Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Blanket CS back, Cyclone DR reverted and RoP Nerfed

Ask and thou shalt receive.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlock
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.

Druid
    - We are reverting Cyclone having shared diminishing returns with other forms of crowd control. While we are keeping the cooldown of Cyclone cast by Feral druids in order to make Predatory Swiftness CC less dominant, we are lowering the cooldown to 20 sec from 30 sec.

Monk
    - Ring of Peace has been adjusted. It now forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and causes enemies who cast a harmful spell to be silenced for 3 sec. Moving out of the ring does not remove the silence, but it won't trigger again. The duration of Ring of Peace is 8 sec.

So glad Blizzard has listened to player feedback, S13 is on track to be one of the most balanced seasons yet.

Anyone who knows anything about caster PvP knows how reliant Mage and Warlock were on blanket CS to do any pressure. Removing it was a stupid change to begin with and meant that all Melee/Caster/Healer or Caster/Caster/Healer comps had to have a Spriest for the blanket.

The Cyclone DR change also ruined nearly all Rdruid synergy with everything except Warlocks and Spriests (forcing you into either WLD, RLD, etc). The cyclone change from 30s to 20s is a good change for Ferals, meaning that it'll be used either defensively or offensively. Not both, but is still a reliable CC.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=51#1020
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-01-25 at 07:34 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now RoP is worse than the aoe stun, and blanket silences are back? Dumb...? Blanket silences need to go.

/cheer @ cyclone

Yeah, lets hope they don't go through with the 8s Cyclone instead of 6s change that they were talking about for Restoration/Boomkin then.

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Yeah, lets hope they don't go through with the 8s Cyclone instead of 6s change that they were talking about for Restoration/Boomkin then.
    I'm pretty sure Cyclone is already back down to 6s. It's identical now to how it is on live, but Feral has a 20s CD on Cyclone.

10+ Year Old Account
    good changes.

clone is already reverted to 6s, thank f8ck.

Woot!!!! This I good to hear but I still think they should remove improved counter spell from mages and jut give them the same one warlocks have!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    So now RoP is worse than the aoe stun, and blanket silences are back? Dumb...? Blanket silences need to go.
    I'd gladly trade my blanket silence in return for something to actually interrupt.

Deleted
    I dont like that mages get their blanket back but i guess there is nothing to do about that.

Im REALLY happy about the rop-nerf. No single ability should be that mindlessly overpowered.

Looking forward to 5.2 more now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Nope. Blanket silences were fine for 8 years, and they are fine now.

Ring of Peace is still the perfect counter to a dk.

This means Shadow priest is going to be the lesser now along the lines with other caster balance (not by much). With the DP nerf and FH nerf, and blankets reverted for both of these... I wouldnt be surprised if they revert the DP change now.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Ok, gief back gag order now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    This means Shadow priest is going to be the lesser now along the lines with other caster balance (not by much). With the DP nerf and FH nerf, and blankets reverted for both of these... I wouldnt be surprised if they revert the DP change now.
    This!

Also... love your avatar. Hayley <3

Yey, so now u can continue to open with a deepfreeze follow it up with a blanket silence and kill my ele shaman ass, GG. Next season will be wonderful<3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Yey, so now u can continue to open with a deepfreeze follow it up with a blanket silence and kill my ele shaman ass, GG. Next season will be wonderful<3
    don't worry, you're getting another defensive that sucks!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    "Mage... Death Knight"

I see why you think Blanket Silences are fine. Both mages and warlocks already have enough CC. 90% of classes actually have to succeed in kicking, and can't just pre-emptively silence someone.

Also, just because something has been in the game (not for 8 years, either) doesn't mean that the games evolution has made them ridiculous. There are some classes that flat out can't do anything defensive while silenced, and 4 seconds plus a deep freeze is perfectly long enough to kill someone with no response on their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'am on the other side of the fence on this once. The blanket silence tied interrupts might have been fine way back when, but it's too much now. Personally I think if they want mages to keep the silence it should be a entire new button that has a longer cool down (say +10~15 seconds) that causes the interrupt to also be thrown into that cool down, and for the pet one if that one should stay I think it should be melee range at the very least. Only then I would be at least be content with it, it would be more in line with the other cc's in this game.

Also ring of peace change. Seriously? It just needs to be a thing on the ground (much like solar beam but with a friendly target requirement) The fact the circle still follows the target is the major reason it's absurd.

Deleted
    Haha told you they were going to revert this ( awful ) changes sooner or later. The outcry must have been massive!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Ok, gief back gag order now.
    Lol everyone agrees that that silence was completely retarded. It won't be given back and should have never made it live. Carry on now.