sucks, doing no more than 50k dps.
    Yeah LFR on reset day is actually the only day where 0 people fail on the Elegon floor.

A group where 5 consecutive tanks tried soaking Spirit kings splash damage alone... over 50 mins wasted on a piece of cake boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    A group where 5 consecutive tanks tried soaking Spirit kings splash damage alone... over 50 mins wasted on a piece of cake boss.
    Sounds like every MSV LFR group to me
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Had an LFR that hit the enrage timer on Lei Shi once
    2. Had 75-80% of the group wipe to elegon's floor drop.
    3. Had 7 (I think) melee dps die on Madness running off the ledge to kill the tentacle.

17 minute Tsulong wipe. That lasted way, way tsulong. That group also hit the enrage on Lei Shi. Twice. I don't know why I didn't leave group. I think I hated myself that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried running Dragon Soul - Fall of Deathwing LFR the day after MoP came out. Over two hours, countless pulls, and a dozen tanks later, we were still on Ultraxion, because not a single tank could understand Fading Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    First week of LFR, Elegon.

I was explaining tactics, warning everyone about the floor disapearing.

2-3 Raidwarnings of floor is about to despawn, get to the side.

23 people died.
    Same but 24 people died.

Lol raxxed @ yours. i feel like my first garalon was funny.
    DBM: Combat agaisnt RF Garalon (71%) ended after 22 minutes 34 seconds

That was because 6 healers. (who happened to be from the same guild on the same server)
    and me were the only one surviving because everyone died to purple circle
    We decided just to troll the group and keep fighting.
    hehe
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Wiping on Morchok AND Yor'Sahj to enrage, with me being on my main and doing like 35% (don't remember the number, but it was a lot...) of the total raid dps
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    my 1st elegon lfr run, DBM warning 'move away'
    with a decent mind I thought 'oh, ok lets move away'
    credits to the guys who spammed raid chat and told everyone to move out.
    unfortunately 15 ppl were complete tards.
    I love to save people there with leap of faith. I remember one fellow who was like omg you saved my life (could've been joking of course but it didn't sound over the top). One other time I remember I leaped one fellow out and I saved him. But then the next time the ground fell, I saved someone else, and the fellow I saved first time fell down. The proper response to this stuff is not to get angry. Its to laugh your ass off. I also one time pulled someone in with leap, so we'd fell down romantically together. Unfortunately he wasn't James Bond or Luke Skywalker.

The best advice regarding LFR is to quickly farm normal (and progress in HC) so you don't need to play with these sorry ducks. Otherwise, wednesday is a good choice. Also, the average quality of LFR will only go down further every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than complain about mistakes that aren't a huge deal, I'd rather be upset about intentional idiocy.

I was in an LFR group, in Heart of Fear. Someone won a lockbox by rolling need. (He wasn't the only one who did.)
    One of the raid members decided to call out the winner, and demand he be kicked because he rolled need. Throughout the run, this person did nothing but complain about the guy who won a lockbox by rolling need. He whined incessantly, did stupid things to try to wipe the group (so that we'd give in to his demands that he be kicked), and eventually he got 5 people to vote to kick. As most of you know, the people in LFR are mostly sheep, and will click "yes" to any kick request.

So the guy who won the lockbox was kicked before the last boss.

Throughout his stay with the group, he didn't die. He did what he was supposed to do. He even interrupted casts. He was in every way an asset to the group.
    Taking a look at the meters, he was one of the top DPS in most fights.

His 'nemesis' though...

Dead on every boss fight, pulled less than 20k DPS, and was just a general nuissance.

As I mentioned, the guy who was kicked was not the only one who rolled need on the lockbox - and it is a common occurrence to roll need on things like this, so you don't lose a chance at it by rolling greed, when others roll need.

I'm forgiving of people making mistakes -- like dying to mechanics, using the wrong abilities, and even being just bad at their class.
    But this was nothing but stupid malice, and it was intentional.

I hate players like that.

Atrea: I've seen that kind of person themselves get kicked from LFR groups, to general jubilation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    First 3 bosses of MSV

2 Shammies in Group and 6 Mages.

Not one of them used Heroism/Timewarp!
    This is my worst problem in LFR, even since they applied the thing that makes exhaustion disappear on the start of each boss fight, people now are even less popping hero.

Erm, Ive wiped twice on Gara because its people first time and they dont run back to the stairs, as in half the raid group in, half out

And Ive had troll CC's that prolong starting the boss fight with the adds where you need to CC 4 of them, someone always cc's a 5th,

But Ive never had a wipe in a LFR due to people failing, or lack of DPS, some fights are slow and hit 10 mins but meh its LFR and if I wasn't in lfr I'd still be on wow so its time wasted either way

off topic:
    8 wisdoms and 5 powers with only 2 weeks on full LFRs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Atrea: I've seen that kind of person themselves get kicked from LFR groups, to general jubilation.
    Yeah. Unfortunately it didn't happen that time. I was disgusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but on Tuesday this week I joined a group that was 13/25 people from the same guild, all with HC raid gear who decided that they were going to make people have a bad time.

They queued the 2 tank spots and 6 healer spots with soft dps, and just kept pulling as much trash as possible to make the instance impossible.
    wow..... that's bad, really bad..... But it matches my impressions and observations over the month of LFR now.
    I have 4 categories of players in LFR..
    The total newbies. I refuse to call them noobs, since they just don't know better yet. Those don't cause any harm. They die rather quick, and if it's only a few, that's not a problem. The encounter still gets done. The faster they die, the less harm they can cause. They can only wipe you, if you have bad luck and like half the raid is made of that player type.

The normal mindset/skill level people. Those are the absolute majority. They try their best, they do their job. They politely work together. And they get it done.

The Elitist Wannabe's. That group is actually larger than the newbies. They come across as total assholes. Talking down everything, and act accordingly. They more than often disregard mechanics as simple as trash pulls... Because it's LFR, it's a joke anyway... Well, pulling an entire room of trash mobs is only trivial once everyone's ready to go. It's not trivial, it's idiotic when half the raid isn't even present just yet. And it turns a heroic wannabe into an incredible noob, when they can't fulfill the absolute basic - looking at the raid roster - and pull a boss with only 2 healers present, or the second tank on the spirit kings is missing..
    I've experienced those things a lot more, than new players messing up an encounter.

And the last group. The total douches... Queue as Healer just to get in faster, without any healing gear equipped whatsoever. It doesn't work, jerks.
    You cannot heal in ret gear.. The meters show that.. If you want Ret gear, then queue as dps. Just to use one class now as example. The runs go smoother, and you will get to the offspec gear eventually if you don't try to short cut. The awareness is a lot higher nowadays, and who doesn't carry their weight because of false gear/role selection gets kicked off anyway.

All 4 groups can cause a wipe.. But the last two causing them the most.