Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you ever date an slightly autistic person?

So it's something I'm curious about peoples' opinion on. I have autism and can function like everyone else, but have issues learning, fluently speaking, and socializing. At my school I'm never bullied or anything, but people see me a just a student rather than someone that can be a friend. It took 5 years before my current friends actually gave me a chance. No girl as ever taken an interest in me and I was simply wondering peoples opinions on the matter.

P.S. I'm sorry if I was a little sketchy on the details. Writing is not my thing, but I'm sure you can all figure out what I'm trying to ask here.

Definitely, yeah.

Just gotta get her home before Wapner.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Depends on how weird they would be in my eyes. Have worked with one earlier in my life, he was just downright weird and creepy. Had no real idea of social rules.

Yes.

I am one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes.

I am one.
    *dramatic music*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as long as i could still communicate with them effectively. Some people with autism are near perfectly normal, and few are genius's in some field.

I would have to meet the person to decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Depends on how weird they would be in my eyes. Have worked with one earlier in my life, he was just downright weird and creepy. Had no real idea of social rules.
    See, the problem is people associate people with some mental deficiency all the same. I have social rules but when people find out I have autism they treat me like I'm the plague or like I'm a small child.

"Slightly" doesn't seem like a problem. If she was great in every other way (at least in my eyes) then why not.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I am one.
    [video=youtube;y8Kyi0WNg40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[video]
    <Infracted>
    No spam posts please
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-01-25 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    "Slightly" doesn't seem like a problem. If she was great in every other way (at least in my eyes) then why not.
    My cousin overall is quite a looker, but she has a migratory goiter and tourettes. Yay or nay?

It depends on the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    See, the problem is people associate people with some mental deficiency all the same. I have social rules but when people find out I have autism they treat me like I'm the plague or like I'm a small child.
    Meh, I don't associate everyone the same. I can accept people being different but when someone is completely unaware of when it's approriate to touch someone or where to to touch them when they don't know them very well(Like the guy I had to work with) then it just becomes downright creepy or how close to a person you can stand without causing discomfort.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-01-25 at 07:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if she weren't too autistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    does aspergars count because i have that @_@
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    does aspergars count because i have that @_@
    Aspergers is regarded as a highly functioning disorder in the Autism spectrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes seeing as i have it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aspergers is regarded as a highly functioning disorder in the Autism spectrum.
    so yes. i will now yell at anyone who says no in this thread *evil laugh*
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Definitely, yeah.

Just gotta get her home before Wapner.
    You're my hero.

I think most people are fine with it as long as it isn't "Rainman" autism. We put up with a lot of "normal" peoples bullshit, don't see why there should be a difference to someone who can't even change it.