Deleted

Trying to maximize the efficiency of my lock, could use some help

Hey guys, i recently started to play my warlock (which has been my main alt for some time now) more and more, i'm considering playing way more since i love the playstile so much.
    Problem is i come from the rogue world (which i still love and always be), so i'm having an "hard" time getting accostumized to the whole being ranged and shit world.

Here is my lock for those wondering : Warlock

and here's a recent log to show you : Warlock log (my lock is mìse i recently name changed)

What i'm struggling most with is what i should actually do with my hit rating, the last time i simmed my lock it showed hit being behind haste and mastery, trying to reforge according to this stast weight tough put me on a really sad to watch 5/6% hit rating and i start seeing more misses than i would like to. At the moment i'm goin for a 11/12% which seems better to me, but i'm open to suggestions
    I don't think it should be this low D:

Another thing is, i still have to understand when goin full mastery gemming (320) is worth more then going for int mastery, i've read it should be done when your il is high enough, but how much high?

Few things to note:

- Yeah i know i still have two blues, still working on the klaxxy rep for the ring and hoping for elegon and sha to drop a trinket but i'm kinda losing hope
    - Spirit boots, yeah, they are 20 ilvl more then what i previously had tough so i think that might be worth it?

Thanks in advance to those that will be kind enough to reply (if any) : D

Here's the thing about hit rating as affliction. If you are trying to extreme min/max you want to sacrifice hit for other stats. It comes at a price though. Since you would be under hit cap you will miss (duh). This means that if have to become comfortable with quickly recognizing your misses and getting that dot up. In a perfect world you would see the miss and react to it before the gcd is done. If you don't think you can do that just go for hit cap and play that way. You won't be doing the most "theoretical" dps but it will make your play more consistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Here's the thing about hit rating as affliction. If you are trying to extreme min/max you want to sacrifice hit for other stats. It comes at a price though. Since you would be under hit cap you will miss (duh). This means that if have to become comfortable with quickly recognizing your misses and getting that dot up. In a perfect world you would see the miss and react to it before the gcd is done. If you don't think you can do that just go for hit cap and play that way. You won't be doing the most "theoretical" dps but it will make your play more consistent.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
    I actually have no problems reacting to misses, i just find them way more annoying then the whole community makes them out to be (mostly when haunts misses, it just sucks).
    I'll try different setups and see what i find out, still open for more advices tough : )

hit rating, i did some serious testing on the dummies and basically now i stay between 14 and 15% but never go above 15%

with the huge numbers we are currently hitting for, RNG is just rediculous

some pulls on the dummy i was doin 160k burst

some i was down to 145k burst. its all RNG RNG RNG

Deleted
    I always go with 15% hit, missing spells suck b*lls.
    I went for the 320 mastery gems at like... 490 ilvl or something. I have no idea if that's the "right" ilvl but I', not that into min/maxing anyway.

Ohh and also, by going under 15% hit your DPS will vary alot from one pull to the other, which might not be optimal for progression.

Deleted
    well, generally, when you hit ilvl 480ish, mastery starts to overtake the other stats, so around that ilvl you should start to consider gemming mastery.

as for the whole hitrating thing, going for hitcap or not, comes down to what ppl prefer. not going hitcap may increase your overall dps, where is hitcap does give you more stable dps, it is also preferable for pregression as not being hitcap can be the difference betwen a kill or not, however if you're mainly doing heroics or lfr, then you can easily sacrifice hit, but as i said, it comes down to what you prefer. personally, i prefer hitcap, i always have, and having a chance to miss annoys the hell out of me.

I stick around 13% hit. I really do not miss much at all and when i do i am pretty on top of it. Lower hit rating is only a gain of dps if you have quick reactions.