Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Arena Masters and Haters

Anyone else only get hate when wearing their Arena Master title? The most common thing a person will say is "you bought it", "it's fake", "not hard to get". Not that I care what any haters have to say, but isn't it strange that people go straight to "hater-mode"? When I see an exceptional raider I don't say "no-life" "you get carried" I assume that this person actually has some sort of understanding of the game which is how they were able to obtain that Mount/Title. Think before you hate. In the real-world, "who you hate" could actually turn out to be your greatest network.

Deleted
    Boils down to jealousy

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Boils down to jealousy
    yeah you are probably right

its not limited to that title i get the same thing with "the undying"

Deleted
    Seriously? People get hated when wearing that title? Whenever I find someone with that title on a random bg, I usually feel relieved 'cause I assume they aren't utterly retarded

"Welfare epics, lul. At least I got my gear from actually playing the game; you know, standing in one spot and hitting the same four buttons in sequence."

10+ Year Old Account
    im guessing people probably start hating after u tell them how much better at pvp u are than them...i doubt people just go around looking for titles to hate on...

I get the same thing with my gold challenge mode gear.

"lel noob how much did it cost you"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Riding on my invincible -

Hater: Lol did u insta gold cap that newb? 999999g bought with irl money
    Me: ~Link achievement and told him to get mad :O
    Hater: ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't care about what titles the people that I run by in the game are wearing. Much less would I take the time to bother whispering something to them, no matter what title it is.

2200 was rival during all of wrath and first half of cata, actually even in S11 i doubt it was cutting it for Duelist. it was never impressive by any means.

Idk, i don't tend to get hate for wearing rare titles or riding my glad mount, maybe stop shoving it in face of people, like this thread for example.

More people buy heroic raid titles than arena carries. Heroic raid carries can be done with the customer face down the entire time, a bit harder in arena to carry 2v3 constantly, especially at a high rank.

I would never wear arena master because I am not proud of any title, and gladiator runs out after a season.

People like to be rude because it makes them feel better about themselves, even if it's a 2800 player talking shit to a 2200 player; He's doing it because he's in a bad mood and wants to take it out on someone.

A lot of R1 players talk shit to all the other ranks of Gladiator because they can, it seems to be human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get hate sometimes with the Bloodthirsty title on for whatever reason. I don't even think 250k is much now that it is account wide though; I'm approaching double now.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people still randomly speak?

There is an insane amount of passive/aggressive hate toward anyone that has anything that may be looked at as making them stand out. Miserable people can't handle that there are people that can be good at things. The OP may be the nicest, most helpful player in the game, and people will still give him hate for that title. People can be pretty pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if you showed it off. Really it wouldn't bother me. I would believe it to be true. I'm usually not one to think everyone around me is liar/bought an achievement etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Arena carries a very negative stigma thanks to a combination of past reports of win trading and non-PvPers not understanding the system nor caring to learn. That's just the way it is. People think you can rig the system to get glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Arena carries a very negative stigma thanks to a combination of past reports of win trading and non-PvPers not understanding the system nor caring to learn. That's just the way it is. People think you can rig the system to get glad.
    That and it will never be shown as much love by the developers as PVE, perhaps understandably so.