Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Healers Say I'm Squishy;Hard to Heal

What can I do to fix this?

My rotation is as follows (I'm level 38)

Charge-Keg Smash-Guard-Jab to 2 chi-Zen Sphere-Keg Smash-Blackout Kick-Jab to 2 chi-Blackout Kick-Elusive Brew-

Then I just try to keep up guard and zen sphere, while also trying to use blackout kick often as possible, and I use Elusive when there is 6+ stacks

If you're low level, then just get some heirlooms. That'll sort it out. From what you say it sounds like you're using all the active mitigation available to you (Blackout Kick giving Shuffle, Guard, and Elusive Brew), so honestly it could just be gear.

Minor note: Zen Sphere sucks. Use Chi Wave instead. Zen Sphere costs far too much Chi to be worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Minor note: Zen Sphere sucks. Use Chi Wave instead. Zen Sphere costs far too much Chi to be worthwhile.
    When it no longer cost Chi I wonder if this will remain true?

Also to the OP, if healers are having problems at that level with you, and you are doing what you say you are, seems like you may not be the problem...

I was recently leveling my druid and ran into this problem with Brewmasters. What I found was that, without the Shuffle passive yet, they get trucked. Shuffle is such a huge part of damage reduction that lacking it is absolutely devastating. I think you get it around level 42 or 44 or something, because after that I started seeing the buff and Brewmasters taking a lot less damage. Just hold on a little bit longer.

well, if you allready have shuffle, I would go Keg -> BoK, then Guard, and the rest of Chi just fo BoK (unless you know that you can keep shuffle up, then you can Chi Wave)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not actually having shuffle makes a huge difference. I don't really remember there being any issue back when I was leveling, though.

Just for the future: Dont guard before Tiger Palm.
    Dont use T30 talents before your shuffle is up.

Ofc as always there are situations which require you to act different but most the time this should be true (use your reason for when its needed to step from the default rule set)
    Using Blackout Kick asap gives you parry and less direct dmg into the face making you easier to heal (iam not sure you already have shuffle but it never hurts to learn stuff you should do at max level anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    When it no longer cost Chi I wonder if this will remain true?

Also to the OP, if healers are having problems at that level with you, and you are doing what you say you are, seems like you may not be the problem...
    the burst healing it provides would ultimately make it a better cooldown, in my opinion. Zen sphere is great for consistent healing, but that's really it. Chi Wave is better for when your health drops suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    the burst healing it provides would ultimately make it a better cooldown, in my opinion. Zen sphere is great for consistent healing, but that's really it. Chi Wave is better for when your health drops suddenly.
    don't forget, Zen Sphere is supposed to explode when you dip under 35% health (patch 5.2), making it an automatic emergency heal, that can be reapplied every 10sec with no cost. and its still a hot thats ticking. I'll take that over Chi Wave, which is still too random. (can heal you instant 4x, but can also sometimes take 15sec to jump all 8 times! really, just tested it on PTR, CD was up again and it was still bouncing...)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    don't forget, Zen Sphere is supposed to explode when you dip under 35% health (patch 5.2), making it an automatic emergency heal, that can be reapplied every 10sec with no cost. and its still a hot thats ticking. I'll take that over Chi Wave, which is still too random. (can heal you instant 4x, but can also sometimes take 15sec to jump all 8 times! really, just tested it on PTR, CD was up again and it was still bouncing...)
    It depends on the situation. Chi Wave will be good for some fights or play styles and Zen Sphere will be better for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Just for the future: Dont guard before Tiger Palm.
    I rarely use Tiger Palm, just seems like a waste of Chi since i'm a tank, not dps.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

As a side note, this being my first monk I just tried WW in a few bgs and.... OMGSOFUN!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    As a side note, this being my first monk I just tried WW in a few bgs and.... OMGSOFUN!
    On that note: I recently had to do a couple BGs for the legendary quest. I never PvP otherwise, so I don't have any PvP gear. Naturally, I died a lot, took a ton of damage. It was kind of frustrating, then I realised I had a way to turn that squishiness into a strength.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124280

It's fun when you roll into a group of enemies, sneakily put touch of karma up on one of them, and lol as they all nuke you and kill a friend of theirs.

I rarely use Tiger Palm, just seems like a waste of Chi since i'm a tank, not dps.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Note that as a tank with brewmaster training, tiger palm costs no chi. It's free. You should use it when you have no other abilities up, and consider using it before guard if the buff isn't already up.

The buffs it gives are great, but you should be using it often enough that you don't have to worry about it too much.

Deleted
    I know you are asking for BrM advice for squishyness but everyone else has covered it just fine so heres what i did.

I noticed i was really squishy at first even in looms i couldn't deal with alot of overaggroing ninja pullers (especially diremaul that place hits you like a fully loaded truck with jet boosters) I leveled in dungeons as a tank...as a mistweaver. Especially once you get the heal on Spinning crane kick it was pretty imba keeping everyone alive aswell as keeping a dam buster of aggro, It only worked up till outland and it was in leather agi looms. Dunno if you'd try it or not but it worked for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Note that as a tank with brewmaster training, tiger palm costs no chi. It's free. You should use it when you have no other abilities up, and consider using it before guard if the buff isn't already up.

The buffs it gives are great, but you should be using it often enough that you don't have to worry about it too much.
    I did not know this, thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, this may be a obvious thing but make sure you have updated gear according to your level. Fixing a rotation helps but getting gear that is at your level when you are far behind does wonders.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I did not know this, thanks!
    Yeah you only got that at level 34 though!
    Your interrupt is also free now, as well as the stagger mechanic coming from blackout kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Also, this may be a obvious thing but make sure you have updated gear according to your level. Fixing a rotation helps but getting gear that is at your level when you are far behind does wonders.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erbones/simple

I level too quickly to get the drops I need, bracers mostly.

Monks are beyond squishy at low levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Monks are beyond squishy at low levels.
    Most I see at 90 are still squishy compared to warriors and DK's