Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Engineering idea New Jeeves

why cant blizzard give engineer's something useful in mop like a new Jeeves but for reforging

(this might have already been said and if it has sorry for that)

Deleted
    Glider, Blingtron, 2 mounts, Thermo-anvil, probably more I'm missing, aren't useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    Glider, Blingtron, 2 mounts, Thermo-anvil, probably more I'm missing, aren't useful?
    Bar the Thermo Anvil which can be usefull at times. what is usefull about the Blingtron?
    2 mount so what JC got 5 mounts most people have around 100 mounts already 2 Eng mounts dose not make them usfull its not like they are 2 seater mounts they are just another cosmetic thing

Infact its more like 1 mount as you can only learn one of them as one is goblin and one is gnome eng

You could have added Wormhole Generator Pandaria its useless compared to the wrath version you might as well take a mage portal or the portal in SW or even just a have HS set to Shrin which then sets you up for anywhere you need to go.

Deleted
    I would not change my engineering for anything. I find it very useful and in fact, it's one of the (only) professions I'd consider on multiple characters. Nothing beats having access to bank & repair and mailbox anywhere. They are so not tied to a certain expansion...

Mounts are always welcome, glider is awesome, thermo anvil is useful, blingtron disappoints me every time... So overall yes, I think engineering is quite useful.

I'd looooooove jeeves (or his relative) to be able to reforge though, that is a welcome idea!

Dont get me wrong im not knocking engineering i really enjoying having it as one of my professions and would not change it and the glider is a lot of fun i just think its missing somthing

Deleted
    thermal anvil has come in so handy. i didnt think it would, but i seem to use them quite a bit. a portable reforger would be really cool though.

a wormhole bot to be able to summon players into the raid (just like lock coffin).. that'd be more useful than portable reforger IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    There's already a mobile reforger in game, costs you 108.000g.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    a wormhole bot to be able to summon players into the raid (just like lock coffin).. that'd be more useful than portable reforger IMHO
    Would be an idea, if Engineering would be a class and not a prof.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they need to stay updated with the cogwheels imo like allow us ot use only 1 in our gear some where gowheels are enig jc gems but get scraped within first teir in a few months into the game :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Why it has to be a class skill? Engineers already bring portable repairs for everyone, portable mailboxes for everyone, bank acces for other engineers, they have an item that ressurects, why can't they get a (prolly long CD) one that can be used to summon people? 10 man raids would love it, 25 mans would prolly piss on that anyway because they tend to have locks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I like the sound of that with mass summon out the window it would come in very handy specially with no flying in the new zone and if you dont have a lock and you need to get someone into the raid its a long run back

One more pet and one 2-seat mount was announced in 5.2, is that enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you knocking the usefulness of your glider? Probably one of the most awesome things I've seen engineers have in a long time. Of course, your definition of "useful" as well as mine are highly subjective at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    they need to stay updated with the cogwheels imo like allow us ot use only 1 in our gear some where gowheels are enig jc gems but get scraped within first teir in a few months into the game :<
    The Engineering equivalent to the JC gems, is the Synapse Springs. The goggles and cogwheels are similar to the Alchemy trinket, they are just meant as a starter item.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Are you knocking the usefulness of your glider? Probably one of the most awesome things I've seen engineers have in a long time. Of course, your definition of "useful" as well as mine are highly subjective at this point.
    elegon wipes glider = lul stairs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Blingtron shouldve been a reforge and a repair bot IMHO

They should come up with a Jeeves but with a repair discount.... And either link the rep to the guild

There's already a mobile reforger in game, costs you 108.000g.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 02:49 PM ----------

You can buy a repair mount its called Traveler's Tundra Mammoth whats your point? in wrath you had a repair mount and still we had Jeeves

Why dose it need to be a class? Engineers already make portals like mages do and thats as much of a class ability as summoning is to warlocks. At the end of the day its a utility and thats what engineers do. lots of buffs and ability's are covered in game by different class's or pets so you don't have to bring a certain class a engineer item to make it possible to summon people inside the raid etc like warlocks can would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    One more pet and one 2-seat mount was announced in 5.2, is that enough?
    A new pet is not useful its nice and its cosmetic and pet collectors will love it but from a engineers point of view its not useful on the other hand the 2 seater mount is useful you can give people lifts to somewhere you are all going when they need to go afk or like what ive found mine most useful for at the min giving newly dinged lvl 90 guild members a lift from were they ding to the shrine so they can get there pandaria flying lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Nooo its awsome ive had a lot of fun messing around with it. BuT in terms of eg saving you from falling to your death etc the parachute did that already but i much prefer the Glider. Its would have been like giving us another jeeves that just looked different but still just repaired are gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Blingtron shouldve been a reforge and a repair bot IMHO
    Combooticus has hit the nail on the head Blingtron should have been the reforge bot instead its a complete waste of space.

Xandrilia said it
    Quote Originally Posted by xandrilia View Post

Mounts are always welcome, glider is awesome, thermo anvil is useful, blingtron disappoints me every time... !

Quote Originally Posted by xandrilia View Post
    I would not change my engineering for anything. I find it very useful and in fact, it's one of the (only) professions I'd consider on multiple characters. Nothing beats having access to bank & repair and mailbox anywhere. They are so not tied to a certain expansion...

Mounts are always welcome, glider is awesome, thermo anvil is useful, blingtron disappoints me every time... So overall yes, I think engineering is quite useful.

I'd looooooove jeeves (or his relative) to be able to reforge though, that is a welcome idea!
    Especially with those cogwheels now, which sell for a pretty penny on my realm at least. Engineering is great .

I think Engineering is one of the FEW..(i guess other than inscription) that allows a max lvl toon to still use older enchants...and it still be incredibly useful. So I',m ok with all of it =)