Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No New Sha Weapons in 5.2+

Which I know some of you don't even look at front page can you all like not go the sky is falling because you think you may have to purchase another gem for a ''new sha touched'' weapon :O thanks

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...gold-too-much/

kinda dumb tho....

the make sha touches weapons.
    you can get a 500 main stat gem and a prismatic socked from doing the quest.

then next patch there worthless?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    then next patch they're worthless?
    Not necessarily worthless. Depends on what weapons are available next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    kinda dumb tho....

the make sha touches weapons.
    you can get a 500 main stat gem and a prismatic socked from doing the quest.

then next patch there worthless?
    yup, worthless. they get deleted as soon as the patch launches, and any progress you made with those items is undone.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    While you won't be using your sha-touched anymore, there's no reason why the prismatic socket won't still be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    While you won't be using your sha-touched anymore, there's no reason why the prismatic socket won't still be used.
    Actually there kinda at least currently is.

Deleted
    I haven't completed the questline, but doesn't adding a socket require that the weapon is sha-touched?

They aren't worthless because you'll be using them for progression, probably until heroic :U

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I haven't completed the questline, but doesn't adding a socket require that the weapon is sha-touched?
    Good point, never mind that then, looks like we'll be weighing up our loss of stats in getting our new weapons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woot, two legendary 2h axes!

Wait...

Considering next tier drops 522 ilvl gear. yes your sha weapons are going to be obsolete pretty quick. Even the LFR versions of 5.2 weaps will be better lol.

Maybe they have plans to use your upgraded sha touched weapon to create a legendary weapon...or at least to change it into something more relevant. Really does seem a waste if not.

Good point, never mind that then, looks like we'll be weighing up our loss of stats in getting our new weapons.
    you wont the thunderking normal weapons beat the 2/2 heroic weapons easily, 517 vs 522, the 522 wins, and if it is close, for sure the 528/535/541 totally blow them away i do think this is kind of silly, any new alts/players will have to do the first wrathion chapter questline but gain nothing from it if they have a weapon from the thunderking raid.

Deleted
    there is one sha touched weapon listed on this very webiste

2h axe

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94982-5-2...boss-12-loot-1

so if we have this one and blizz says there are none, then i dont get it, i know its the PTR, but still, maybe there will be some, or there wont be, or there will, or maybe not, or there could be, or yes or no or yes and no
    Last edited by mmocde75c85f1b; 2013-01-26 at 01:33 AM.

Yes, they will unquestionably remove the +500 primary stat and free socket, and create a system where people on the most advanced stage of the legendary quest have a less powerful setup than the people who're just getting started.

There can be no doubt that it's anything except a plan to nerf it all into the ground. Because they don't like you. Yes, you. It's personal. Sorry.

On a more realistic note, I don't think there's much to do at this point except hurry up & wait. We'll see in time.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daedralord View Post
    there is one sha touched weapon listed on this very webiste

2h axe

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94982-5-2...boss-12-loot-1
    That's probably just a placeholder. Notice how a lot of the items have the same exact secondary stats as the 5.0 weapons (and there's even agi and str weapons with spirit).

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Maybe they have plans to use your upgraded sha touched weapon to create a legendary weapon...or at least to change it into something more relevant. Really does seem a waste if not.
    If that were the case then you would not be able to vendor it or DE it and removing it from your bags would give you the type delete pop up. The weapons were the vehicle to hold the legendary gem, just like the helm will be the vehicle for the legendary metas. The actual legendary item(non gem), will not bee seen until the last raid. So DE it or vendor it unless you like them ugly 'sumbitches fro mogging. I have already DEd 4 of em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    If that were the case then you would not be able to vendor it or DE it and removing it from your bags would give you the type delete pop up. The weapons were the vehicle to hold the legendary gem, just like the helm will be the vehicle for the legendary metas. The actual legendary item(non gem), will not bee seen until the last raid. So DE it or vendor it unless you like them ugly 'sumbitches fro mogging. I have already DEd 4 of em.
    Basically this. I don't see why they would require you to have weapons from 2+ tiers ago. It would REALLY discourage switching classes, as you'd have to clear old content in order to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    That's probably just a placeholder. Notice how a lot of the items have the same exact secondary stats as the 5.0 weapons (and there's even agi and str weapons with spirit).

very true, but the Ilvl gave me hope

i know the prismatic socket is pretty much makes the weapon become a sah weapon, but if the weapon already has a socket and the socket bonus will make it even better

i was kinda hoping the sha weapons would continue, they add something to farm for, also i hope the dont remove the meta legendary gem after 5.2 tier as it fits any meta socket, i can see them doing it, i wouldnt mind spending 10k a time to buy a new gem if i got a new helm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daedralord View Post
    very true, but the Ilvl gave me hope

i know the prismatic socket is pretty much makes the weapon become a sah weapon, but if the weapon already has a socket and the socket bonus will make it even better

i was kinda hoping the sha weapons would continue, they add something to farm for, also i hope the dont remove the meta legendary gem after 5.2 tier as it fits any meta socket, i can see them doing it, i wouldnt mind spending 10k a time to buy a new gem if i got a new helm
    What I think would make adding new sha-touched weapons work is if when you finish the next part of the questline, you can get another gem and prismatic socket for free.