Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Should we reroll if we wanna seriously PvP in 5.2?

Does anyone think Warlocks are going to be hard to play and underpowered? Or, will they still stand up to other classes?

Any thoughts? I wanna buy WoW time in the next couple days and from what I read from other peoples opinions will basically make the choice for me if I should be leveling another character.

Cheers.

If you listen to the opinions of others on the forums, you'd be switching classes on a daily basis. According to the forums, every class will be the worst class in 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you listen to the opinions of others on the forums, you'd be switching classes on a daily basis. According to the forums, every class will be the worst class in 5.2.
    This so -Beeping- Much. For real, Someone bake this brah some toll-house. When it comes to class and spec. Never listen to fourms, websites etc etc. If your a good player, you going to excel regardless of what spec or class you play. Thats a fact. Legends are not created by looking up the most popular and simple class/spec and facerolling it to greatness.
    Its you game, your time. Play what you want to play and if anyone tells you otherwise, **** em.
    Last edited by Jaroko; 2013-01-25 at 07:54 PM.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

What the above posters said. Also they are reverting the changes to blanket cs so warlocks can still blanket people and what not. Burst seems it won't be as high once the new patch goes live and aff is looking more and more promising! I already play it in arena and I love it lol!

In short,if you have an alt you should start gearing him up for the next season, even just in case.Taking into consideration Blizzard's actions, they will hardly do any big changes mid expansion.Taking consideration of numbers, we are the 3rd worst represented class into high rankings, while the 2 worst (monk,rogue) are getting huge buffs, we are being nerfed.

If you don't trust numbers, many known multiglad warlocks are rerolling nowadays (i dont like to refer to names but you can do some research on your own), acknowledging the fact that warlocks have no future in competitive PvP as the signs indicate.

Personally, i will stick to my favorite class staying as far as i can away from arenas doing only rbgs.If being worse than expected, i might consider turning into PvE before rerolling if not frustrated enough to quit Wow.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-01-26 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, warlocks are officially the worst class in 5.2 for PvP. ( See how I said class, not spec? )
    If you are good, you'll learn to deal with this, but you'll have a really hard time getting to the rating where you belong should you play a balanced class.

And as the poster above me said, many top rated warlocks, including multi glad/r1 are rerolling to a different class because of the state warlocks are currently in and will be in in 5.2.
    Warlocks will remain a topclass in PvE, but in order to be perfectly viable again in PvP, there have to be some big chances and sadly enough, instead of getting those needed changes, we are getting nerfs.

I'm not doom and gloom yet until 5.2 comes out and I'll see myself. I am tired every time of our "burst" getting nerfed and affliction becomes the go to pvp spec. Yeah, yeah its great when u have a pocket healer or in arena with support (to me I think most classes should do well with a pocket healer). In bg's or just world pvp we will again become gimped and maybe have little chance of surving some class doing crazy burst while our DoTs tick slowlsy away. Only good thing about MoP is our defensive cd's have been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I'm not doom and gloom yet until 5.2 comes out and I'll see myself. I am tired every time of our "burst" getting nerfed and affliction becomes the go to pvp spec. Yeah, yeah its great when u have a pocket healer or in arena with support (to me I think most classes should do well with a pocket healer). In bg's or just world pvp we will again become gimped and maybe have little chance of surving some class doing crazy burst while our DoTs tick slowlsy away. Only good thing about MoP is our defensive cd's have been pretty good.
    I would trade MoP's defensive cd's with old system (healing, soul link, base death coil etc etc etc) any day tbh. I prefer having better sustain defenses rathen than being forced to use defensive cds when someone glares at me.We bring way too much stress to a healer atm, and we are way less rewarding than any other class to our teamates.

Even in 5.1, when enemy teams decide to force you use any defensive into the 1st 10 secs of the game then completly ignore you,only the idea of swapping you without having to use any offensive cds to global you or stress your healer to be constantly into sight is disgusting.Even if not,using blood fear oftenly can bring you to hard situations.On one hand i am glad that i dont have to suicide in order to use fear on cd at 5.2(+the ability to change fear or chain fear), on the other hand even something as broken as 5.1 blood fear wasn't enough to be competitive , i dont see any future in 5.2 at all tbh (casting nowadays is nearly impossible and underpowered for us)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-01-26 at 11:30 PM.

For BGs:
    We do have a usable tank spec for pvp though. It's viable. I have some crappy gear (full dreadful + 1 malev cloak and pve weapon :s) and manage to survive most 1v2 sometimes 1v3 and died only once against a fully geared warrior. Taking on frost mages and destro locks without issues. DA pvp is fun. This spec got burst (imps), passive damage reduction (DA, nether plating), a bubble, a leap, a knockout, 0 cast, high hp regen (GoS / Voidwalker +30% hp CD + dark regen). I kills really slowly if imp glyph is on CD but it's perfect to kite and control the board.

With a pvp weap it would be borderline OP as it's 100% facerolling too. No reason to reroll for me as 5.2 will ease my access to pvp weap without having to take a risk in wintrading rbgs or arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    For BGs:
    We do have a usable tank spec for pvp though. It's viable. I have some crappy gear (full dreadful + 1 malev cloak and pve weapon :s) and manage to survive most 1v2 sometimes 1v3 and died only once against a fully geared warrior. Taking on frost mages and destro locks without issues. DA pvp is fun. This spec got burst (imps), passive damage reduction (DA, nether plating), a bubble, a leap, a knockout, 0 cast, high hp regen (GoS / Voidwalker +30% hp CD + dark regen). I kills really slowly if imp glyph is on CD but it's perfect to kite and control the board.

