10+ Year Old Account

Green fire quest chain

I know we, most likely, won't be able to test the quest chain on PTR, however, does anyone know HOW to start the quest chain, once v5.2 goes live?

- Is it a "normal" quest from a NPC, in that case, which one?
    - Is it a drop-quest, in that case, what do we need to kill to get it?
    - Is it auto-accept, like you got Dominion Offensive, when you fly into VoEB?
    - Something else?

Anyone who knows something?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Currently, you need to first find the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion and combine it with a healthstone. This creates (well, unseals) the Codex of Xerrath, which which grants the first quest in the chain.

As for where to find the Sealed Tome, nobody's sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. I know about the combining part.. ;-)

But it doesn't really say anything about how it starts, as the Tome can come from all the examples I give above..:-(
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

GC said that there will be some exclusivity at first, but everyone will eventually be able to complete it. This concerns me a little.

This has got me kinda worried that the quest is going to get pushed back again to maybe 5.3 or later. Last ptr for 5.1 we did not get any new info on it and people thought the same thing, that it would most likely just not be tested on ptrs and we'd only be able to find out after 5.1 hit. I really hope this doesn't turn out the same like last time and get pushed back for a later time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it means rare drop and/or BMAH items, Brawler's Guild style?

That was also pretty exclusive, until christmas (still closed at 10.000g or more) and then prices began to fit everyone..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-01-25 at 07:13 AM.

If it's pushed to 5.3, we should really protest or somthing, this is unbelievble... then again they can do w/e they want.
    but id feel really bad paying for this game, if they think they can just f' us from behaind every patch like this, delaying stuff, scraping spells (cataclysm - has anyone heard anything about it? Im pretty sure I havent)
    pushing green fire for around 3 expansions now, and when they finally announce it, it's getting pushed from patch to patch.

that's smart marketing i must say, but we are treated like shit.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    If it's pushed to 5.3, we should really protest or somthing, this is unbelievble... then again they can do w/e they want.
    but id feel really bad paying for this game, if they think they can just f' us from behaind every patch like this, delaying stuff, scraping spells (cataclysm - has anyone heard anything about it? Im pretty sure I havent)
    pushing green fire for around 3 expansions now, and when they finally announce it, it's getting pushed from patch to patch.

You have no idea what you're talking about? They haven't been pushing it from patch to patch, Locks have wanted it for a while, but they haven't been told they can have it "for around 3expansions now" Just grow up and stop wanting everything NOW, You'll get it when you bloody get it

10+ Year Old Account
    if its on the bmah ill be fucking pissed off
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems that the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion was originally intended to be an extremely rare drop from mobs involved in the Dominance Offensive and Operation: Shieldwall dailies in 5.1, judging from its entry on the official Game Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/92426

As we've got literally nothing else to go on at the moment, I'd say the best guess right now is that it'll drop from mobs involved in daily quests for the Sunreaver Onslaught / Kirin Tor Offensive factions in 5.2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested to see how Affliction locks will be affected by green fire. Haunt is already sort of green, Malefic Grasp is green/blue, so that just leaves Fel Flame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I'm interested to see how Affliction locks will be affected by green fire. Haunt is already sort of green, Malefic Grasp is green/blue, so that just leaves Fel Flame.
    It will only affect fire spells that are not already green, this quest chain and the item at the end will have no effect on Affliction other than when you use RoF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    It will only affect fire spells that are not already green, this quest chain and the item at the end will have no effect on Affliction other than when you use RoF
    So basically it's only Destro locks who give a toss about this? I mean, I'll do the chain, but can't stand Destro spec.

Deleted
    So basically it's only Destro locks who give a toss about this? I mean, I'll do the chain, but can't stand Destro spec.
    Demo to a small extent as well (hellfire/inferno etc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, what do you expect from a quest reward that changes your orange fire to green fire? If you don't like the spec that uses all the fire spells, it's probably not going to have that big of an impact for you.

Why would you want your shadow spells to turn green, anyway? I know people are even requesting a green aura/form for Affliction. Why? Do they just want everything to be green all the time now? Is it that the reward isn't "good enough" for them, so otherwise why bother doing the questline? Is it because "they" are getting more than "you" and that's somehow unfair?

Because, put simply, this is about giving warlocks that corrupt fire color that many of us always felt they should have. It's not about, "oh, what about me, my shadow spells are still all purple, I want new colors to play with too!"

take burning rush and you'll have enough green fire
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post

I think that its being all too hyped by now to be delayed AGAIN. I also agree that none should stand for any kind of unreliability yet again even though they can do w/e they want. The concern comes from the "current plan, not a promise" post when they mentioned that it would be bumped to 5.2. Then again, the quest was already meant to be continued, but now it is about to be the whole thing. Therefore, if it delayed now, then the whole thing will be altogether. If that turns out to be true, then it will be totally irresponsible and untrustworthy for the company.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, what do you expect from a quest reward that changes your orange fire to green fire? If you don't like the spec that uses all the fire spells, it's probably not going to have that big of an impact for you.

Why would you want your shadow spells to turn green, anyway? I know people are even requesting a green aura/form for Affliction. Why? Do they just want everything to be green all the time now? Is it that the reward isn't "good enough" for them, so otherwise why bother doing the questline? Is it because "they" are getting more than "you" and that's somehow unfair?

Because, put simply, this is about giving warlocks that corrupt fire color that many of us always felt they should have. It's not about, "oh, what about me, my shadow spells are still all purple, I want new colors to play with too!"
    Warlocks are about Darkness. We want green colour for the flames to show that they are more than simplistic normal flames. Our shadow spells should remain purple and that is more objective than it is subjective. Its the Warlock identity to have purple/dark spells, yet green on fire is meant for Warlock to be distinguished from typical pyromancers.