Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    You talk a good game, hmm wait...no you do not. Ok let me re-start, you say things and cannot back them up.
    Well it is not a secret that people made tons of money with investing enough time into the AH. Single scontrolling it might be too much said since there are more people also putting shit tons of hours into the market but making tons of money and controlling a certain aspect maybe.
    Why not?

Its not impossible. You cant prove her wrong

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Controling one region wide D3 AH, is saying you control the NY Stock Exchange.
    Which is possible for people with enough money and time.
    Easy to see when certain people start talking shit about certain stocks while buying shit tons of them themself

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WoW has a 2 k player economy.
    D3 has a 500 k player economy (if not more at times, certainly with new content patches).

Controling one region wide D3 AH, is saying you control the NY Stock Exchange.

Huh I swear I told you to stop replying to me not one person but many others remember that. I controlled it but not exactly the entire thing there's similar people like me so of course I couldn't control THE ENTIRE thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the argument that if you don't like the AH, don't use it because it doesn't affect you at all. You would think people like BenBos would actually read developers talking about their game, but I guess in the endless tirade to say nothing negative you can't remember that the drop rates of items and quality of items are directly impacted by the mere presence of the AH.

Drop rates are too low and too unrewarding. Do you know what the only reason is? Because they adjust the numbers to account for the AH. If the AH never existed, playing would be much more satisfying because you would actually find gear for your character in as much time as people have put in.

It's either naive, intentionally ignoring information, or downright stupidity to think anything contrary to that.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Few deals try 3000+ ? I played that game endlessly I made money from it from utterly doing it don't insult me because you have no clue how well that market can be bended to my hands
    I'm not trying to insult you. The simple matter is you sniped a few deals and flipped them to make money. Lots of people did this. You're overall affect on the entire market was insignificant. 3000 deals in what time frame? Even if it was as little as one month that still only comes out to 100 items a day. Do you really think 100 items a day is anything more than a piss in the bucket of an economy this size? I'm sure you did very well with the AH. You did not, however, control it, mass manipulate it, or do anything else other than snipe and flip a few items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I'm not trying to insult you. The simple matter is you sniped a few deals and flipped them to make money. Lots of people did this. You're overall affect on the entire market was insignificant. 3000 deals in what time frame? Even if it was as little as one month that still only comes out to 100 items a day. Do you really think 100 items a day is anything more than a piss in the bucket of an economy this size? I'm sure you did very well with the AH. You did not, however, control it, mass manipulate it, or do anything else other than snipe and flip a few items.
    One person isn't able to do it yes however multiple people to the point can do it keep that in mind why do you think the AH is broken right now? The likely hood of a newb even remotely getting a decent Item is pretty zero to none as he or she can't afford it simply because manipulation of all the Ah freaks and obviously bot freaks WHO DON'T GET BANNED

Like I'm still in contact with a close friend whos been botting since the beginning of the game what the F is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Drop rates are too low and too unrewarding.
    Drop rates was never the issue, you could boost them yet again and it changes nothing. I thought a bit about this since I started playing PoE and one major difference is how an item is rolled, D3 rolls from affixes based on level of the mob dropping it where as PoE roll affixes from the affix pool, I'll give an example.

In D3: (added a 0 at the end of top level to illustrate the effect)
    Stamina 1 (level 1-10): 1-100
    Stamina 2 (level 11-20): 11-200
    Stamina 3 (level 21-30): 21-300
    Stamina 4 (level 31-40): 31-400
    Stamina 5 (level 41-50): 41-500
    Stamina 6 (level 51-60): 51-600

In PoE:
    Stamina 1: 1-10
    Stamina 2: 11-20
    Stamina 3: 21-30
    Stamina 4: 31-40
    Stamina 5: 41-50
    Stamina 6: 51-60

I think the difference here is one of the main reason, combined with streamlined primary stats, that D3 loot feels unrewarding. The D3 way means that each affix needs to have a span wide enough to be able to roll both bad and good items as it only rolls from the affix for a specific level range, while PoE can roll 3 high level affixes and one low level on the same end game item resulting in both good and bad items without inflating stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Let's see: 1 million players buying and selling 10 items a day, that's 10 million items a day, over one week that's 70 million times, over 30 weeks that's 2 billion possible items for trade...

And he was part of this master control plan with 3000 items ...

Of course D3 was sold 12 million + times...

That's the problem with D3 : the figures are really not easy to comprehend with all players on that one server cluster...

The minute you talked about that one realm WoW economy and compared it with this kind of economic cluster I knew we had a good laugh again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    D3 rolls from affixes based on level of the mob dropping it where as PoE roll affixes from the affix pool, I'll give an example.
    *snip*
    In D3: (added a 0 at the end of top level to illustrate the effect)
    Stamina 1 (level 1-10): 1-100
    *etc*
    I'm assuming that you're saying the POE loot rolls once to determine the overall affix level and then again for the specific stat? And then the ranges between the lowest and the highest aren't as dramatic? It would seem like a solution to the D3 method would be to shorten the ranges (favorably) based on MP.