With a pvp weap it would be borderline OP as it's 100% facerolling too. No reason to reroll for me as 5.2 will ease my access to pvp weap without having to take a risk in wintrading rbgs or arena.
    You failed to troll here.Bg =\= rbgs.
    1.) Yes some low teams or ~1500 might use a FC warlock if they can't find any other viable class, but this the rarest thing.
    2.) DA glyph removes dmg gain from mastery,thats 40% penalty dmg or so on yourself,also demonic slash 3 charges and usable on melee range only
    3.) Pet (Felguard) is of high importance for demonology dmg (even just for demonic fury gain) to sacrifice it.
    4.)The massive dmg reduction you are refering to is at 15%, not even close to warrior's 5.1 defensive stance and same as shadow priest.So they will pick them over you in matter of 5 times(at least) better dmg and more utility, since they need dmg not tank
    5.)Imps are not considered burst (their dmg is pretty low,but the demonic fury gain is what makes it good to roll)but since in DA demonic fury is useless for you since you dont cast at all (Soul Fire)

In your mind you can borderline yourself OP as much as you want.Reality is far from that though.I realy want to wish you luck in 5.2 as DAdemo, but not even a miracle will make you to get past 100rbg rating if you ever join one.
    Oh and yes,you should actually do something first b4 indicating it as faceroll.You are not even close to what actual PvP means considering your gear and exp.

Edit: I rest my case http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=Gratlim
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-01-27 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    What the above posters said. Also they are reverting the changes to blanket cs so warlocks can still blanket people and what not. Burst seems it won't be as high once the new patch goes live and aff is looking more and more promising! I already play it in arena and I love it lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    On twitter today he stated in a post to someone that warlocks are fine and will be fine even after the nerfs... Lol clearly he has no clue.
    Wow it's amazing how much your opinion can change in just one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    For BGs:

Yup, it's so OP that really noone above 1.5k is using it.
    Sorry to break your bubble, but you've only played against bad and/or undergeared players. While you are tankier than a demonology warlock, your damage is almost non-existent against geared players.
    DA is nothing more then a "defensive cooldown" you can use that completely ruins your damage and pressure. It's like blood presence for frost/unholy death knights, only worse.

I lol'd

It can be hard to ask for an opinion when they can be so subjective. The only thing the ones of us who would tell you that warlock is probably not your best choice for competitive pvp can do to convince you is point to our current representation and our future in 5.2. Like pitakos said the only classes with lower +2200 3's rating (the bracket pvp is balanced around) than us are monks and rogues, dk's are pretty much tied with us and that's with one of their specs not even being an arena spec. Monks and rogues are getting huge buffs and dk's are getting some pretty nice ones. On the other hand we're getting some minor buffs that don't really address what keeps us from higher arena rep. What we do get is a total annihilation of our OP blood fear, a crutch we used to get this far. At present it appears that 5.2 will be even more melee heavy, despite warriors being toned down. These are our known facts, what you choose to do with them is up to you.

I still plan to do 3's in 5.2 but I'm under no illusion that getting higher rating would require perfect synergy and probably getting carried by my teammates. In RBG's we have a specific niche, especially with 5.2's return of higher affliction dispel penalty, if you can find a decent team you can probably get far there.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

Deleted
    I think it's very hard to tell, we are getting slight nerfs but then again so is a lot of other classes. IMO it will depend greatly on how much they are buffing rogues. If rogues are op next season or overbuffed it going to affect our chances a lot more. That could be said with a lot of classes but rogues counter us badly.

If you want to do competitive arena, I'd roll an alt (Spriest in my case, although mages should be OK now too with the CS revert). If you're just having fun and don't mind some frustration facing cleave after cleave, stick with the lock. We're not broken, but we are going to be well behind the curve in 5.2. Still too squish even with 10% DR buff, CC in rough shape with the BF nerf + totemic restoration/wars still in every comp, aff dmg delivery still useless, etc. Pretty sure we will be the bottom of the 3v3 barrel in terms of 2K+ representation.

Deleted
    We're bad in 5.1, we'll be bad in 5.2.

If 5.1 didn't make you reroll, no reason 5.2 would, just stick with it and wait it out.

Deleted
    Warlock is highest skill capped class ingame. Thats what I like about it, there is always space for improvement unlike playing a melee class.
    For 5.2 going affliction might be your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteypablo View Post
    you mean most people who know how to play this game? the same people who agree with the multi-glads and R1s and who have played on the PTR? those people?

yea dont listen to them.

you know better right? dont play other classes to learn them.. dont play other classes so comps with your friends work better. just keep 1 toon ready and stay in a broken spec to hurt your team. sound advice from these sages of the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    yea thats pretty funny.. one of the same dips that was on me because i was complaining about how lock dmg felt on PTR. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post

Wow it's amazing how much you stalk me get a life bro!! Right now I enjoy my lock I always have I was mad when I saw the removal of our cs it would have made us the worst caster once 5.2 goes live since they are nerfingthe little burst we have from sac. Since they are reverting it though it will help out a decent amount I think. Now go find someone else to bother.

Honestly it seems like 5.2 pvp the really viable class is going to be monk. They're already pretty op, the only reason why you don't see more of them in high end already is because you have to lvl one from 1-90, and they aren't THAT op to justify grinding that just yet, but they are getting major buffs which are just going to take them from being slightly op to being stupid op.

Monk / monk / monk, team of the future for a little bit unfortunately, not gonna lie I'm lvl'ing a monk now though XD