Thread: Hunter update!

Deleted

Hunter update!

Hunter
    - We still plan on rebuilding Power Shot. We have not done so yet.
    - We're not sure 5.2 is the right time to convert any of the active buttons to passive procs. While we would like to slim down the number of buttons hunters need to manage overall, changes like this are controversial and I'm sure it would feel like a nerf (even a nerf to fun) to many hunters.

What do you think guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    Hunter
    - We still plan on rebuilding Power Shot. We have not done so yet.
    - We're not sure 5.2 is the right time to convert any of the active buttons to passive procs. While we would like to slim down the number of buttons hunters need to manage overall, changes like this are controversial and I'm sure it would feel like a nerf (even a nerf to fun) to many hunters.

What do you think guys?
    i think you are a few days slow with the "breaking news"

and its a cop out on blizzards part... there is no better tine to fix a class the between tiers.

Deleted
    Lazy exuse. Make dire beast/Murder of crowns baseline, Dire beast for BM and Murder of Crows for MM/Surv. hee there you go 2 buttons away.

Readines/Silence shot back to MM , Buff chimera shot/Aimed shot dmg, POOf MM is back

Powershot , either remove the ability and give us something enterly new or redesign it. But aye that can take awhile

for the 3 talents that are going to be scrapped, either keep them as talents and let people choose what they want for their spec, or give us 3 new talents. 1 for a new CC and 1 for a new AOE ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Lazy exuse. Make dire beast/Murder of crowns baseline, Dire beast for BM and Murder of Crows for MM/Surv. hee there you go 2 buttons away.

Readines/Silence shot back to MM , Buff chimera shot/Aimed shot dmg, POOf MM is back

Powershot , either remove the ability and give us something enterly new or redesign it. But aye that can take awhile

for the 3 talents that are going to be scrapped, either keep them as talents and let people choose what they want for their spec, or give us 3 new talents. 1 for a new CC and 1 for a new AOE ability.
    Do you realize that is blizzard change readiness to mm again, is a big nerf to bm? i can´t understand why hate readiness truly.

anyway Dire beast is a focus ability, MoC is a damage ability then again another nerf to bm..you hate bm right? xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

and its a cop out on blizzards part... there is no better tine to fix a class the between tiers.
    The thing is those news made the front page just today and since there were no posts about it i thought it was worth mentioning..
    And btw i've asked opinions from the hunter community about those posts not your personal opinion about me being fast or slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post

doesn't take that long... they realized WW monks sucks a monkeys left nut and they buffed them as well a changed their mastery and building them an entire new cleave machinic that even summons extra "guardians" for them.

its not hard its more a matter of they don't care about hunters... Ever since orgnial beta hunters were the last to get worked on. In orginal beta hunters were ment to use focus they even built the sound files and everything but they never got it right so they said fuck it give them mana, and it took 6 yars after that for them to do what they were ment to have at the start of wow. They promised no ammo back in TBC that took 2 x-packs to happen... At their going time to fix hunters hunters will be fixed 2 x-pacs from now.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Do you realize that is blizzard change readiness to mm again, is a big nerf to bm? i can´t understand why hate readiness truly.

anyway Dire beast is a focus ability, MoC is a damage ability then again another nerf to bm..you hate bm right? xD
    Because the start of any encounter is a massive CD spam.

Comparing Hunters to other classes:
    Affliction Warlock: Haunt > CoElements(if needed) > Dark Soul+Soulburn+Soul Swap > Malecifig Grasp > Normal rotation. 3 buttons needed, 4 if CoE is needed.
    WW Monk: (Pre-pull Expel Harm) > RSK > Jab > Tiger Palm > Normal rotation. 4 buttons.
    Frost DK: AoD pre-pull > Outbreak > Pillar of Frost > Obli > Normal rotation. 4 buttons

BM Hunter: aMoC > SrS > DB > Stampede > BW+KC > GT > 4xAS > KC > Readiness+KC > GT > DB > etc... 11 buttons(counting BW+KC and Readi+KC macros) and it still goes on, I just can't be assed to write the full rotation, that'd be over 30 seconds long. See the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because the start of any encounter is a massive CD spam.

