Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2 friends coming back to wow, but is it still fun?

ok, so here's the curious question in my mind while I'm suffering from insomnia:

Back in lich king and in the beginning of cata my friend and I were in a nice active guild that always had at least 20+ people online, more when its raiding time. We quit around the middle of cata due to school and life and now he's getting his computer in about a month and we're planning on resubbing to wow, but I entered a MoP trial to see how the game is, and it's interesting, but my guild is dead now. Less then 5 people are on at any given time and they're all either new blood or new alts of people I know. I'm too afraid to leave the guild because I've been in that guild for years and all 10 of my toons are still in it even though the guild does regular inactive kicking, which shows how much they know me. So for those that stuck around reading this, my question is:

Is there enough content in the game now to not need to worry about having an active guild?

it will probably be fun for awhile and then once you get your gear and realize the next tier just reset everything and that you never actually needed your old raid gear because the new heroics will have everything for you will make you quit

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, you may have a point there. But that's not really something I'd quit the game about.

if you still had fun in cata then you will probably still have fun now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    it will probably be fun for awhile and then once you get your gear and realize the next tier just reset everything and that you never actually needed your old raid gear because the new heroics will have everything for you will make you quit
    except we are not getting new heroics to make our raid gear obsolete.

friends make the game interesting for me. at times there feels like a lot to do, ive gotten a bunch done since MoP first came out. it is slacking off a lil bit for me now. i have more free time in game to work on alts or just hang out with friends. and 5.2 looks like its bringing more stuff for me to do. im having an absolute blast with this xpac. and i love that my hard earned raid gear isnt turned into a joke with crummy heroics giving equal gear.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-01-24 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Well, i really enjoy it and i _hated_ cata so go for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure hope so, I've been seeing a lot of people rage about how annoying the daily-fest is or how annoying it is to rep farm and other QQ's, but maybe they're all hardcore farmers, I've been mainly casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holypowah View Post
    Sure hope so, I've been seeing a lot of people rage about how annoying the daily-fest is or how annoying it is to rep farm and other QQ's, but maybe they're all hardcore farmers, I've been mainly casual.
    dont try to do every single thing at once. pick a few and work on them.. then do a few more. the people that rage are the ones that cant control themselves. they want it all *right now*.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Apparently, the new fad on the internets is to bash wow for no apparent reason. A lot of haters bash the game because they want to see it fail or to praise some other game. In my honest opinion the current state of WoW is the best it's ever been. MoP is loads of fun, and there are a plethora of things to do. The daily quests are actually not that bad unless you are one of those people that feel the need to do them every single day as if it were a job. Plus, the 5.1 daily quests were extremely entertaining. I have yet to run out of things to do in this expansion, and it has been out for several months. I love that there is a variety of things to do.

ok, so here's the curious question in my mind while I'm suffering from insomnia:

Back in lich king and in the beginning of cata my friend and I were in a nice active guild that always had at least 20+ people online, more when its raiding time. We quit around the middle of cata due to school and life and now he's getting his computer in about a month and we're planning on resubbing to wow, but I entered a MoP trial to see how the game is, and it's interesting, but my guild is dead now. Less then 5 people are on at any given time and they're all either new blood or new alts of people I know. I'm too afraid to leave the guild because I've been in that guild for years and all 10 of my toons are still in it even though the guild does regular inactive kicking, which shows how much they know me. So for those that stuck around reading this, my question is:

Is there enough content in the game now to not need to worry about having an active guild?
    You should judge for yourself, you cant really tell if its fun or not FOR YOU off other's opinions.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably go nuts with my OCD "planning mode" where I look online and plan out what rep to go nuts over for plate gear.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You should judge for yourself, you cant really tell if its fun or not FOR YOU off other's opinions.
    Ya, I probably will, but the main thing I'm curious about is that how much content there is that they released so far. I've dabbled in the battle pets and think that's awesome since I'm a pokémon fanatic, but I'm not sure how I can enjoy that with a friend besides dueling each other.
    Last edited by Holypowah; 2013-01-24 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably go nuts with my OCD "planning mode" where I look online and plan out what rep to go nuts over for plate gear.
    just some advice.. but dont try to do rep grinds for gear. its not worth it. there are other.. more convenient ways of doing that.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started to play against on 12th of Jan since Wotlk's last season/tier, so far im enjoying it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just some advice.. but dont try to do rep grinds for gear. its not worth it. there are other.. more convenient ways of doing that.
    is there anything else that benefits getting rep besides gear and those weird novelty items like fireworks or something that i saw from the shado'pan vendor?

Ya, I probably will, but the main thing I'm curious about is that how much content there is that they released so far. I've dabbled in the battle pets and think that's awesome since I'm a pokémon fanatic, but I'm not sure how I can enjoy that with a friend besides dueling each other.
    Well pet battles, 16 raid bosses so far, 5.2 coming with another big raid soonish. Dailies galore if you're into that kinda thing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:42 AM ----------

is there anything else that benefits getting rep besides gear and those weird novelty items like fireworks or something that i saw from the shado'pan vendor?
    Besides gear, its just mounts and vanity items really.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    If you like doing daily quests together, there's no better game out there!

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, then I guess I won't really need rep then, and I haven't tried the dailys yet since I was mainly seeing the sights on my MoP trial thing. But how's the brawlers guild thing? Is that something 2 friends can do? I heard it was like a horde mode style fight till you drop kinda thing.

hmm, then I guess I won't really need rep then, and I haven't tried the dailys yet since I was mainly seeing the sights on my MoP trial thing. But how's the brawlers guild thing? Is that something 2 friends can do? I heard it was like a horde mode style fight till you drop kinda thing.
    Its really fun, first few ranks are a small challenge, once you get to rank 6 then its all epic battles. BG is another thing that I love doing.

No, it's complete shit. If you did not enjoy WoW for some reason in the past, don't bother to try. All shit promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    pet battles feel more like something you do solo, when your friend cant be on. its a great way to waste some time waiting for them to get online. but unless you both wanna run around tied at the hip hunting the same battle pets.. its not really meant for party use.