Thread: Lego racist?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so b4 this gets so out of hand lets just remember the people who are doing this are not for Turkey they are people living in Austria who are from Turkish decent. These people make up .04% of the Austrian population about 300k people. Now not ALL of these people are Muslim its roughly 10% so about 30k people now if we take that and think... There are many bigger issues out there then the crys of 30K people who are offended that there couture is being infringed upon in a country that doesn't accept it anyway.
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post

Gona post this pic,
    This however is NSFW Lego Mohammed Set obviously fake.

woop's wrong image.
    qui-gon is jesus!

Should we just not start ignoring these idiots who keeps yelling out stupid stuff?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Its not turks, its turkish Idiots that pointed this assumed similiarity of hagia sophia and the lego stuff. Actually, the Hagia Sophia was once the biggest church in Christendom, until the evil sarazenes took over byzanz. They than mad a mosque out of it. So even claiming that a stolen church can be disgraced by a toy , and that this is a act of racism, is just funny and retarded.

My neighbour family who is turkish is also laughing about this guys.

I forsee that the offenders are the same kind of people that would want lego to produce man with suicide bomb backpacks, and most important, lego technic "lets build a ied" kits.
    That wasn't the Saracens. The Turkish tribe called the Seljuks were the ones that conquered Constantinople and detroyed the Byzantine Empire. And I wouldn't call the Saracens evil honestly, if you really want to play the "evil" card, then I'd use that to describe the Crusaders who more or less started this insane "West vs Islam" thing which we are still dealing with almost a thousand years later - so yeah, thanks for that Crusaders!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I agree with OP Muslims now a days want to use anything and everything to demand APOLOGIES from Western Business/ organisations.

I want an apology from every Muslim for 911, London Bus bombing, Tokyo subway attack, and any other terrorist attacks caused by Muslim groups. Not trying to bash a religion but if your going to say western culture is discriminant against your culture maybe there is a reason behind it.
    not to get picky, but the Tokyo Sarin attack was by the Aum Cult. Which where made up of Japanese people who followed Aum Shinrikyo as their religious leader. it had NOTHING to do with Muslims at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    Calm down. Your post could have easily read:

And your rallying cry against it perpetrates the same offenses that you claim to be so sick and tired of.
    How so? I gave my opinion on the situation.. I insulted no one. And if it offended anyone, then oh well.. I'm offended that anyone got offended..

You calm the hell down.. It could have read whatever the hell I wanted it to. I don't see the Jews getting pissed off that America had a lot of black slaves, instead pf Jew slaves.
    This is no crusade, so you can take your internet white-knight crap somewhere else. There is no rally cry, I'm not petitioning people to do anything.. Your disillusioned point of view is staggeringly uninformed.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

So when are they going to fly tiny Lego airplanes into tiny Lego towers as retribution?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    not to get picky, but the Tokyo Sarin attack was by the Aum Cult. Which where made up of Japanese people who followed Aum Shinrikyo as their religious leader. it had NOTHING to do with Muslims at all.
    I'm sure you got his point.. No need to negate it by throwing that out there.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Samuel L Jackson is the only Black dude in the Galaxy. Well him and Billy Dee.
    AND this guy:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0702934/ , portraying this character:
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000086/

Deleted
    The only resemblance is the lightbrowngreyish colour and a dome.
    Since it looks like a lego copy of the Star Wars palace the Turks should be complaining to GL.

People nowadays are to sensitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware that buildings are now considered part of a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    [img]http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/88/40CA990B4DBF93EEC32BD4956B2A_h316_w628_m5_cslJnBmZM.jpg[img]

Say what.
    Omg, they copied of from the building in AC:Revelations!!

Everyone knows that everything is racist.

Deleted
    Shouldn't christians be offended as well since Hagia Sophia was a church before the muslims? And now its a museum. Are museums considered a sacred and religious place?

10+ Year Old Account
    so these guys are grown men asking for an apology because a toy vaguely resembles a building that they worship in? this is just pathetic, ill lose a lot of respect for lego if they actually do or did apologize

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Just look how he portrayed ewoks, as if they were some savage tribe. Everyone knows Ewoks are just as intelligent and well educated as Tatooinians.
    Damn ewoks stealing our jobs!!

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

I personally am getting a lil sick & tired of these Muslims trying to find anything and everything they can as ammo to hate western culture, or hate on anyone who doesn't follow Islam. Everyday it seems they're finding out about something new around the world to get offended about. Even stuff that has been around for years, even decades. And they're just now bitching about it. (for lack of a better term).

*Note, I'm not bashing anyone or any faith.*
    Because no one in western culture ever blows shit out of proportion
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    so these guys are grown men asking for an apology because a toy vaguely resembles a building that they worship in? this is just pathetic, ill lose a lot of respect for lego if they actually do or did apologize
    They do not worship in Hagia Sophia atm since its a museum. It's prohibited by law not to do any kind of worship in Hagia Sophia(only the workers can in a small room)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    some people seriously need a fucking hobby.
    This, we need to give the muslim countries off the world some propor high-speed internet soon.

...Trough that will prolly just radicale them even more. Anywho...I'll just stop typing now before I get an infraction cause Im obviously to big a muslim hater when it comes to the subject off them trying to push there agenda onto people, and if somebody dosen't belive what they think is right they need to die etc..../yawn, even europes Nazi's didn't think like this during World War II...well almost.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Because no one in western culture ever blows shit out of proportion
    I find this to be true also.. It seems like a phase tho.. Cause Christian used to, Jews used to.. Then their religions calmed down, and are more tolerant.. It seems as if Islam is still in it's "childish" phase.

Two Things:

1) Where the fuck were they back in the 80's when Lucas created Jabba's the Hutt and his Palace? Lego got its designs for it from Lucas, and it's a bit late to be pussy hurt about how it looks now...

2) If these dumb shits are mad now, just wait until Robot Chicken gets around to spoofing this story by having lego muslim terrorists fly lego planes into the Jabba's Palace lego set.