Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Very nice. I especially like that the HDD cages are now split 5/3 instead of 4/4, also like the addition of the 2.5" mounts behind the mother board tray. Other than that, not a whole lot has changed from the original as far as I can tell (which is not a bad thing) except the window (although FD released a windowed side panel for the original a few months ago).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-24 at 04:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now THIS, I bet Noteworthynerd might upgrade to.

Looks really nice, but I wonder how much sound leaking one would have with that window there. (inb4 I took the words out of tetrisGOAT's mouth, more or less.) :P Though I don't hate windows like he does.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Now THIS, I bet Noteworthynerd might upgrade to.
    If I were to decide to move back to a mid-tower it would probably be this or the Define R4, but as of right now, I'm still planning on going smaller.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-24 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    If I were to decide to move back to a mid-tower, it would probably be this or the Define R2, but as of right now, I'm still planning on going smaller.
    I hope you meant the R4.
    As far as the changed it looks like they have worked some on the HDD cages and to be more suited for water cooling. Kind of hard too see any big changes on the pictures provided.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I hope you meant the R4.
    As far as the changed it looks like they have worked some on the HDD cages and to be more suited for water cooling. Kind of hard too see any big changes on the pictures provided.
    I did.

And yeah, I edited my first post to mention the hard drive cages, the fact that they are rotatable now is also pretty neat, the hard drive cages in the original were probably the only complaint I had (because they obstructed airflow).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I hope you meant the R4.
    No, he meant the new Fractal Design Define R2-D2. You haven't heard of it? Oh crap... you weren't supposed to know. We are going to have to terminate you now, sorry.

As for going smaller, I should have remembered that.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No, he meant the new Fractal Design Define R2-D2. You haven't heard of it? Oh crap... you weren't supposed to know. We are going to have to terminate you now, sorry.
    Hey, I used to have a Define R2, don't mock me. I'll send a Hitachi Deathstar your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    At the same price as the R4, I will probably suggest my friend get the R4. Quiet is lovely, though this does look like a lovely improvement to the original Midi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

15+ Year Old Account
    What I think they should do is implement a real aluminium front panel. Would pay the price of the whole case to upgrade mine.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the original one was a joy to work with, big enough to be easy but not too big and great features for its price. fractal knows what they are doing for sure /thumbsup
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

OC3D keeps being bad.
    I thought this case was already out? I've been hands-on with it already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    OC3D keeps being bad.
    I thought this case was already out? I've been hands-on with it already?
    I wouldn't really say bad per se, I'd say, he's a lone guy doing all of these reviews. He can't do everything by the time it launches. lol
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    If I were to decide to move back to a mid-tower it would probably be this or the Define R4, but as of right now, I'm still planning on going smaller.
    Might I suggest Fractal Design Node 304? Takes a bit of skill to build it due to cable management but I feel pretty sure you'd be up for the task.

Deleted
    This makes me want to upgrade my Antec 300. Hell, it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Might I suggest Fractal Design Node 304? Takes a bit of skill to build it due to cable management but I feel pretty sure you'd be up for the task.
    That's what I plan on using in my next build, unless someone comes out with a better mITX case (which is unlikely).

Waiting for Haswell numbers to decide whether or not I'll be building this year.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-02-19 at 06:57 PM.