If instead of rolling 51-600 regardless of MP, maybe MP 0 would roll 51-300, or even 100-300. Increasing your chance of getting a better quality roll, even though the cap is lowered. Likewise, MP 5 could go 200-500, MP 10 300-600. This would also add a real sense of progression and give you a reason to farm higher levels at slower speeds, because you know the loot chance will be greater.
    BAD WOLF

I think the difference here is one of the main reason, combined with streamlined primary stats
    This is it exactly for me. I despise that sort of linearity in Action & MMO RPGs.

It's fantastically less interesting to think about a game when I know Dex is the only thing worth caring about for 59 levels. The idea of max level as an absolute and intended goal in D3 was another sore point for me.

The things I disliked about Diablo 3 were the same gameplay functions that put me off World of Warcraft; class singularity, stat linearity, objectively vertical progression, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is it exactly for me. I despise that sort of linearity in Action & MMO RPGs.

It's fantastically less interesting to think about a game when I know Dex is the only thing worth caring about for 59 levels. The idea of max level as an absolute and intended goal in D3 was another sore point for me.

The things I disliked about Diablo 3 were the same gameplay functions that put me off World of Warcraft; class singularity, stat linearity, objectively vertical progression, etc.
    The main dps stat wasnt the only worth thing to carry while leveling im sure of it. Well at least before the major damage nerf.

Off topic - i remenber many of your past posts and u allways have a new reason to add about why u dont play World of Warcraft or tried it . Diablo 3 also gave u many reasons to be desliked. Maybe what u truly deslike is what D3 and WoW have in common : the Blizzard logo.

I'm assuming that you're saying the POE loot rolls once to determine the overall affix level and then again for the specific stat? And then the ranges between the lowest and the highest aren't as dramatic? It would seem like a solution to the D3 method would be to shorten the ranges (favorably) based on MP.
    Yes, like I got a neck the other day that rolled fairly good affixes for damage and resist but ended up with the lowest health affix and as such made it a not so good item, now the difference is that it's still very useful if you can live without the health, the same happening in D3 would more than likely make it utterly useless due to the insanely large affix spans in combination with the focus on primary stat.

If instead of rolling 51-600 regardless of MP, maybe MP 0 would roll 51-300, or even 100-300. Increasing your chance of getting a better quality roll, even though the cap is lowered. Likewise, MP 5 could go 200-500, MP 10 300-600. This would also add a real sense of progression and give you a reason to farm higher levels at slower speeds, because you know the loot chance will be greater.
    It wouldn't help to be fair, it's the same as buffing drop rates, sure you will get better items but then again so will everyone else and the relative value remains the same as does the feeling that it's not good. The stat assigning system is flawed at it's core and probably the worst thing they changed from D2, it broke the fundamentals of the game.

Obviously the AH affects the perception of gear as well due to how easy it is to put a numerical value on how good an item is, which is another part of the overall problem. My original point was that the loot system is broken though, no matter of buffing the drop rates or changing what item levels drop where, it's much deeper than that and few people recognize it and complain about drop rates instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    The main dps stat wasnt the only worth thing to carry while leveling im sure of it. Well at least before the major damage nerf.
    Sure, there were some other stats. But for the most part it was just a couple of key stats.

Off topic - i remenber many of your past posts and u allways have a new reason to add about why u dont play World of Warcraft or tried it .
    Really don't like World of Warcraft at all. Almost every thing about the game is majorly off putting to me. It's one of the MMOs I liked the least of all that I have played.

I do think World of Warcraft is well made, calculated product. Without question, World of Warcraft is the quintessential theme park MMO. The defining game of the 2nd MMO era.

Objective truth and personal enjoyment are not always linked.

Diablo 3 also gave u many reasons to be desliked. Maybe what u truly deslike is what D3 and WoW have in common : the Blizzard logo.
    Oh, I like Diablo 3 actually. A few things irk me here and there- but the basic gameplay of D3 is soundly excellent. Particularly the look and feel of D3 is spectacular, imo.

Quite a lot of subtle improvements D3 made to the genre [in the mass market at least] that are often ignored. Such as drop-in/out MP games, AH, RMT AH, personalized loot, etc.

Yea, I am pretty okay with Diablo 3. It's not Diablo 2 v2: The Diabloing, but its a fairly solid game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-11 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It wouldn't help to be fair, it's the same as buffing drop rates, sure you will get better items but then again so will everyone else and the relative value remains the same as does the feeling that it's not good.

