Poll: Do you bot?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No, I'd never even consider using it out of moral principle.

It's always been a risk vs. reward thing for me. The risk of getting caught far outweighs whatever honor or gold I'd get. Plus it's basically cheating and I've never been predisposed to that sort of behavior.

I don't understand botting. If you don't want to play the game then don't play the game. If you do, then your success, be it wealth, gear, amount of max level toons, etc. should be limited by your investment in it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, cheating reveals and innate flaw of character. If you cannot see why it's wrong to do so, you should probably seek psychiatric help.

Nope, because playing the game you don't want to play is...idiotic?

Wait, what? To pay a game to let a machine use it for me? Doesn't make sense.

No. Not only is cheating dishonorable and pathetic, but if the game was to the point that I needed to bot to get something out of it, I would say it was time to quit and find a new hobby.

You guys don't get it... Some people use bots only when they can't personally attend the game, simply because there's so much GRINDING to do. Not everybody can sit on their asses in front of the PC every day just to keep up. That's why people bot.

I have never done it, but always wanted to try it out. It would be great to have a bot going leveling my characters for me so I don't have to, I only enjoy dungeons, raiding, and pvp so I don't need to waste my time to level if I can get it done for me. I would let this happen during the day while I am at work.

I botted a little honor/levels on a different account which I don't have right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if it is an activity I don't have patience for then I simply don't do it (Hence I don't PvP or fish).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    nah, never crossed my mind tbh. if it came to it i'd just quit playing the game.
    Couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    In the end its all blizzards fault because they dont make grinding funnier and they dont do anything to prevent botting.
    I actually kind of agree with this (though "more fun" instead of "funnier"). If Arch, Fishing, and Gathering wasn't so boring, A LOT less people would be botting. If BGs were more fun, less people would BG Bot.

Don't get me wrong, I find botting to be wrong, too, but they really could make fishing and gathering more fun,
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-01-25 at 08:55 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never considered it with WOW. I remember playing Grand Turismo 3 (I think it was 3) and wanted to complete the game but got bored of the 2hr + races and ended up racing the first couple laps to get a big lead and then simmed the rest of the race. That's when I realized what a waste of time it was for something so dumb and I've never really got back into another grand turismo game.

Deleted
    Autotalker in RuneScape, that's all.

No, but I have no problem with people who do.

I can understand the appeal of having a bot grind all the boring stuff while you just enough what you want to.

Deleted
    I use the bot for leveling only. I got sick of leveling after doing so with every class to 85. Also, I encourage and support any kind of botting that permits you to dedicate more time to important stuff irl ( girlfriend, gym, friends, study etc ) so you don't have to be a slave to a game.
    Feel free to bash me, my bot will be stealing your nodes and tag your mobs in the meantime for fast xp

Yeah back in BC some body gave me a free code to wow glider. I had no clue what it was but I tried it. I only used it a few times out fear and I sucked at making a good path. I got stuck all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used a script to farm mobs in Throne of Tides overnight in order to get tokens for lovely charms/lovebirds. Sold like 4, I think.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    You guys don't get it... Some people use bots only when they can't personally attend the game, simply because there's so much GRINDING to do. Not everybody can sit on their asses in front of the PC every day just to keep up. That's why people bot.
    That is not an excuse at all. It gives you an unfair advantage over other players who don't bot, and is simply cheating whether or not you like it. It is essentially just entering a "Free 100 herbs" cheat code that takes time to process. You don't have to do any work. Bots are despicable and horrible.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream