Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

will mop be so much grinding reputation as i see it right now?

i got the feelin that mop will be a nice addon... BUT

as far as i see... do we have to grind so much rep with factions that i want to just close my account? (so we have to do quests like fuckin retards)

everything is for rep and doin quests? extra roll on lfr? items for raiding? i mean wtf? is this what we want to do?

i want to raid normal and then hc... not spendin my whole life on grindin quests for some items cause i need em for the raids?

WHEN i HAVE to gain the rep. so blizz should give me back a tabard so i can grind instances not fuckin quests wich are funny when u doin them once but not every day... : /
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2012-08-10 at 01:09 PM.

I... I can't even read or follow the logic of this...

So... You don't like dailies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Blizzard are making reputation grinding much less of a requirement to raid, with the removal of head/shoulder enchants being available from factions.

Everything else you get out of grinding reputation is just a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I... I can't even read or follow the logic of this...

So... You don't like dailies?
    As best as I can translate (I'm assuming English is not his first language) it sounds like he's one of those people who never leaves the city and just queues for everything, and he's mad that he might have to actually do something besides sit in Stormwind/Org and wait for a queue timer.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an interesting way to go about things,

I think its basically to give people that play the game more than others more benefits, the amount of times Ive had raiders log on only for raids and nothing else, then you get abit pissed at they're lack of effort,

That being said dont take this as a "you should play more meh argh blah etc", cause even my time playing is limited like the rest of the world,

Lets just see how it goes, sorry that your not happy about it, it never did make much sense to me that I could spam a dungeon over and over and somehow get exalted with some random faction
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game doesn't suit you anymore, just quit, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You're now forced to grind all of the reputations to fill in holes in gear from raiding with valor gear. This is much worse than only having to grind the 2 reps for helm/shoulder enchants because due to RNG you never know which piece of gear you'll actually need from valor points.

you do not have to do LFR simple as that blizz stated this

rep is a grind and it is to give people something to do, you / your guild will be doing normal raids then heroics and if there was not a grind we would have the same problem as we do in cata and that is nothing to do at all.

they are putting in a load of factions for you to do and do not forget it is a new expansion and you cant have it all easy like cata became, and cata became a dull dull dull expansion due to people like you who got used to everything been ever so easy.

Deleted
    The rep grinding for those Valor items is for the people who don't raid normal and heroic. You will be able to do normal mode without grinding any reputations.

In the beginning I think it is gated, so I'm pretty sure you better like doing ass loads of quests. I haven't played beta, but just by the looks of the updates, you better like daily's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    As best as I can translate (I'm assuming English is not his first language) it sounds like he's one of those people who never leaves the city and just queues for everything, and he's mad that he might have to actually do something besides sit in Stormwind/Org and wait for a queue timer.
    No need to insult (even if it's hidden in sarcarsm)..

He raises good point - does reputation grind something you have to do? In Cata you pretty much had to max you reputations to step into raiding - many pre raiding BiS gear came from faction vendors. With the removal of tabard rep grinding you now have to do dailies to get reputation - and by that gear.

I'm not sure how it now works in MoP - are those items on par with dungeon drops/some end zone quests, or are they better?

If those are optional items - then removal of rep grind via tabards is a good move.
    If they are 'required' to start raiding - then I'd prefer to still have an option to grind rep via dungeons..

And not liking the daily quest system doesn't mean that only thing person does is sit in Org and queue for everything.. I like a lot of stuff, I move a lot, solo a lot, I do dungeons etc.. I enjoy the game, but i HATE the very idea of daily quests. They bore me after 2-3 days to death - to the point that Argent Crusade dailies are taking me 4th month to finish on my DK :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Blizzard are making reputation grinding much less of a requirement to raid, with the removal of head/shoulder enchants being available from factions.

Everything else you get out of grinding reputation is just a bonus.
    I think it's only the head enchants that will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    I think it's only the head enchants that will be removed.
    Shoulder enchants are now being made by scribes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

shoulder enchants are for people with that proff only now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    i got the feelin that mop will be a nice addon... BUT

as far as i see... do we have to grind so much rep with factions that i want to just close my account? (so we have to do quests like fuckin retards)

everything is for rep and doin quests? extra roll on lfr? items for raiding? i mean wtf? is this what we want to do?

i want to raid normal and then hc... not spendin my whole life on grindin quests for some items cause i need em for the raids?

WHEN i HAVE to gain the rep. so blizz should give me back a tabard so i can grind instances not fuckin quests wich are funny when u doin them once but not every day... : /

Simple answer: Yes. You're going to be grinding your ass off and doing it in multiple areas of the game.

Deleted
    no i like doin dailys and quests? for example molten front?

i just wanted to know if i HAVE to do the quests to be ready for raiding when xpac. comes.
    everything which comes after the raid (i love to wipe and raid progress ) is fine for me and i defently will be grindin some rep. for some factions

because it was like "goin level XX (insert 70 80 85) doin instances for gear and buy gear from valor to start raiding". and with mop it would be "ding 90. do instances and quest ur ass off to get started" nah.. i would like to prefer the first setting... just to learn your new skills new boss mechanics etc.

when ur in content doin all quests is no problem (i did all questchains in cata after i reached 85 or done them with a twink they were very nice and fun to play)

so as some people pointed out. i dont have to do the dailys for rading.. so the i think mop will be quiet nice though

edit: yeah should will be made from inscription for everyone not for only them. and headenchants removed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    He raises good point - does reputation grind something you have to do? In Cata you pretty much had to max you reputations to step into raiding - many pre raiding BiS gear came from faction vendors. With the removal of tabard rep grinding you now have to do dailies to get reputation - and by that gear.

I'm not sure how it now works in MoP - are those items on par with dungeon drops/some end zone quests, or are they better?

If those are optional items - then removal of rep grind via tabards is a good move.
    If they are 'required' to start raiding - then I'd prefer to still have an option to grind rep via dungeons..
    Let me answer that -

No, you do not need to grind any reputation to start raiding. You can use your Valor Points to upgrade your gear and never need to get near the faction vendors. However, you might want to supplement your gear by buying a VP item from time to time, for that you would need to raise the reputation of one faction to revered (which takes about 3-6 days doing dailies depending on the faction).

And for your information, the gear from these faction vendors is nowhere near BiS gear even if you only consider normal mode raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with getting to a certain reputation with a faction? It's always been like this in the universe of World of Warcraft. Did you play TBC? Did you play WOTLK? Did you play Cataclysm? It was easier in cataclysm and Wrath of the lich king due to the tabards and free reputation in dungeons but still -why do you whine?

"is this what people wanna do all day???" - It's progression for your character, so why not? This makes the characterprogession slower, which is great imo. But you certainly want everything handed to you...

I highly doubt they will do the Molten front thing again, I think they have learned a lot from Cataclysm, and what not to do..

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    because it was like "goin level XX (insert 70 80 85) doin instances for gear and buy gear from valor to start raiding".
    No, it was never like that. Unless you skipped the first few months of raiding and waited until you had VP gear. There has always been a 1000 VP weekly cap, and VP items always cost up to 2250 points, so you never ever got VP gear to start raiding. Maybe one or two items.