Comparing Hunters to other classes:
    Affliction Warlock: Haunt > CoElements(if needed) > Dark Soul+Soulburn+Soul Swap > Malecifig Grasp > Normal rotation. 3 buttons needed, 4 if CoE is needed.
    WW Monk: (Pre-pull Expel Harm) > RSK > Jab > Tiger Palm > Normal rotation. 4 buttons.
    Frost DK: AoD pre-pull > Outbreak > Pillar of Frost > Obli > Normal rotation. 4 buttons

BM Hunter: aMoC > SrS > DB > Stampede > BW+KC > GT > 4xAS > KC > Readiness+KC > GT > DB > etc... 11 buttons(counting BW+KC and Readi+KC macros) and it still goes on, I just can't be assed to write the full rotation, that'd be over 30 seconds long. See the issue?
    I hope you don't actually play a Warlock. Just do your hunter-ing.

The thing is those news made the front page just today and since there were no posts about it i thought it was worth mentioning..
    Here you go:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Changes-in-5-2
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

While we would like to slim down the number of buttons hunters need to manage overall, changes like this are controversial and I'm sure it would feel like a nerf (even a nerf to fun) to many hunters.
    Why the heck would we want fewer buttons?! Survival poised to surpass Mages for the 1111121 rotation. With total freedom of movement, Marks has become almost mindless. The appeal of BM (beyond the "cool pets" mentality) has been a lot like Affliction Warlocks. A bitch to master, but once you do you're all but unstoppable.

Certainly the start of an encounter (in BM) can feel like a CD dump, but it's nothing a situational macro or two can't cure... and the feeling of going from 0 to 300,000 DPS in a couple of seconds is pretty fecking cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doofenshmirt View Post
    Why the heck would we want fewer buttons?! Survival poised to surpass Mages for the 1111121 rotation. With total freedom of movement, Marks has become almost mindless. The appeal of BM (beyond the "cool pets" mentality) has been a lot like Affliction Warlocks. A bitch to master, but once you do you're all but unstoppable.

Certainly the start of an encounter (in BM) can feel like a CD dump, but it's nothing a situational macro or two can't cure... and the feeling of going from 0 to 300,000 DPS in a couple of seconds is pretty fecking cool.
    THIS

I rerolled from Ret Pala to Hunter in this expansion purely on the basis that I felt my ret had been dumbed down too much and had become boring to play because of this. BM has been a godsend to me, I learn new things all the time, trying to min-max with a hunter is next to impossible, because with the current tier there is so much situation dependant stuff its complicated as hell... and thats freaking awesome! Every time my guild has progressed on a new boss, and I look at a video for the next one, I've generally gone to Methods videos, which has a lot of Rogerbrown on it, and I can see even he hasn't nailed it yet, you can sit and watch his rotation and question some of the things he does and think "mm maybe if I did this instead it would be better"... Now I'm not comparing myself to Rogerbrown, or even saying I'm in the same league, but it goes to show the diversity of the spec, that even though someone at the highest end of the spectrum might not be nailing it, purely because there are so many options.

My heart sank when I saw Blizzard wanted to dumb down BM and take away some of our utility/make it baseline. The complexity of the spec is what draws a lot of people to it I think, certainly its a major reason of why I play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post

so basicly what you are saying is that BM sucked the past...what 8 years? BM has NEVER had readines , so we won't miss it trust me
    and you also realize that NO1 takes MoC right now ? As BM thats they either take LYNX RUSH or BLINK STRIKE , you know stuff that benefit as you fight with your pet..:/

What? No one takes MoC as BM? Are you dumb?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doofenshmirt View Post

Yeah, Fun to see high numbers i agree. But it's just that tbh. It's not very fun to then see your dps starts dropping is it?. Having lots of cooldowns just increases the waiting and it feels like a massive bloat if you ask me. I dont see the fun in popping lots of cooldowns only to have a cooldown resetting cooldowns so we can use the cooldowns again (We need to go deeper, Cooldownception)'

All im saying is. Bm is more complex than it has to be. I dont mind, I know how to play it. I just prefer a smooth rotation over the clusterfunk of abilities/cd's
    Other classes can do the same burst damage as us, just that they have fewer Cd's and still do competitive burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

Can't fix what isn't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    What? No one takes MoC as BM? Are you dumb?
    Not sure if srs. AMoC is the best talent out of all three for all specs. Period.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Not sure if srs. AMoC is the best talent out of all three for all specs. Period.
    i agree, MoC is fairly superior to the other 2 talents, about readiness, i know very well that bm before MoP not have readiness, but now if a essential part of BM rotation, and personally i doubt that GC gonna eliminate readiness and buffing the signature shots and the abilities to eliminate readiness.