Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The fact that you fail at reading proves you have no clue what you are talking about.
    I think you need to take your own advice on reading, if you actually took the time to read my post which you replied to i stated that to think ret is bad is silly.

Now bad means bad, meaning you arent getting anywhere even if you try your little heart out. Ret isnt BAD, you can get 2200 with it AND you can "own" in bgs SOLO, i never said bgs are taken seriously did i? I said they are pvp, are they not?

take your own advice buddy, and dont be so quick to shoot when you have no ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    Paladins are 1 of the 2 most represented class in Arenas
    Monks and rogues where the 2 least represented...

stop comparing classes to specs...
    In any case Rets arent as bad as you describe... They are not warriors (GG) but they aren't as bad as you describe...
    this
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2013-01-30 at 07:31 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    I think you need to take your own advice on reading, if you actually took the time to read my post which you replied to i stated that to think ret is bad is silly.

Now bad means bad, meaning you arent getting anywhere even if you try your little heart out. Ret isnt BAD, you can get 2200 with it AND you can "own" in bgs SOLO, i never said bgs are taken seriously did i? I said they are pvp, are they not?

take your own advice buddy, and dont be so quick to shoot when you have no ammunition
    No you obviously can't read because at no point did I say a pocket healer was required(or that I needed one). Do you know what "or" means? In random bgs, you come across people you outgear, teams full of bots, etc. Any class could get queued into a game where the circumstances favor them or queue with friends and end up being a "bg hero". There is no class that is the absolute "bg hero". And using that phrase as reasoning for why ret is "good" makes you look silly.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-30 at 07:41 PM.

Erm...any class and spec can get 2200 if they are played by a skilled player and/or carried by other skilled players. That comment is practically pointless.

You then go on say that they are 'good', 'own' in random battlegrounds? Doesn't really qualify as competitive pvp does it? If blizzard used that mindset I'd hate to think what pvp would be like now...probably not too far of how bad it is now but w.e.

Wotlk and the big changes that came early on in cata gave me a bit of hope for ret in competitive pvp. That died after seeing how RBGs turned out and how much of a joke pvp is in MoP now. At the end of the day blizzard's mindset for ret hasn't changed much since vanilla....its always going to be bad in competitive pvp, they don't know how to fix it or imho they cant be bothered to even try - in wotlk they tried experimenting with buffs (by this I mean new spells, not +healing, +damage) on the ptr, you don't even get that now. If you don't want to reroll holy or another class you are better off just quitting the game, ret is never going to be 'competitive' and the state of pvp atm just isnt worth the sub.
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2013-01-30 at 07:49 PM.

No you obviously can't read because at no point did I say a pocket healer was required(or that I needed one). Do you know what "or" means? In random bgs, you come across people you outgear, teams full of bots, etc. Any class could get queued into a game where the circumstances favor them or queue with friends and end up being a "bg hero". There is no class that is the absolute "bg hero". And using that phrase as reasoning for why ret is "good" makes you look silly.
    did you not?
    Run with a few friends or just a pocket healer, or get queued against a team you outgear extremely.
    You type alot, but say very little. Im starting to think you just like to talk.. What is this bit with the "or"? You didnt even address my statement of ret being 2200 viable, all you do is cling to the bg hero comment and for a man who is so above bgs and does not take them seriously, you sure love to talk and argue about them! Its just this trend with the 1500 rets, who tune into vanguards see him say that ret isnt the best and then they take it and say ITS AWFUL.

Anyway, to close this up and keep you from replying with your rather spam-like comments, this isnt about whether or not ret is a bg hero, its about if ret is "bad", it isnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you not?

You type alot, but say very little. Im starting to think you just like to talk.. What is this bit with the "or"? You didnt even address my statement of ret being 2200 viable, all you do is cling to the bg hero comment and for a man who is so above bgs and does not take them seriously, you sure love to talk and argue about them! Its just this trend with the 1500 rets, who tune into vanguards see him say that ret isnt the best and then they take it and say ITS AWFUL.

