"Tap to Click" issues

Since I bought this laptop (it's from a system builder, ibuypower.com. I believe it's known as the Clevo build, a small, ~11.7 in build) I've had a persistent issue that I have been unable to resolve. While typing, particularly longer pieces in word, my cursor will suddenly jump. After a bit of research, I learned this was almost certainly caused by a slight brush of the mousepad causing me to click. While I can't be sure if this is the cause, as I don't seem to touch it myself nor does the cursor necessarily go where the mouse actually is, turning of the touchpad does seem to fix the issue. I decided to try and turn off tap to click, so that I did not need to turn the touchpad off and on repeatedly. I have an ELAN touchpad, and per several articles advice, I went to the mouse properties and attempt to turn it off. Instead, I found the options unselectable, no properties tab, and no capability to follow anyones advice, which all led to a properties option at some point being available on this tab.

Any advice?

15+ Year Old Account
    if you double-click the icon in the system tray no properties or options appear?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    if you double-click the icon in the system tray no properties or options appear?
    It takes me to that very tab I ss'd. I wonder if perhaps I need to update the drivers for my touchpad. Any idea how I'd go about doing this? I google'd for a bit, but all their site seemed to say was to visit the manufacturers website for the drivers, and my manufacturer isn't really any help in that department.