Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will the Karazhan crypts ever be used?

Most of us know it already : there is a hidden dungeon under karazhan which can only be accessed by glitching and it is pretty damned scary.
    (more information on it http://www.wowwiki.com/Crypt_%28Deadwind_Pass%29 )
    Now this crypt has been around forever and when they revamped the world with cata they didn't remove it. Now my question is will they ever use it or delete it? What are your thoughts and speculations on it?

They did use it for the Rogue legendary questline.

At least I'm pretty sure they did. Are we thinking of the same crypt?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

They may not have any current intent to actively implement it but it's there if they ever do want to make some use out of it (it's not like its presence is hurting anything). Perhaps some mailed in dungeon, etc. down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Future dungeon, no doubt.

Kara was originally planned to both go up (where you fight Prince) and down (Upside-Down Sinners). The down part was scrapped.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    They did use it for the Rogue legendary questline.

At least I'm pretty sure they did. Are we thinking of the same crypt?
    No they didn't, this dungeon was never opened you can only enter it with a glitch.

Everyone keeps saying it's so scary down there, i have no clue why tho It's very plain looking to me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Kara was originally planned to both go up (where you fight Prince) and down (Upside-Down Sinners). The down part was scrapped.
    Doesn't make sense because the architecture doesn't look like kara at all.

Well the legion is coming back soon (not saying it is next expansion) who knows? I could see the story possibly involve it somehow.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    Everyone keeps saying it's so scary down there, i have no clue why tho It's very plain looking to me ^^
    If you google some karazhan crypts images, you'll see a lake full of dead people hung upside down on metal hooks underwater. Not really scary but hardly fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    Everyone keeps saying it's so scay down there, i have no clue why tho It's very plain looking to me ^^
    The ambient sound is really scary : wispers, something walking right behind you but nothings there, heartbeats,... It also has people hanging from big hooks who were drowned and whose knees have been bust open, a ton of skeletons, limbs, rotting corpses laying around. Really an atmosphere that you don't expect to have in wow.

Here's a complete run through if anyone is interested. I used to love exploring unfinished zones.
    http://youtu.be/wxlzHVpnIN0
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope so..., i would love to go in there...

I think they've alluded it'll be used at some point. Might be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

You'll see them do something with it during a Sargeras expansion most likely. It was Kara's basement that Medivh (Sargeras) died in with their final confrontation with Lothar and Khadgar, according to The Last Guardian. I could see them making a dungeon out of it to examine a crucial piece of the past or how Sargeras "survived" and is now here on Azeroth to finish the job he started log ago. I would get comfortable however as we probably won't see a Sargeras Xpack until we have an Azhara Xpack and Panda is still fresh. If mount hyjal is any indication, Blizzard is perfectly content to leave areas to rot until they conjure up a use years and years later.

Crypts and Lower Karazhan are two completely different places. Lower Kara is, as described in Last Guardian, an exact mirror in layout to the above grounds portion of the tower but with different contents (eg: library being a menagerie of experimental and demonic creatures). the Crypts are, as the name suggests, crypts which happen to be in the graveyard near Karazhan

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Here's a complete run through if anyone is interested. I used to love exploring unfinished zones.
    http://youtu.be/wxlzHVpnIN0
    Nice vid man, i'd love to go explore with you some day. I loved back in the day to mount up on my raven lord and explore the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    The ambient sound is really scary : wispers, something walking right behind you but nothings there, heartbeats,... It also has people hanging from big hooks who were drowned and whose knees have been bust open, a ton of skeletons, limbs, rotting corpses laying around. Really an atmosphere that you don't expect to have in wow.
    This sounds like an instance I'd love to have released.

For the first time, I just watch the entire video of the zone,

I just think old Scholomance and Strat are more spooky than this place

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the more darker areas of WoW, Shame it was never put to use.

If anything it's more likely they'll make something new than just reuse it. Though the crypts and hallways in there are rather unique.