10+ Year Old Account

How do i put mods in minecraft for windows 8?

I have had minecraft for a long time and i use to play it when i was bored. But now i have looked at some of the cool mods for it and i never really figured out how to put them in and make them work. I looked at videos and they were not good at explaining. When i watch one of the videos they either dont explain well, advertise one of their mods, and they all where on windows 7. I have figured out texture packs but not mods. Can some one help me on how to install mods properly and make them work? Preferably for windows 8? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    I have had minecraft for a long time and i use to play it when i was bored. But now i have looked at some of the cool mods for it and i never really figured out how to put them in and make them work. I looked at videos and they were not good at explaining. When i watch one of the videos they either dont explain well, advertise one of their mods, and they all where on windows 7. I have figured out texture packs but not mods. Can some one help me on how to install mods properly and make them work? Preferably for windows 8? Thanks.
    The process of installing mods in Windows 8 is really no different than in Windows 7. Check out this thread HERE that Fuzzzie has put together explaining how to do this.

I just use this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-options-news/ "magic launcher" where you just download the mods, click "add" to put them in your mods list, and it says whether the mod is compatible and working. It also replaces the standard launcher for minecraft. Never leave home without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.