Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I only bind 1-7 (+8 but rarely used), F1-F5, r, t & middle mouse button. Longer CDs or anything out of battle gets clicked.

Sometimes it gets a little tight on space but as long as my rotation is binded and my interrupts then I'm happy.

Really should try modifiers but I've never really used them, although some day I will)
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-01-25 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    buy a naga that solves your problems. i have 37 binds 14 on naga alone and im totally fine with that and i dont need a shift/alt/ctrl+ something keybind that leads to misclicks.
    Shift/Alt/Ctrl won't lead to any missclicks... It's just getting used to them. Same as getting used to a razer naga
    Last edited by savvasp; 2013-01-25 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Overall there may be some redundant and totally situational binds but imho you can be quite successful with just a few(15-20) which makes me a little sad. Also depends on what you play. PvP'ers for example have naturally more binds than a pure PvE'ers have.

Deleted
    To me, binding bloat is just a symptom that there's now too many abilities for each class. Blizz fixed it somewhat with spec-specific base abilities, but I think they need to take it further.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played for almost seven years and over time it's gone from having a regular computer mouse, to moving on to a Razer Deathadder, then up to a Razer Naga and now I have a Logitech G600. I'm not sure if it's because of a necessary increase in keybinds over time (with each expansion, as you say) or just because I wanted to try new technology and learn to play with keybinds more.

I am completely positive that I'd have a very hard time playing without a multi-button gaming mouse now. I've become accustomed to the number of keybinds I have and how much easier they make things for me.

That being said, here's a link to a screenshot I took within the past couple weeks where you can see my keybinds. I think I count 30 keybinds (random mount is keybound too), and that's still leaving some spells completely unbound and clicking them. I don't know that the binds themselves are requirements though...there's always the debate about keybinds vs clickers but it's certainly possible to play the game with no (or minimal) keybinds and while clicking.

On my warlock main I'm fine really, but last week I dusted off my hunter which is still level 80 (I didn't play hunter since Wrath) and I found it quite overwhelming the amount of buttons he has.
    I had to do a lot of tooltip reading to determine my button layout first.

Here is a great tip for anyone that want to bind mount but don't want to give up on a spell key-binding I got this macro bound to 6

#showtooltip
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
    /castrandom [nomounted] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Mechano-Hog
    /cast [spec:1] SPELL for SPEC 1
    /cast [spec:2] SPELL for SPEC 2

The castrandom part is optional and can just be /cast. The macro will mount flying when outdoors+idle. ground mount when no-flying zone+idle.
    In combat/inside/moving the macro will cast SPELL.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Here is a great tip for anyone that want to bind mount but don't want to give up on a spell key-binding I got this macro bound to 6

#showtooltip
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
    /castrandom [nomounted] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Mechano-Hog
    /cast [spec:1] SPELL for SPEC 1
    /cast [spec:2] SPELL for SPEC 2

The castrandom part is optional and can just be /cast. The macro will mount flying when outdoors+idle. ground mount when no-flying zone+idle.
    In combat/inside/moving the macro will cast SPELL.
    Or you bind your mount to something like Shift + space that you would never ever use :>

I have 43 binds on my warrior atm, used atleast 90% of them in my last BG. Would need another 12 when I start with 3v3 though (only 85 so far) + a few for the new spells. The more binds that you actually use the better, always try to clear my interface from time to time and remove binds I rarely use, but I always end up missing that bind in some situation later and put it back.
    Last edited by eErike; 2013-01-25 at 02:09 PM.

Good read so far, thanks guys Also good to get some inspirtation for what other people uses.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO