Most mindfudge moment of my life

I couldnt believe this when it happened but I was in class today and professor asked us what we do besides homework and I said play wow so this guy comes up to me after class and tells me he plays wow too, im like ohh my another wow player, so we play on the same realm and mindfuck myself even more, not a lie 100% he is in my guild, I couldnt believe it. I said bullll looked him up and yes he is in my guild. So weird, I never would of thought I would meet a guild mate irl before. Anyone ever get mindfucked like that?

I once did peyote in the desert and thought I was a horse-bicycle hybrid that could play the harmonica.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I've met plenty of people in my college years who had been on my server at the same time, and shared guilds previously etc. I guess it's just expanded social circles.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did a random LFD last week. No one was really chatting or anything. Anyway, near the end of the run I dc'd for about ~20 seconds. I log back in and hope I didn't cause a wipe (I was the healer), and discover that the group hadn't moved because the tank also had DC'd. I jokingly asked him if we was using my same ISP. And he was! As it turned out, he only lives about 5 minutes from my house. LOL. This blew me away because I live in a very small town in Eastern Canada.

Deleted
    I discovered one guy in my guild lived about 3 miles away from me, he was a real dick though.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I discovered one guy in my guild lived about 3 miles away from me, he was a real dick though.
    Oh yeah, same here.

Also I have tendency stop random balance talk about the game when I mention my arena ratings.. People are like "...fuck.". One guy who invests a lot of time in the game and also plays arena had pretty awesome face when he looked up my armory in a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lived close to many people. Then again, I live in a city with like 10 million people... lol A guy I was in a guild with owned a sushi restaurant I frequented.

The best one I remember was about 8 years ago my dad was chatting with a sales rep. They got to talking about his personal life and it turned out his wife was a friend of my sister's from Grade 5 which at the time was almost 20 years prior.

The best WOW story was I was in a guild that had a wife/husband tandem. Turns out they were from the city I was born in and knew some of my relatives who still live down there which was kind of cool. We have talked about getting together for a drink but haven't done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I've lived close to many people. Then again, I live in a city with like 10 million people... lol A guy I was in a guild with owned a sushi restaurant I frequented.
    Pay wow sub just to get free sushi

My husband and I were a tank/healer combo in a raiding guild (I know, original.) But we became pretty static in the core team, and eventually we grew pretty close to everyone. At one point, we had a picture thread. This one dude lived in the same damn apartment complex as us in San Antonio. The funnier thing was, we saw him at Walmart one day, and had to do a double take. Also seemed to get our mail at the same time in the morning before work! We hung out with him several times. Really cool guy.