Thread: My room?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    The Lord of the Rings Posters ... /Hug OP

I think your room is not even Childish in the slightest, although this is coming from someone who currently has about 5 Framed Posters hanging up and 7 More sitting in my other room waiting to get Framed and Hung.

Sadly I'm living at my Dad's and the colour scheme at this rental property is ghastly ... Can't wait to move out so I can get a more 'Cool' looking room for my Computer/Bedroom.
    Small Lord of the rings poster at the bottom apparently has real developed film in those little verticle rows. If you shine light on them, you can see little stills of animation. ;P

('Original 35mm Filmcel Triple presentation Limited Edition')
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-01-25 at 04:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to get some more opinions here. I made the mistake of trying to start a 'battlestations' thread on /b/ and was met with a few posts like, 'Looks gay, what are you, five?'. Now I'm well aware this might be typical trolling, but I'd just like your opinions. I'm twenty, for those wondering.

I recently had my room done up a bit, and I don't think it's childish at all. I have a few posters of films/tv shows that I really like, neatly and orderly framed. The theme of the room has turned out to be black and brown and everything is pretty neat and well placed. My idea of a childs room is certainly not what I'm currently living in, so it was odd to me that I received those comments when I actually redid my room to make it look more 'adult'.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'd like your honest opinions. Here's the image.
    There's your mistake. You're better off trying to create a battlestations thread on /v/

As for the image, I don't see anything childish about it, looks fine to me.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Looks nice, was worried if you had frames or not for those posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cosy to me.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

think it looks great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post
    Looks nice, was worried if you had frames or not for those posters.
    I gather unframed posters are a bid tasteless and indicative of a childish room? I was thinking that, and that's what slightly irked me when people were saying that it was childish, despite the posters being framed.

Stop worrying about what other people think about your room. Especially trolls, who's only purpose is to try to get a reaction.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Men dont become adults, its as simple as that.
    i love you bc that means i can play video games for the rest of my life

YES!

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 05:01 PM ----------

anyone who says ur room sucks is just jealous

nice setup

I think the only reason people think your room is gay is because you don't have any pictures of chicks on the walls. Just dudes. Nothing about the room really strikes me as "gay", but a picture of a girl on the wall would end other people's suspicions.

Your room looks tiny.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Lol what are you, 5? taking /b/ seriously hahahhahahaha.

Anyway, meh, personally i find the idea of "battlestations" to be a tad silly, taking it too far but hey if it suits your fancy, couldnt care less about where i have my laptop.

But to your question, no it doesnt look childish.
    Maybe referring to the notion of "battlestations"? but that is it, besides most guys never grow up so who cares.
    The room looks fine, never been a poster person but that has nothing to do with it, its a matter of taste.

Only bad thing I can say about your room pic is how the batman poster doesn't line up lol. Other than that, your room looks great. Way better than mine. Mines a mess lol.

Deleted
    Woah, that's one clean desk you've there. Mine is filled with papers, receipts, cola bottles and some dust behind the monitor. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much going on! lol My bedroom is made for sleeping and sex. I have no art, posters, computers or anything. All that is for the rest of my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Woah, that's one clean desk you've there. Mine is filled with papers, receipts, cola bottles and some dust behind the monitor. xD
    I agree, it looks too clean!

My bedroom includes a 9 foot tall Independence Day theater poster and my den prominently features toys and shit like Transformers and some Mcfarlane stuff. Whatever. 30 in August, I don't even care.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clean, very nice, and obviously you know what's awesome (LOTR + Batman :P) I don't see anything wrong, just a troll :P Your room is fine.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to get some more opinions here. I made the mistake of trying to start a 'battlestations' thread on /b/ and was met with a few posts like, 'Looks gay, what are you, five?'. Now I'm well aware this might be typical trolling, but I'd just like your opinions. I'm twenty, for those wondering.

I recently had my room done up a bit, and I don't think it's childish at all. I have a few posters of films/tv shows that I really like, neatly and orderly framed. The theme of the room has turned out to be black and brown and everything is pretty neat and well placed. My idea of a childs room is certainly not what I'm currently living in, so it was odd to me that I received those comments when I actually redid my room to make it look more 'adult'.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'd like your honest opinions. Here's the image.
    I'm guessing the sensitivity on that mic is huge.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'm guessing the sensitivity on that mic is huge.
    Prolly does audio work... or just really wants people to hear him lol.

My room now that i think of it might look like a psycopath's, sadly im not there anymore so no pictures....

Walls are black and white, had fun designing runes and symbols around it, it has swords, knives, a crossbow and gas masks around, and a ton of books, also a small skeleton and a skull *shrugs*
    Haaa, i should have gone to interior design.

Half of the time someone posts in a battlestation thread you have container of bodily fluids or dragon dildos or some other freaky shit in the picture, I don't think you should really care about /b/'s negative opinions of your room.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.