Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Most people get in touch with me when they need something.
    If the Dogman calls me up during the middle of the day I know he needs something.
    Friends will talk with me if I get in touch with them first.
    Women dont talk with me even if I start it, but thats the price of being a loser.

I mostly just get to talk to people at work, when something is broken and I show up they are happy to see me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Because more and more people today are superficial in any kinds of relationships. Due to the growth of social networks, forums etc, they can have "fast food" friendships. What does it mean? They meet some people they like, they have fun with said people while they share a main interest and complain to said person and stuff. However, when said person has a problem too, they dump that person and find other "friends". Why? Because they can and don't want to help anyone. They can only think of themselves and feel the world revolves around them. If the person doesn't contact them or listen to their stories they can find others, on the other hand even if said person does, they don't feel the need to return the favor, since the problems of the other person, the life of the other person... is not theirs, so why care?

I'm starting to see more and more of these people everywhere unfortunately, and it kind of disappoints me. I even had a such "friend" in WoW to whom I listened to all her problems and offered advice, yet when I had one, her response was something alike "man up and deal with it". In a way I feel sorry for people like this, because they'll never know what a true friend is and what it means to be a true friend.
    My suggestion? Dump all those friends and find new ones, these ones suck. Don't worry, they won't miss you for more then a few days until they can find new people to complain to. And not because you're not a nice person, but because that's how they are, superficial in every single relationship of any kind.
    A lot of truth in this post. I never thought of it as fast food friend but I like the term. I'm also going through something similar with people on wow. I'm at point where I'm just going to dump every body off my real ID. None of them ever whisper me unless they want something.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off maybe they are busy. Second if they dont want to hang out with you and they dont want to tell you why or wil tell you in a harsh way then they are not good friends. I know a couple of people who are terrible friends and they dont want to hang out with the friend they despise but will not tell them that. Also I do believe in karma so you may just be getting what you gave at the moment. I say keep trying to hang with your friends but also try to not be to needy and you will eventually absolve yourself. Another thing you could always do is get a pet, they make really great friends.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-01-25 at 05:01 AM.