Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not humans, not so sure I've seen an animal die right before me either, I've had them put to sleep, but I usually don't go in the room because it's too much for me to handle. I did watch my aunt's health decay from cancer, that in itself was very troubling to see, I could of gone to see her right before she died, however, I didn't want to remember her that way.

Only animals.
    I feel bad trying to write more about it.

Off topic:
    Tonight I dreamt I killed a cop trying to put me in prision, felt pretty good.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Only due to natural causes so far, not due to violence.

Grandfather died to cancer and my mother and I were living with my grandparents that winter as Grandma couldn't handle Grandpa dying on her own. They had Hospice. It was a quiet, slow, and sad time.

Cousin was diagnosed with cancer a few years later; he was in college, got into a car accident, which supposedly triggered whatever form he was finally diagnosed with (well, that's the story I was told). There was no hope for him as it was an extremely aggressive form. My mother and I went to visit them cross country for a couple of weeks, and he passed while we were there.

I remember visiting after my other grandfather's death - we were allowed to "visit" with his body right before cremation. I was maybe 5 at the time. I knew he was dead, and I knew the body had belonged to him, but it didn't scare me and it didn't disgust me. It was like standing beside a table with one of Grandpa's old belongings. I think that experience has actually held fast to me and works in terms of peaceful/quiet deaths.

I dread my first dissection. They say it passes quickly but I have doubts. Must wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I dread my first dissection. They say it passes quickly but I have doubts. Must wait and see.
    The hardest part is seeing the face, keep that covered and you will be fine, it is just a sack of meat.

Deleted
    I witnessed the death of my father when I was 23. That's 3 years ago now.

He was sick, cancer. I can honestly say it has changed me as a person. Perhaps not in a good way, but I tend to just carry on with life, as that's what my father would have wanted.

Watching somebody die in front of you is not something another person should ever have to go through really, especially if it's a loved one. It will give you an other way to look at the world though, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Went into a fairly deep depression for a few months after my father died.
    Been there. Perhaps I am still there. I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was young my uncle, trying to earn money to go to college, was shot. He lived in the bad part of the city and a couple of gangbangers thought my uncle was in a rival gang because of the color of his clothes so they approached him on his way back from work. My uncle worked at McDonald's so he was wearing red and black. My uncle tried to reason with them but they shot him anyways when he was defenseless and posed no threat (gg Chicago gun bans). I remember we drove to the hospital almost immediately after of happened since I had parent teacher conferences and we were in the area. He died as a result of the 4 bullets in his spine and chest cavity. Since then my family moved put of the bad part of the city and haven't experienced crime since.

I also saw a drunken man dive head first into shallow water with rocks down at the lake front. I thought nothing of it until I saw on the evening was that he died from injuries.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helping my dad get into a tenants apartment when I was 14. Saw a decomposing dead body that has started to liquefy into the carpets and being eaten by maggots. Probebly cultural, but to not call your mother for so long that her dead body is liquified and the super has to find her... is fucked up... Call your elderly relatives regularly folks...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I haven't seen someone die. I have seen dead family members. And pretty soon i will be going to see a lot of dead people up close and open.
    This for me. Seeing someone dead is enough for me, to see someone actually die? I don't know how I would respond, likely more crying though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    My aunts BF was driving alone at night in the country side (County armagh), it was dark and he was tired and ended up hitting a deer.

He killed himself a month or so after and left a note(Which i never read, but my aunt told the others the gist was he couldnt live with the guilt and it could of all too easily been a child), i saw his corpse in the guest room.

Overall wasnt a pleasent trip to ireland, but could of went... fuck.
    Wait, he killed himself because he hit a deer with his car?

Deleted
    I've seen dead people, but I haven't seen a person really die in front of me, animals at most.
    Hopefully I won't have to witness that.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-01-26 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Thankfully, I haven't. I've seen dead people (unfortunate Sixth Sense reference unavoidable) but no-one in the process of giving up the ghost. Not something I look forward to, in fact with my luck it will probably happen soon.

Deleted
    IRL i haven't but on video i have.

Deleted
    Was beside my 17year old cat when he draw his last breath. I grew up with that cat so I was really sad..im 21.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

Came close though, went out to eat with my parents and another family, including the grandmother of that family. After dinner, I decided to go home while my parent's went to the other family's house. The grandmother died that night.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have. Hopefully i never will. Can't even imagine.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

This topic is depressing...

No, and I hope I never will because I know I'd be very sad. I cried about a spider I killed once, watching it twitch and die...my eyes are watering just thinking about it right now, so who knows what will happen if I saw someone die.
    X

I've seen my pets die up close, it's hard to deal with at first, but eventually it just gets supressed and if I think about it, I don't think too much of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

Found my sister dead. She was 29 yrs old. I had no clue what to do with myself. I called 911 & my mother then proceeded to carry on to dunkin donuts. Not because I didnt care about what just happen, but more because I didnt want to believe what just happened. When I came back and seen the ambulance and EMT's rolling her out is the exact moment that it hit me. Rolling her over and checking her pulse is a memory that is etched in my memory. Im raising her daughter now, she looks just like her mother. Constant reminder of my little sister, but I wouldnt trade her in for anything.