Obviously the AH affects the perception of gear as well due to how easy it is to put a numerical value on how good an item is
    But see here's where a lot of people's problems come from.

I think my solution makes the game better because I am not looking at each piece of loot that drops as dollar signs in my eyes. My goal is to increase my DMG number go up and my ability to complete higher MP levels to get better. Perfecting my gear really. To me that is the ultimate goal of these games. If you had a perfect piece of gear in every slot, you are finished until the expansion.

Is it still the game's fault for having the AH and RMAH and thus forcing people into having the option to only see dollar signs? Yes. My proposed solution would make your individual playtime more productive for you. I'm not factoring in anything else. This isn't an MMO. The AH shouldn't really factor into my personal enjoyment.

At least it would do that much. It wouldn't solve the AH problem, or people's issues with gear and money, but it would fix the time people spend playing the game vs the personal rewards they receive. I would think they owe us at least that much.
    BAD WOLF

D3 sold very well, but a lot of sold accounts are pure botting acounts as well. Sadly thats the truth. Got friends who have few D3 accounts just for botting and earning on RMAH. Once banned, they just bought new accounts and reearned what they had to spend on new ones - win:win situation for both parties :X.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2013-02-11 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    D3 sold very well, but a lot of sold accounts are pure botting acounts as well. Sadly thats the truth. Got friends who have few D3 accounts just for botting and earning on RMAH. Once banned, they just bought new accounts and reearned what they had to spend on new ones - win:win situation for both parties :X.
    Oh yeah, all those millions of accounts, half of them are bots. Makes a lot of sense, probably selling the stuff to each other, right.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Why would I need to be back it up? I destroyed D3 It's in my g-dam signature for god sakes all that is from manipulation cept the manticore I got that for free because I'm boss

Destroyed D3
    Destroyed PoE
    Destroyed WoW at the before era

Destroyed all three economies why do I need to prove it to you? I could give a F about what you think all I know is that I controlled the market as did others and it utterly rewarded me huh I'm getting into the elitist vibe aren't I? Oh well worth it!

Cy@
    Affixes and recycled gear killed the economy which had nothing to do with you. As for you rewards, it was once calculated you made around .62 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh yeah, all those millions of accounts, half of them are bots. Makes a lot of sense, probably selling the stuff to each other, right.
    L2Read with understanding. I dont state any numbers, but facts that a lot of accounts are botting ones.

But see here's where a lot of people's problems come from.

I think my solution makes the game better because I am not looking at each piece of loot that drops as dollar signs in my eyes. My goal is to increase my DMG number go up and my ability to complete higher MP levels to get better. Perfecting my gear really. To me that is the ultimate goal of these games. If you had a perfect piece of gear in every slot, you are finished until the expansion.

Is it still the game's fault for having the AH and RMAH and thus forcing people into having the option to only see dollar signs? Yes. My proposed solution would make your individual playtime more productive for you. I'm not factoring in anything else. This isn't an MMO. The AH shouldn't really factor into my personal enjoyment.

At least it would do that much. It wouldn't solve the AH problem, or people's issues with gear and money, but it would fix the time people spend playing the game vs the personal rewards they receive. I would think they owe us at least that much.
    I doubt it's that easy, more numbers on lackluster gear still doesn't solve the underlying issue that it's lackluster in the first place. The focus on primary stat excluding you from 60-80% of all loot drops in the first place, add on top of this the fact that AR becomes another must have stat and even more of that loot is useless, so it's not the existence of the AH that is at fault here, it only highlights the issue as it's so easy to brows for gear that is better than what you have due to the high percentage of useless items in the drop pool.

Again the while loot system is flawed at it's core, this was the biggest conceptual change from D2 with the skill system (that ties in to stats and loot), a gamble that went horribly wrong in their strive to make the game easier to develop while catering to the mass market. In short, they ripped the D2 soul out of the game when they tried to remake the loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Affixes and recycled gear killed the economy which had nothing to do with you. As for you rewards, it was once calculated you made around .62 an hour.
    .62 huh? 6 grand more like cy@ like this within my entire career of that game

A wall of emails like this

Get mad right now because I made more money then you in that shitty game

Too ancient TOO GOD DAM ANCIENT I haven't sold shi't since I retired all though this manticore is worth 2 billion gold sup? MORE MONEHHHH IN MA LAP

Cya I would of taken more screen shots but kinda overkill my ego of my elitist vibe oh wait I do have more I haven't checked this email in ages DAYUMMMMMMMM hahaha

Good day and back to PoE
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-11 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I'm fine with making .62 an hour doing nothing, as that's just what it is if you would be playing/sitting at the computer anyway...

Personally I bought a 47 inch 3D smart TV for my RMAH cash, nice bonus for just playing games, something I'd do anyway. So it's not as black and white as you try to make it out as.