Anyway, to close this up and keep you from replying with your rather spam-like comments, this isnt about whether or not ret is a bg hero, its about if ret is "bad", it isnt.
    Nope that phrase did not say, "You need to run with a pocket healer to do well in random bgs". Thanks for playing.

And the original post at no time said, "Ret was 2200 viable". Your original post basically said, "Rets own in random bgs and you can get high ratings!"
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-30 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Erm...any class and spec can get 2200 if they are played by a skilled player and/or carried by other skilled players. That comment is practically pointless.

You then go on say that they are 'good', 'own' in random battlegrounds? Doesn't really qualify as competitive pvp does it? If blizzard used that mindset I'd hate to think what pvp would be like now...probably not too far of how bad it is now but w.e.

Wotlk and the big changes that came early on in cata gave me a bit of hope for ret in competitive pvp. That died after seeing how RBGs turned out and how much of a joke pvp is in MoP now. At the end of the day blizzard's mindset for ret hasn't changed much since vanilla....its always going to be bad in competitive pvp, they don't know how to fix it or imho they cant be bothered to even try - in wotlk they tried experimenting with buffs (by this I mean new spells, not +healing, +damage) on the ptr, you don't even get that now. If you don't want to reroll holy or another class you are better off just quitting the game, ret is never going to be 'competitive' and the state of pvp atm just isnt worth the sub.
    Never is a pretty big word

You say any class can get 2200 if youre skilled, im sorry but then no class is "bad", maybe we just need to determine what eachothers thoughts of "bad" is because ret isnt bad! it just isnt! it may be underpowered to a warrior, but the spec just isnt BAD!

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 11:59 AM ----------

Nope that phrase did not say, "You need to run with a pocket healer to do well in random bgs". Thanks for playing.

And the original post at no time said, "Ret was 2200 viable". Your original post basically said, "Rets own in random bgs and you can get high ratings!"
    Haha my point proven!

and okay my apologies my first post was not detailed enough for you, i guess i was under the assumption that everyone kind of knew it was 2200 viable. Which it is! and ret ALSO owns in bgs!
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2013-01-30 at 08:00 PM.

Never is a pretty big word

You say any class can get 2200 if youre skilled, im sorry but then no class is "bad", maybe we just need to determine what eachothers thoughts of "bad" is because ret isnt bad! it just isnt! it may be underpowered to a warrior, but the spec just isnt BAD!
    Sure, im talking about viable in tournaments and rank 1 - there are very few specs/classes that can do this.... its always the same ones over and over, if you think about it, its pretty obvious to know which classes are 'bad' and which ones are 'good'.

Any class is capable of getting 2.2k, so using that as a judgement for 'bad' or 'good' doesn't really work out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Sure, im talking about viable in tournaments and rank 1 - there are very few specs/classes that can do this.... its always the same ones over and over, if you think about it, its pretty obvious to know which classes are 'bad' and which ones are 'good'.

Any class is capable of getting 2.2k, so using that as a judgement for 'bad' or 'good' doesn't really work out very well.
    Yeah you are definitely right about tournies I suppose, but to say it isnt r1 viable cant be true, for years rets on these forums have complained about their class being bad, when van goes r1 as ret that very same season. I may appear cold-hearted to the rets on here, but its the same thing over and over saying its just a horrible spec, i feel its almost getting to be a state of mind of the player constantly blaming their class/spec that it really just becomes them!

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]

Haha my point proven!

and okay my apologies my first post was not detailed enough for you, i guess i was under the assumption that everyone kind of knew it was 2200 viable. Which it is! and ret ALSO owns in bgs!
    Point proven what? I responded to your first post as a whole and you clung to my mention of a pocket healer to try to make a jab at me. Go back and reread that post.

"Don't post things like "to get high rated, which i have on a ret" without an actual rating number and season you got it in. What you consider high rating might just be average. Top multi-glad rets have all said ret is struggling this season and have rerolled to other classes. A ret can play every match flawlessly and still lose because they are simply outclassed. The outcome of most matches at high ratings is not based on mistakes."

That was in response to your, "You have to play flawlessly" to get high ratings (which btw is not really a requirement for 2200).

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's enough bickering back and forth.

~Fhi.