Shadow vanish !!!

Ok.
    I just would like to have your feelings about all the tools the shadow priest have ?

Fear = You eat a fear, you run far from the priest, and when you are back on the priest, he's cool down for fear is reseted and he can fear you again
    Vanish = lol ? why the hell they can Vanish ...
    Dispersion = is it 90% damage reduction ? this is so lol
    Root = I do not know the name of the spell, but basically that thing that catch you and don't let you move....
    Disarm = ok they also can disarm you.

Probably i am forgetting some other things... but why do they have all of these tools ? can't they have some of them only like other classes and not that much ?

I think i've seen a post from GC saying that the next two classes/specs after Warrior / Mage to eat a nerf or "broken" are Shadow/Feral

I also consider the fact that DR is bugged, as sometimes the DR is reseted, you should be immune to fear but you still eat a fear of 7 seconds or is it 8 ? and FINALLY you can be damaged during the fear period .... and it does not break.

This is so unfair.

Deleted
    If you know this is coming:

"I think i've seen a post from GC saying that the next two classes/specs after Warrior / Mage to eat a nerf or "broken" are Shadow/Feral"

Why bother posting(whining?) in the first place?

Deleted
    As far as I remember, priest's fear can't DR with itself for cooldown reasons.

"Roots" are killable.

Their "vanish" lasts only for a couple of seconds, until you hit their "image" enough times.

Dispersion is the only damage reduction buff. The downside is that during it (6 seconds) priests are silenced/pacified. They can only run.

Don't see why priest's tools are as OP as you describe them.

Deleted
    Fear breaks from damage and has a low range, unlike Locks.

The "vanish" lasts a few seconds and really isn't a vanish at all since it doesn't drop combat and doesn't put you into stealth permanently, it's like a Mage's invis only not nearly as strong.

The root can be easily countered by attacking and killing the mob that roots you. It has very low health.

The Disarm uses the same resource (shadow orbs) that our main burst ability uses, so if we choose to disarm you we sacrifice a lot of damage. Unlike a lot of other disarms i.e. Rogue, Warrior.

Dispersion is a good defensive cooldown but it also prevents us from casting any spells, unlike a Paladin's bubble.

And no, DR is not bugged.

Anything else?

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Althanza View Post
    As far as I remember, priest's fear can't DR with itself for cooldown reasons.

"Roots" are killable.

Their "vanish" lasts only for a couple of seconds, until you hit their "image" enough times.

Dispersion is the only damage reduction buff. The downside is that during it (6 seconds) priests are silenced/pacified. They can only run.

Don't see why priest's tools are as OP as you describe them.
    Yeah, you beat me to it. Pretty much this....

I'm assuming you just got your ass handed to you on a silver plate by s Shadow Priest in a duel or arena or some such. How's about you go away and learn to play against a shadow priest and stop complaining about a class that really isn't OP in the ways you suggest.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-01-24 at 01:27 PM.

^ 100% correct.
    and if you can't kill a shadow priest, you must be horrible..

Deleted
    Just another moron...

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-24 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    So let me translate the OP : I dueled a priest he feared to africa and when i tried to hit him he dispesred plus his dmg was bigger than mine so i lost. The conclusion is that they are op lol GC PLZ NERF THEM!

If this guy is amelee and he's complaining about shadowpriest, he should burn his own computer for the sake of his pride.

Or burn himself, but maybe its too much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from that, he's complaining from talents: we either choose Psy-fiend, which give us an extra "fear" generator that lasts 10 seconds, with a 45 second CD, or Void Tendrils (roots) with 30 second CD. Just trying to be a bit more explicit. Phantasm makes us un-target-able for 3 seconds, and breaks snares. I've never used Spectral Guise myself (the "vanish" with pseudo-mirror image), but it lasts 6 seconds, and as it was mentioned above, it doesn't break you out of combat. Granted, it has a 30 sec CD, but it comes amidst a choice between Desperate Prayer and Angelic Bulwark, which are pretty okay survivability CD's imo. Well, those where my 2 copper pieces. Kinda bores at work xDD.
    Last edited by Yetiman; 2013-01-24 at 03:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Deleted
    Sometimes I do wonder; is being a troll worth making yourself look like a complete spastic? This post isn't aimed at the OP at all....

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Psyfiend and Psychic Horror share DR. Think they are both in the 'Horror' category, while Psychic Scream is a fear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Doesn't Psyfiend and Psychic Horror share DR. Think they are both in the 'Horror' category, while Psychic Scream is a fear.
    psyfiend shares the same dr with any kind of fear effect, psychic horror only shares dr with horror effects so only with death coil

Oh and to the OP: you either have mental disorders/have no idea of how the game works/you never managed to get more than 1.5k rating since you're a backpedalling super skilled player.
    You choose one of the 3 options ^

Please post without insulting other posters.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-24 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caffox View Post
    you either have mental disorders/have no idea of how the game works/you never managed to get more than 1.5k rating since you're a backpedalling super skilled player.
    You choose one of the 3 options ^
    Mental disorder! I choose you!

A wild Shadow Priest appears. Shadow Priest uses Psychic Scream....... it's super effective!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my spriest in pvp, but in no way to I feel as powerful as he is describing.

Please keep the conversation civil and post without the insults.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking the thread, don't think it's going anywhere positive.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-01-26 at 03:45 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter