Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    win 8 isn't doing well. people see any need to upgrade to it. even the ASUS CFO said win 8 isnt doing great. people are still buying new systems with win 7 loaded on it.

i think that speaks for itself.
    Instead of quoting people, you should try it yourself first. It's not doing great for that manager and his company since it cant drive sale up like W7. It has no major feature to draw people in, and the strange touch-mouse/kb hybrid startmenu might scare off chickens and hares here and there, but W8 is definitely not a failure like Vista - simply an improved W7 with strange interface. If you happens to use multiple monitor, W8 is a must.

Upgraded from 7 to 8 3 months ago.
    Everything works fine.
    I like it.

Dont upgrade.. Its a trap! a trap i tell you...

Seriously though, it seems many ppl like it, But personally i cant stand the ui changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    But personally i cant stand the ui changes
    I'm not fond of them either, but I decided that saving $60 was worth downloading a 1.5mb program that fixes it.

I went for the upgrade while it was cheap, and i've installed a start menu replacement program while I transition. So far it seems nice - the addition of the metro apps is a nice layer on top of the windows 7 I'm used to.