Single tanking Wind Lord Heroic 10m!

Just wanted to see what other blood DKs are doing on this fight. Seems that while solo tanking this fight I'm going 100%-20% per round of attacks when I run out of CD's. DS immediately after of course but until the first group of adds die (which we have tried many tactics on this, recently trying to aoe down both groups low in order to get back to back debuffs on the boss) I tend to get rocked.

Are you guys getting outside CDs during this time? Our healers are usually saving them for the add rush targets.

Any tips/tricks to help out would be appreciated.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Akrylix/simple

WoL from last week: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-htgfxoz76nmjd9tx/

Edit: Not allowed to post links yet so had to edit the armory/WoL links so they would go.

Deleted
    With a (or in this case even two) discs there's no reason why you'd have to save cds for the rush targets, just pop a PW:S on the target and you're fine. Liberal cd usage until you get one pack down will help a lot. Make sure to pop cds when they get quickening, if you have a ds ready you should be somewhat fine when that isn't up.

I also feel like your discs might have to discuss assignments a bit, that the tank is taking a huge amount of damage when you have two packs up is entirely normal (during recklessness the priests can just atonement and make the entire raid immortal), but both disc priest seem to be focusing a lot on the raid (they could also be quicker to dispell quickening, the uptime isn't horrible but higher than it should be with two priests) and simply spam atonement for tankhealing. You simply aren't reciving enough healing before your death, your priests seem to be atonement healing while not keeping up grace fulltime (which is huge on this fight) nor using fhlea/gheal/void swap to save their tank/get through high damage periods. There are attempts where you recive one heal in five seconds before your death which simply isn't understandable on this fight, 2/3 (well, we just used 2 healers) should always be spamming heals into the tank since that's the only real source of damage most of the time (raining blades is a non-factor with two discs, and all the other raid damage is very minor).

Tldr: Both your discs are raid/atonementhealing the entire fight, just have one of them pump gheal/fheals into you instead.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-25 at 08:28 PM.

I didn't look at the log that I linked but normally we are only running 1 disc. The other was shadow and his main focus was the dispells.

But thanks for the insight. Will bring it up with our healers and see if we can get it fixed

As Cookie has already said, a PW:S is all that is really necessary for rush targets.

Our raid has 2 paladins that BoP squishy targets for those rushes (I myself just use Purgatory as a CD for this).

Ask your healers for defensive cooldowns when you're about to run out of yours (don't forget that hand of sacrifice!) and you should be far better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Just wanted to see what other blood DKs are doing on this fight. Seems that while solo tanking this fight I'm going 100%-20% per round of attacks when I run out of CD's. DS immediately after of course but until the first group of adds die (which we have tried many tactics on this, recently trying to aoe down both groups low in order to get back to back debuffs on the boss) I tend to get rocked.

Are you guys getting outside CDs during this time? Our healers are usually saving them for the add rush targets.

Any tips/tricks to help out would be appreciated.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Akrylix/simple

WoL from last week: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-htgfxoz76nmjd9tx/

Edit: Not allowed to post links yet so had to edit the armory/WoL links so they would go.
    As far as I know you also really want Death Siphon for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    As far as I know you also really want Death Siphon for this fight.
    while you can i would really not recommend it. it will hit hard and heal for a decent amount but it completely negates your mastery which imo is much, much more important than healing especially on a fight like windlord

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    while you can i would really not recommend it. it will hit hard and heal for a decent amount but it completely negates your mastery which imo is much, much more important than healing especially on a fight like windlord
    pretty much this.
    what is essentially a death pact for a death rune is pretty nice, but if you are not doing some kind of mitigation via shield you are going to get trucked. also, i'm too lazy to read all that's been said so my 2 cents is make sure you are using cooldowns when quickening is out. the damage isn't so bad without that buff out, so make sure you save your more powerful CDs for when it does go out. If quickening has enough of an uptime on adds either through slow or not enough dispels, you may need to rely on externals here as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Siphon and Blood Tap are mandatory.
    Log from our firstkill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mw...=11665&e=12017

We did it with 3 healers and myself as DK tank. Basically you want to have a cooldown ready for everytime the Blademasters come back from their Zortik Strike. This is the biggest spike in the whole fight, 3 mobs doing roughly 80-180k dmg 3 times at exactly the same moment.
    DON'T use Death Siphon without Mel'jarak having Recklessness (Debuff for 30s, after you kill one set of adds). Use Death Siphon to keep yourself alive during Recklessness. If you space them out a bit, you won't need any healing from your healers during this time, since every Death Siphon is ca. 70% of your Maxlife. The reason you're using Death Siphon is, that during Recklessness there is NO chance you can die, if played correctly and you put out the most dps possible (and thus hps, DSi: DMG = HEAL). Call out for externals when your cooldowns arent up for the returning adds. Don't use cooldowns with only one set of trash, mostly use them when all adds are up and play defensively. You'll be doing shitloads of damage anyway, so you play safe and try not to stack multiple cooldowns.
    Use Stamina trinkets and stamina flask + food, which gave me around 700k HP and Hit/Exp > Mastery > dodge/parry reforge, I had about 170-180% Masteryshields.

This is how i did it, there may be better solutions but this one worked like a charm. As soon as I switched from RUnic Corruption to Blood Tap and from Mastery to Stamina trinkets, I only stopped dying randomly.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

It's mainly just managing your cds, when all of the adds are on you at the start, and when the second set comes back (if you havent killed the first already) are your major times for spike damage. I would suggest not "spamming ds" as much you really need to space them out more for this fight. Also, save your larger cds like icebound and drw/army for the two times when you all of the adds on you. Other than that, healers definitely seem to be slacking from your logs. you should designate healers imo.

Deleted
    Something to keep in mind is, that while death siphon is great during recklessness you/your raid is also immortal during it if you have a disc/mistweaver (it's completely retarded how much atonement does during that), death pact on the other hand helps during the other parts where you are the most vulnerable.