Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Help on Garalon HC

Hello dear Mage Community,

Last night we started progression on HC Garalon (guild got all heroics up to there down, so do i + wind lord) and my mainspec is Fire. I so far only swap for Will/Elegon HC to arcane, with fire reforgings, and manage to do okay on most fights. Now the real problem started on Garalon HC. Last night was our first night on it, and i did a good 20% less damage then the dps above me. After a while we ran into berserks @ 5-7%; and i will probably be sat out on our next raid if i don't improve. Now, i went with fire on it, since i can still somewhat spread combustion, and its kinda more mobile then arcane on average. Anyone got some advise how to improve my dps / tips on performance on that specific fight?

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zanth/advanced
    WOL: Will edit it in once its uploaded.

Deleted
    Personally I use Incanter's Ward, only ever use it as your about to start attacking a leg, never when your on the body(assuming your attacking every leg), this means you will have it up 100% of the time that you are attacking a leg, that alone will be a big gain for you.

These comments were meant for 25m where all would be attacking leg but I see now you do 10m so maybe not as relevant.
    Last edited by mmoc2ef6208292; 2013-01-25 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    Personally I use Incanter's Ward, only ever use it as your about to start attacking a leg, never when your on the body(assuming your attacking every leg), this means you will have it up 100% of the time that you are attacking a leg, that alone will be a big gain for you.
    The problem about that strat, is your basicly taking dps from others. On garalon you could in theory have 2 on extremely high dps, and rest on mid, and still beat the enrage. The legs doesn't have to die super fast, just before the next one spawns.

As you know, fire have got nerfed - even our mage plays Arcane on that fight.
    We only had 10 tries on this boss (Killed it first time this week), so my experienced is limited while having defeated the boss.
    Using Incanters Ward on cd should net you quite a good deal dps, and while kiting (I assume you kiting as well as every other ranged/tank/healer), that you can cast fireballs in between each pool.
    Apart from that, Combustion spread should be lethal for your dps.

In general tho, while this is not displayed on our log, we had our DK, Our Ele shaman and our hunter sitting legs, and no one else (2 melees would been better), and only using 3 because both Ele shaman and hunter kited.

Hey dude,

best greets from Germany

Well, i played fire mage on garalon heroic before it became nerfed. Meanwhile i Play arcane and i'm doing well with it.

For my talents i use:

WWW _eu _battle _net/wow/en/character/blackmoore/%c3%86tium/simple

Sorry for that broken link, i cant post links yet. Just replace the "_" with dots (".") in the link. (there is one before / after "eu" and one after "battle")

We use everyone to kite and my raid decided to let me kite at the end of our que. I start that fight with mirror, prepotion and precast arcane blast. Then i walk into a leg (i have my own one at the beginning), stack up my arcane charges to 6 and use my alter time macro (Profession, racials, arcane power, alter time) instant when i got 6 arcane charges + 2 arcanes Missiles. So, then i deal down the leg with about 300k dps and Switch on the Boss. I always deal single target dmg on garalon, just Switch to legs, when a leg spawns in my near. As Long as there are no legs in my near, our melees deal down the legs.

After i kited (mostly at ~ 20% garalon hp) our rogue take pheromones and i single target deal garalon and Focus legs if possible.

Thats all i do, ~130-150k dps Overall (when Boss dies). If i would ran into every legs circle to get the buff on the legs, i'd get about 180-200k, but it would be senseless, because i can't really cleave as arcane. Your rogues and dps warrior should cleave like twilight :-)

If u go fire on that Boss (no good decision since nerfes), if u spread from the Boss the front legs get dots, only the front legs. if u spread from a legs only the Boss gets ist. But u can believe me, Play arcane, not fire. Fire actually sucks at the Moment and espiacally on that Boss, with that gear

I hope it helps u