Thread: My room?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

My room?

Hello,

I just wanted to get some more opinions here. I made the mistake of trying to start a 'battlestations' thread on /b/ and was met with a few posts like, 'Looks gay, what are you, five?'. Now I'm well aware this might be typical trolling, but I'd just like your opinions. I'm twenty, for those wondering.

I recently had my room done up a bit, and I don't think it's childish at all. I have a few posters of films/tv shows that I really like, neatly and orderly framed. The theme of the room has turned out to be black and brown and everything is pretty neat and well placed. My idea of a childs room is certainly not what I'm currently living in, so it was odd to me that I received those comments when I actually redid my room to make it look more 'adult'.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'd like your honest opinions. Here's the image.

Deleted
    Men dont become adults, its as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike posters in general but to answer your question no your room doesn't look childish at all.

Looks alright to me. You should know better than to take anything from /b/ seriously.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why do you need opinions on your room, only that should care what it looks like is you.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me, though the desk is a lot smaller than I'd be comfortable with.

I'm a 29 year old man, and I have a very tasteful Star Trek TNG framed picture on the wall in my bedroom. The women I've brought home have always commented positively on it. It's this image, except in a very very very nice frame:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Its not childish but it reminds me of a prison becos how empty it looks but im one of those people that need to have a lot of stuff around me otherwise i get claustrophobic so to each of their own i suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Looks fine to me, though the desk is a lot smaller than I'd be comfortable with.

I'm a 29 year old man, and I have a very tasteful Star Trek TNG framed picture on the wall in my bedroom. The women I've brought home have always commented positively on it. It's this image, except head and shoulders only, without the signatures, and in a very very very nice frame:
    If i was a woman i'd be creeped out as fuck by that picture :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Why do you need opinions on your room, only that should care what it looks like is you.
    I understand your point of view, but there's always a sense of caring what others think when anything aesthetic is involved. I don't care if people approve or not, I just care if they think it looks childish.

Do you really asked for opinios on /b/?

The more pressing question is why your Batman poster frame isn't lined up with the others. I find it hilarious... but anyone OCD is going to go crazy in there.

If you really want an opinion, it's that it looks very Ikea. I greatly dislike Ikea. But as someone else said, all opinions about your room besides your own are irrelevant.

Now, that said, you can't expect to ever start a thread on /b/ and NOT get called a childish name. It's just part of the territory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    The more pressing question is why your Batman poster frame isn't lined up with the others. I find it hilarious... but anyone OCD is going to go crazy in there.

If you really want an opinion, it's that it looks very Ikea. I greatly dislike Ikea. But as someone else said, all opinions about your room besides your own are irrelevant.

Now, that said, you can't expect to ever start a thread on /b/ and NOT get called a childish name. It's just part of the territory.
    Still to tighten the string behind the frame, then it'll be aligned. The only thing actually from Ikea is the desk, because I needed it to be height adjustable at a certain time.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-01-25 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Well you aren't, and I've had a lot of positive reception of that picture, so I don't really care what you think.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Clean, neat, sober and decorated to your tastes. What's not to like ?

I think the room looks great, and no it doesn't make you seem homosexual or anything. They just trollin' because it's funny to see how people react. You should respond in a similar manner, and be like, "Isn't it fabulous /glitterbomb" Anyway, it doesn't look childish either.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The person you should be asking is you. Do you like it? Your the one that is going to spend most time in there.

I like it although I'm not a big fan of Brown. It's funny because 2 of the pictures your walls look grey which I liked better. Small room though so not much you can do with it. Might want to put a picture on the wall where your pillow is.

Look, you have Tom Hardy right there on the wall, so you've won me I like it, everything looks neat. Now, I'm a girl and I'm probably biased because I prefer small bedrooms (from that angle it looks small-ish) to bigger ones (and Tom Hardy, remember), but I really don't see why someone would find it childish.

The colors make it look somber, so yeah. And as long as you feel cozy there, why should it matter.

P.S. Watching the pictures I had the feeling your monitor would fall off any time now

yea, but you'd figure you better not show it, and instead comment positively about it.
    I hope their eyes don't move ...

OP, it's your room, do what you want. Since you're 20, and probably live with parents, so your bedroom is your only private space, it seems fine.
    If you had your own apartment/house, I'd expect computer and posters to be out of the bedroom. Men-caves have all kinds of goofy things, but they are normally hidden away in an office-room/basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men dont become adults, its as simple as that.
    Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

- C.S. Lewis

That quote pretty much sums up my thoughts on comments like that.

The Lord of the Rings Posters ... /Hug OP

I think your room is not even Childish in the slightest, although this is coming from someone who currently has about 5 Framed Posters hanging up and 7 More sitting in my other room waiting to get Framed and Hung.

Sadly I'm living at my Dad's and the colour scheme at this rental property is ghastly ... Can't wait to move out so I can get a more 'Cool' looking room for my Computer/Bedroom.