Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if they try insulting me, I don't allow their words to offend me. Why would I ever give some random person that kind of power over me? Taking the high road actually is quite fun, you get to watch as people seethe over your lack of reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I think you realize your initial comment to the mage was wrong. Ideally you should have apologized instead of not saying anything and dropping group. The druid was also wrong with how he worded it but your initial comment deserved to be called out on.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It doesn't matter if they try insulting me, I don't allow their words to offend me. Why would I ever give some random person that kind of power over me? Taking the high road actually is quite fun, you get to watch as people seethe over your lack of reaction.
    Exactly this. There's no "letting" people insult you. People are allowed to do and say whatever they want, as are you. If and how their words affect you is your choice.

Deleted
    I don't have a choice, I have to take it and then pull again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    I read the OP as if he apologized, idk.
    He did apologise, then tried to put blame on the other party. It's pretty clear cut that when there's a lockout mechanic, you don't pull until everyone is there. Of course the fact that he put in the extra effort to try to blame someone else is going to upset some.

Deleted
    Just report them and move on with your life tbh, it's not like you'll see them again anyhow. But don't leave group over it, it's not worth having to do another dungeon from the start just cause you had an idiot in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Exactly this. There's no "letting" people insult you. People are allowed to do and say whatever they want, as are you. If and how their words affect you is your choice.
    I think this one hits pretty close to home in my case. Believe it or not but I'm bored enough to think about stuff similar to this, and I've really given it a lot of thought over the past couple of years and I simply can not even understand the concept of getting offended. As far as I see it, it's a choice. You can choose to get hurt by what someone says/does or you can choose not to. Why anyone would choose to get hurt is beyond me.

Based on that, I'd say you were overreacting. Sure the druid's comment was uncalled for, but was it really THAT bad ? I suppose it could be more of a principle thing. Although, I can't help but wonder if the 3 DPSers in the group who had done nothing (based on what you told us) suffered some sort of consequences as a result of you leaving. Such as wiping and then having to pay the repair bill plus whatever extra time it takes to possibly run back and get a new tank and so on. Point being, one guy makes a mistake/whatever and everyone shares the punishment ?
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

If it's my fault and it's a serious thing yeah I take it.

Deleted
    I would not deliberately group with people who insulted me - for example guildies or in organised groups or raids. However, if 1 random pug says something insulting in a dungeon finder, I'm not going to leave the group, I'll just put them on ignore and finish the dungeon. You get idiots everywhere; just ignore them. If those idiots were however in a circle of people I was supposed to be a team with like my raid team, then I'd be having words with the raid/guild leader. If they said it was acceptable to insult people rather than constructively criticise; then I would leave.

Obviously criticism is fine but insults are unnecessary and unhelpful.

Deleted
    I don't pay attention to anything anybody says in heroics, just afk and multi-shot.

As for actual raiding the insults doesn't really mean anything either, if they point out something I did wrong I'll do my best not to repeat it regardless of how they phrase it. I guess I don't think insults are a big deal unless they come from someone who really knows you and which buttons to press.
    Last edited by mmocb28d37f069; 2013-01-26 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If it's my fault and it's a serious thing yeah I take it.
    It's still no reason to insult. If people can't criticse constructively then they should keep quiet.

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Yeah, no. I'll put them on ignore (if they use profanity I might report them, if their name struck me as questionable at the beginning and I ignored it then I'll make a point of reporting their name as well).

I'm not a fan of punishing 3 group members when the 4th proved themselves to be a jerk. That said, you probably didn't really do any of them a disservice so...

His loss. A chain/mass pulling tank that kept things moving? Sounds good to me. Can I heal you next time you queue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Abuse the shit out of them, but these things never happen because I am a flawless tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it right back to them. It's game you can say the worst things and never have to deal with it in real life
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    i generally dnt care for insults unless they very abusive.
    but i notice that most of the people who insult others are dripping with bad mistakes themself also, so i generally throw a well aimed insult back that isnt filled with obscinities but still mocks them (these are the best actually, and i can appricate a good one if someone throws one to me). though often i do this cause that person insulted someone else for a stupid reason, since i rarely get an insult thrown at my direction in random groups.

Deleted
    @OP That druid sounds like he had issues. It was barely your fault, and it's not even a big deal. Ugh people can get really pissy in 5-mans for no reason.

I'll admit I never got harshly insulted, so I don't really know what I would do. Most likely, I'd just tell the guy to calm down, it's just a game and this isn't exactly a heroic raid but a random 5-man. ...and I probably wouldn't leave the group unless we were at the very beginning of the instance, because I'm DPS and I don't want to queue again for my VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone tries to insult me, I'm just going to be as sarcastic as possible and troll the crap out of them. Usually they'll realiz how stupid they looked and they keep their mouths shut rest of the instance.

No, but this is assuming this is done on my own accord. If someone literally messes me up (like using Leap of Faith on me into bad scenarios), I'm surely to be pissed off.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    He did apologise, then tried to put blame on the other party. It's pretty clear cut that when there's a lockout mechanic, you don't pull until everyone is there. Of course the fact that he put in the extra effort to try to blame someone else is going to upset some.
    From the OP's post, looks like it was a speed run (chain pulling and mass pulling), when you are doing a speed run, you should really keep up, I am a dps myself and I always try to keep up on a fast run, if the mage got locked out (and only the mage) then it does look like he was a bit slow. I am on the tank's side on this one.

My view: when in a speed run, keep up or get left out.