Heroic Amber-Shaper Un'sok question

Is it still possible to do the strategy where you prolong Phase 1 as much as possible, and then try to burn him down from 70% to 0% during Amber Scalpel/Reshape Life casts?

My guild tried it today, and we got him down to 2% and the Monstrosity spawn, we kept DPSing the boss but he would not go below 1 HP.
    So my guild is wondering, is it still possible to do this strategy and we just didn't have the DPS or this method of doing the encounter is no longer viable.

You can't burn it all the way to 0% during the Phase 1 transition.
    You can, however, beat the everliving crap out of him right after he comes out of Phase 2.
    Have fun!
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    My guild tried it today, and we got him down to 2% and the Monstrosity spawn, we kept DPSing the boss but he would not go below 1 HP.
    So my guild is wondering, is it still possible to do this strategy and we just didn't have the DPS or this method of doing the encounter is no longer viable.
    no you have to go to p3 to kill him.
    burning him down to sub 40% is a good strat though. makes p3 much easier

My guild tried it and got him down to sometihng like 20-40% using that strat but we ended up abandoning the tactic because the only part where things get tricky is phase 2 (amber monstrosity). The prolonged phase 1 to build stacks was just long and boring and as we can kill him without it we just abandoned it. Try and keep the stacks rolling on the boss as well as the monstrosity during phase 2 and you will get a very short and easy phase 3 anyway.

If you are able to get him to only a few % during P1 -> P2 transition, you can let stacks drop from the boss in P2, and then just execute him once you manage to get to P3.

Our group has been unable to get him lower than about 20% during P1 -> P2 transition. When we make it to P3, we wipe because that phase is horrible in 10 man, and we let stacks drop off boss during P2.

If you can't get him down to a few % during P1 -> P2 transition, it's probably your best bet to build stacks on the boss throughout the encounter, without letting them drop. Before you finish off the monstrosity, kill off the adds, then transition into P3, and DPS him down to 0 before he kills you.