10+ Year Old Account

Frost stat priority

I was under the impression that the priority was hit(15%) > int > haste > crit > mastery

However, when I run myself through simcraft it says that crit is better than haste.

I know its negligible, but still interesting. Should I ignore the Simcraft?

15+ Year Old Account
    because the value of frost's crit-cap is high.

Simcraft, if done right, is very accurate.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, you have nearly 8000 (19%) haste rating and only 10.5% crit, so it's not surprising that crit is up there in weight. I'm kind of surprised that mastery isn't weighted more, considering the amount of haste you have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    Also, you have nearly 8000 (19%) haste rating and only 10.5% crit, so it's not surprising that crit is up there in weight. I'm kind of surprised that mastery isn't weighted more, considering the amount of haste you have.
    With this post are you telling him that reforging and gemming mostly for haste is bad? As i'm gemmed and reforged for mainly haste (8,2k ub) and started to think if you are telling that it's wrong or just pointing out that haste is the reason for odd Simcraft results.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heviletti View Post
    With this post are you telling him that reforging and gemming mostly for haste is bad? As i'm gemmed and reforged for mainly haste (8,2k ub) and started to think if you are telling that it's wrong or just pointing out that haste is the reason for odd Simcraft results.
    Nah... just pointing out that because he has a high haste rating, SimC is weighting crit above haste.
    In contrast, my mage has about 5500-ish haste rating and SimC still places it bove crit and mastery by a fair amount, which means I need better gear (with more haste) to get where you guys are at.

For the OP... it's good to keep that high haste rating while trying to increase crit and then mastery when possible.
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 2013-01-25 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    It is pretty much all because of your low crit. I've also seen simcraft produce some really strange stat weights for frost.

Try actually simming yourself with a crit build. You dps will probably be lower and the stat weights will change back to prioritise haste.

Don't just trust stat weights. Run the sims and look at the dps.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

The simulationcraft statweights are showing, the next 100 crit will give you roughly +168dps if you change no other secondary stats. But this improvement is variable by other secondary stats. If you run the simulation again, the statweights will have changed based on the new ratings. You update your gear, they change again after a simulation.

A better way to see statweighs is to go to Options -> Plots and set your Number of Plot Points and your Plot Amount, e.g. 20 plot points and 100 as plot step amount allows you to see the changes for a range of 2000 secondary stat points. Then check your secondary stats you are interested in. As a result you will get a diagram with some lines that show the increase relative to the other stats.

But bear in mind one line in this diagram still shows only the increase you would get if you would not loose or gain statpoints from other secondary stats. A horizontal line means no dps gain and an increasing line means you will gain dps, vertical would just mean you gain infinite dps. A line connects the calculated plot points and is interpolated, so it is not really exact for the statpoints between plotpoints (So an exact hastecap will not show up as a local maximum in its correct position on the diagram, but can be guessed approximately

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 05:08 AM ----------

This is the diagram i am talking about. Of course after seeing that i would decrease the Plot Step Amount but keep the amount of plot points high to "zoom in"
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2013-01-26 at 03:10 AM.