Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Smart casting. You can combo Q+W pretty much instantly.

Additionally, Q - W - Q - E - Q
    I'm not an idiot I have smart cast on. I cast Q and W together, but they still walk out of range before W goes off.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I'm not an idiot I have smart cast on. I cast Q and W together, but they still walk out of range before W goes off.
    I did not call you an idiot. If you want to take that way, that's your responsibility.

Q has 650 range. W 625. Make sure to be able to hit both instead of just Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    You just gotta make sure you get close enough to lock in his W and make his E chain react to make this combo work.

Probably the easiest combo to ever pull off. Go practice it on bot games if player games are too challenging to pull it off.

apparently I just suck with Ryze. I can even fucking beat fizz...
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-31 at 01:00 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

when it comes to fizz... u literally dont have to "engage" him. Q>W>E>Q back off... he cant come to u, and if he CHASES to get to u.... then he is over extended. the key for ryze vs fizz.... is poke and bide ur time. he OUTBURSTS u... but u SERIOUSLY out-poke him. and have more sustain via ult ;-D

The thing many people don't realize is that Ryze is relatively weak early and really strong lategame, aka a hypercarry.

Against hypercarries, you NEED to win early, you NEED to crush them, just think about Ryze as the AP-mid version of Kog'maw or Vayne or Karthus 2.0 - against those champs, you can't pad yourself on your back for "being even in lane" early, if you don't crush them when they are weak, they WILL punish you later.

This is what a lot of people have to understand/take into consideration more: What champ/comp is strong at what point in the game and how can we make the most of it ?