Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalizm View Post
    we wont probably reach 600 (which would be, if we'd double the amount ~50%), think we will end up at 580~ maybe 58x ilvl for the last tier (i dont expect a fourth tier of content, so..). still seems quite comparable to the other addons 25-45% should be the range, am I wrong or do you all just want to see something "wrong" when there isnt? You also have to keep in mind, that the ratings per percent values dropped a lot. Plain "woa +1000 rating" arent comparable to the numbers back then.
    that the numbers have to be fixed in order to avoid 3478327847392847893 damage per spell is out of question, the itemlevel inflation is a problem which never really existed. every addon out of every corner they came and said "woa look at those items, this addon is broken, too much inflation"

fixed that already, you quoted the fixed one, so my fault obviously
    My ilvl bet for t15-t16 (yes half of t15 is known)

T15

NR : 522
    N+ : 528
    HC : 535
    H+ : 541
    SP : 548 (Ra'den)

T16 :

NR : 547/549
    N+ : 553/555
    HC : 560/562
    H+ : 566/568 (Some future elite/heroic only possible boss!)
    SP : 571/573

So we'll probably not end up even close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    This is a huge problem in my opinion. It's not just that the numbers are too big to fit into 32-bit signed int (the engine uses 0 HP for dead and -1 for Ghost, so I know it's signed); there is a more important reason.

The numbers now are getting so large that it is becoming difficult to identify what attacks are hitting you and for how much. Telling the difference between 3 and 4 digits is much easier than telling the difference between 5 and 6 digits. The numbers have to lose precision due to writing things like kilos.

I've decided to make an addon that divides all numbers displayed on screen that have anything to do with mana, health, damage, and healing by 30. I can change this number any time I like.

Takes care of the problem handily.

In my opinion they need to do a great item squish before the numbers become literally unreadable. Either that, or they have to add an option that allows you to divide displayed numbers by something you specify, like my addon does.

EDIT: This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/3poJ3Ug.jpg
    What addon is that?

OT: To be honest I really hope they do the item squish in the next expansion because it's already getting a bit much (in my opinion!) because we have tanks that are hitting nearly 1 million health with cooldowns and at this rate if item level inflation we will see healers and DPS close to that as well at the end of the expansion and for me at that point it just seems ridiculous.

I would prefer it they just squish it all down to bring it into line and control it to keep it simple and clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    or they can add more targets or mobs that have mechanics which mean you can't ignore them, so less dps goes on the boss.

why is 2.14billion the cap? i assumed they fixed or edited all that stuff when they changed the gold cap.
    It's the max value for a 32 bit integer in computing. 2147483647.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    notice how (as far as I can remember) the goldcap was 214k and something gold in tbc(214.748 gold, 36 silver, 47 copper would fit perfect). Since then, it has been raised by a huge amount , so I don't see why health wouldnt get higher. It's also only a relative amount, Zimbab dollars are 3.5 trillion dollars worth there, but about 30 eurocents there.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah. You have to account for negative numbers too. It doesn't have much use for something like boss health of course, but there's many applications for them.
    What is meant, is that an unsigned number cannot go into the negatives.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:49 PM ----------

If it's unsigned, the max is 4,294,967,295.
    And there are other data types that go even higher anyway.

Mobs' HP are measured in floating point numbers for quite a time now. Which, in this case, raises cap to hundreds of undecillions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    What addon is that?
    I'm asking that as well. That looks awesome!

Deleted
    Wrong, the vast majority of players are using 32bit systems, not 64.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I've got a GTX 570 OC, i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz, a lot of RAM and WOW + OS on a SSD. Major addons I'm using are DBM, Recount and ELV UI. In a 25 man raid I get 100+ fps when idling, but midfight in AoE/bloodlust phases I drop down to 40 fps. If nothing cheeky is happening my midfight fps in 25man raid is ~60. Are you sure we can handle more cycles without losing too much performance without serious serialization?
    I'm pretty sure that animating 25 people (And a boss) throwing garishly-coloured stuff around all over the shop takes up more CPU-power than doing the numbers behind all the flashy special effects, remember that the difference between idling and fighting in a 25-man raid amounts to a whole lot of fireworks that all has to be rendered...
    Last edited by mysticx; 2013-01-27 at 06:37 PM.

I will personally be surprised if they don't do the item/health squish next expansion. Seems like it's almost a certainty at this point, given that they were seemingly tempted to do it in MoP, but backed out because they felt it'd be "too much change" all at once. I'm paraphrasing here, but I'm pretty sure I read that in a blue post somewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I'm pretty sure that animating 25 people (And a boss) throwing garishly-coloured stuff around all over the shop takes up more CPU-power than doing the numbers behind all the flashy special effects, remember that the difference between idling and fighting in a 25-man raid amounts to a whole lot of fireworks that all has to be rendered...
    And that's still assuming the CPU is the bottleneck. I've also yet to see a person for which the numbers are a real, actual problem.

Bosses wont have more health but be decked out in uber elite PVP gear so you will only be able to hit them for a third as many points.

GC mentioned an item level squash in an upcoming expansion, just not for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    or they can add more targets or mobs that have mechanics which mean you can't ignore them, so less dps goes on the boss.

why is 2.14billion the cap? i assumed they fixed or edited all that stuff when they changed the gold cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    They might do what they did with H Sha of Fear / H Ragnaros. Once the boss reaches X% health it come back at Y% health with new abilities.
    That sounds absolutely dreadful that they have to design encounters due to hitpoint cap.

Im a fan of a boss going from 100% to 0% and dead, not the crap we've seen over the last few years where they die at 10%, respawn, etc.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

my questions is why this is really of any concern, i mean, we get stronger.. kind of how the game should be imo.

Numbers conveying a sense of meaning is relative to the user.

I'd much rather be doing 100k dps than 1k dps. It means more to me personally.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2013-01-27 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    That sounds absolutely dreadful that they have to design encounters due to hitpoint cap.

Im a fan of a boss going from 100% to 0% and dead, not the crap we've seen over the last few years where they die at 10%, respawn, etc.
    By far the majority goes 100%->0%. On the other hand, this "crap", as you call it, started with the second boss of the second raid ever in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Numbers conveying a sense of meaning is relative to the user.

I'd much rather be doing 100k dps than 1k dps. It means more to me personally.
    But only because you sense of relativity has been lost, the definition of large or small dps is only what the player determines it to be.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem was wotlk/cata, everything should be linear.
    92(vanilla), 92*2 (tbc), 92*3 (wotlk), 92*3.5 (cata,only 5 levels), 92*4 (mop,only 5 levels).

-> 368 should be the maximum highest ilevel of the last raid in mists of pandaria.
    As for stat weights goes If we decide that roughly 40-45 is the highest prim stat/ stam on a 92 item then no 368 item should have more than 160-180 prim stat/ stamina.
    Legendary or not it should be consistent.

Deleted
    Well isnt need bosses to have billion HP just more adds