Grand Empress She'zeer heroic, melee focused by adds=onehit

Hey guys,

last night we farmed mogu&hof heroic and our DPS warrior got one hitted several times by the focusing adds in the add Phase of Grand Empress Shek'zeer heroic 10 (we already killed that Boss without this happened once). In the add Phase (the Phase where u build the traps) our DPS warrior is on the small adds, that are focussing some Players random. Last night everytime he got focused he was instant onehit.

Can someone tell me, how he can dodge this onehit?

this happens to me as well. really there's maybe a second or two to react. He could try to save heroic leap for it.
    I'm a dk so I just chill a couple yards away and spam HB until one fixates then I go in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehlani View Post
    Hey guys,

last night we farmed mogu&hof heroic and our DPS warrior got one hitted several times by the focusing adds in the add Phase of Grand Empress Shek'zeer heroic 10 (we already killed that Boss without this happened once). In the add Phase (the Phase where u build the traps) our DPS warrior is on the small adds, that are focussing some Players random. Last night everytime he got focused he was instant onehit.

Can someone tell me, how he can dodge this onehit?
    he can try to run out right before they cast it? the focus is on a timer, I believe, or it has a cast time, even.

I'm not sure if there is a timer, last night he cried, that he wouldn't have a timer. I didn't check it yet, must do after work unless someone knows it.

It would be actually shitty to let him wait out, because we kill 3 adds instant to keep the tank alive and kill the other 3 adds when we got enough resins for both traps.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:56 AM ----------

Well, I guess we gonna try to let him stay out till one add focuses every time, that's save. If someone has a better idea im pleased to hear it
    Last edited by Lehlani; 2013-01-24 at 08:54 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming he is at decent health, it definitely should not be a one hit. You get about a second after it fixates to react, if you get melee'd though, you better have something ready for a sonic slash.

A warlock is an easy solution, eating a healthstone instantly if you get hit, but failing that warriors can easily survive but just hitting Die By the Sword.

If you have a warlock, putting down a gateway just outside melee can help a lot too, he can be way out of range before it hits him every time, saves time coming back in too. A warrior shouldn't have any problems though, Die by the Sword and heroic leap are all that should be required.

Deleted
    you can split the adds. have one tank take 2 reavers and 1 windblade and the other tank takes 5 windblades. the warrior could then dps the single windblade.

DPS warriors should never really die to fixate....

You have a second or two to react when you get fixated. If the add fixating the warrior is in melee range (I raid 25 and we split the groups on different sides of the room, so sometimes you get fixated from far away and there is no immediate threat) then he needs to use Die by the Sword (DBTS) to parry melee hits and sonic blades. It's a 2 minute cooldown and should be up at the start of every add phase unless it was used for the 20% damage reduction on a field explosion or something, but it should really be saved to use on fixates or tank deaths to avoid dying to aggro.

I suggest saving heroic leap during the add phase to get out of harms way if you get fixated and DBTS is down or if you want to keep dpsing with DBTS up and leap out just before it expires. Even though it's good extra damage off the GCD, it's safer to save it on this encounter IMO.

If the warrior happens to get fixated AGAIN after already using DBTS and leap, then I would suggest immediately shield walling and running away as fast as possible.

Remember that you have to keep kiting from a long distance as the windblade's sonic blade has a long range and hits very hard, sometimes it can one shot you.

to work around this problem we always had our melee stand with the ranged group until the first fixate and from there dps down the add thats currently being kited by someone