Bind Elemental on shamans using Ascendance

So how come we can't use bind elemental on other shamans when they are in ascendance?
    A hunter can fear a druid in any beast form and they can be put to sleep by other druids.

The ascendance tooltip clearly says we turn into beings of raw elemental energy and Bind elemental says it binds target hostile elemental?

I think this is the same reason why ghost wolf is treated as humanoid. IIRC it was once treated as beast and polymorph didn't affect us nor does rogue's sap and a bug where hunter couldn't fear us also.

Deleted
    because we are not elemental then.. if we were other humanoid related cc would not work... which would be nice though...
    i dont remember which cc's are humanoid only, but being sheep during our burst phase is boring

i do pvp casually so i dont know if it would bring massive inbalance or mess something up badly...

Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    I think this is the same reason why ghost wolf is treated as humanoid. IIRC it was once treated as beast and polymorph didn't affect us nor does rogue's sap and a bug where hunter couldn't fear us also.
    Polymorph always worked on beast.
    Sap didn't affect Beast until Wotlk.

And being considered as Elemental is a double edged sword, Repentance / Poly / Hex wouldn't be working anymore but Bind Elemental and Banish would work, Holy Pallies could put a glyph in as well to stun us.

So, it probably wasn't worth to balance it that way, so they skipped it.

In the end, most CC's would still work, Fear, Stuns and such stuff.

I still think it should be possible. It just felt weird trying to bind another shaman when he popped ascendance in arena and that IMMUNE popped up and i was like "WTF?"